• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Harbaugh's contract ends in 2021?

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can mark me down as not a fan of Harbaugh. I would be very happy if he left one way or another.

Maybe you could work out a trade & send Harbaugh to Auburn in exchange for Malzahn. At least he's beaten some teams that have made the playoffs.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're bragging about beating Fleck & the Gophers during his first year there?:pound:
Pretty sure MSU fans love to brag about beating Harbaugh in his first year here.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure MSU fans love to brag about beating Harbaugh in his first year here.

So you think Michigan State/meeeechegan is equal to Minnesota/meeeechegan? Funny thinking. And just keep in mind no other fanbase has pimped their HC up as much or in a more overly homeristic fashion than some UofM fans. I don't want to mention any names. But the names are you & trustmeimright.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're bragging about beating Fleck & the Gophers during his first year there?:pound:
Obviously Minnesota had multiple top ten recruiting classes in house when Fleck walked in so he should have just been able to win to start.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously Minnesota had multiple top ten recruiting classes in house when Fleck walked in so he should have just been able to win to start.

Damn right.

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe you could work out a trade & send Harbaugh to Auburn in exchange for Malzahn. At least he's beaten some teams that have made the playoffs.
At this point I would welcome such a deal. I just feel like UM has an albatross, and a very expensive one at that, hanging around its neck.

It's kind of having this long standing crush on a girl, and willing to give anything to be with her. Then, it finally happens and you are disappointed.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean hiring an OC after a 20 minute phone call with someone who has never called plays before isn’t ideal? Shocking.

Excuse me while I go talk to Michigan State’s play caller Dantonio got 15 years ago from Toys R Us.
We may have just gotten a new play caller!!!!
WOOOOOO!!!!!

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it weird that Harbaugh hasn't signed the extension offered to him yet?

I guess we'll know in the next week or two if Michigan is his Plan A, or if it were his Plan B option.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure why everyone is making this a big deal. My guess is some extension will be in place before the start of Fall.
Same. Holee fuk, we agreed on something.

With this extension just being offered by Michigan over that past few weeks, it seems like they are not all that excited to keep him. They are likely stuck between a coach that brings in highly ranked recruiting classes, and lot's of money to the program, and that same coach that can't sniff a B10 championship game and fades in most big games.

At this point, neither are excited about the head coaching job (Michigan doesn't seem like they would mind a new coach, and Harbaugh seems like he has some other jobs that he would prefer). Hopefully a mutual split happens, and Michigan can go throw large sums of money at some high end candidates. This time around, it should be a much more enticing for coaches, as the team has a nice cupboard of young talent on the team right now, and coming in the fall.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gus Malzahn is available.

Boglodyte

2 things that make life worth living, guns/cigars
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give Urban the keys to the admissions office and the AA police department and it may be an offer he can’t refuse.

fritowrdo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With this extension just being offered by Michigan over that past few weeks, it seems like they are not all that excited to keep him. They are likely stuck between a coach that brings in highly ranked recruiting classes, and lot's of money to the program, and that same coach that can't sniff a B10 championship game and fades in most big games.

At this point, neither are excited about the head coaching job (Michigan doesn't seem like they would mind a new coach, and Harbaugh seems like he has some other jobs that he would prefer). Hopefully a mutual split happens, and Michigan can go throw large sums of money at some high end candidates. This time around, it should be a much more enticing for coaches, as the team has a nice cupboard of young talent on the team right now, and coming in the fall.

I think you are spot on in that both Harbaugh and Michigan athletics are at a stalemate. Neither want each other but will take each other in the end if that is how it goes.

If he goes, who do you get that improves the situation. Lots of risk in him leaving and the program getting worse with players entering the portal.

For most programs, what Harbaugh has done would be a success but that is not what Harbaugh was hired to do which is win championships.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

fritowrdo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're Michigan, how much longer do you wait till Harbaugh decides if he wants to sign the extension? I imagine that Chargers job will have Harbaugh intrigued as well. Herbert looks like the next superstar in the NFL, and he's only 22.

I'm hoping Michigan gives Harbaugh a life time contract. But that is me.

fritowrdo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point I don’t care either way. Just get it over with.

I think you have the right attitude about it all. Just let us know what is going to happen.

I think perception will only get worse as this gets strung along. Hope is done by end of the week.

I do not think he goes, more about what financial leverage he can get on the contract.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give Urban the keys to the admissions office and the AA police department and it may be an offer he can’t refuse.
You don’t need to give him the police department. Just vote him in as district attorney so no charges ever get filed.