• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Harbaugh: Preliminary result on Bowman is a torn ACL and a fracture for Iupati

JPurthe1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yeah, wouldn't be opposed to an ILB in the first three rounds.

Or QB for that matter. But that's another thread (and no, I'm not just upset about the INT at the end, I'm basing it on the whole body of work).

I cannot disagree with your post. We need to develop a QB in the later rounds.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Dr. David J. Chao (Former NFL head team physician with 17 yrs of sideline experience. Orthopedic Surgeon. Real time inside look at injuries/medical issues. MondayMorningMD):

Navarro Bowman doesn't just have an ACL. Likely MCL as well. @49ers docs don't need MRI to make this ligament diagnosis. Can tell by exam.

JPurthe1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Dr. David J. Chao (Former NFL head team physician with 17 yrs of sideline experience. Orthopedic Surgeon. Real time inside look at injuries/medical issues. MondayMorningMD):

Navarro Bowman doesn't just have an ACL. Likely MCL as well. @49ers docs don't need MRI to make this ligament diagnosis. Can tell by exam.

Bowman is done and so are our niners, if the young guys do not step up. We are in big trouble next year.

Rams and Cards will be better and Hawks still there.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

More from him:

If a meniscus is torn when ACL/MCL torn, it is much more commonly lateral meniscus (on the compression side of the injury. TRIAD debunked.

Meniscus tears common with ACL/MCL injuries but usually is lateral (not medial) meniscus. TRIAD originally refers to medial meniscus.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was almost completely deflated after I saw Bowman's leg bend the wrong way. The guy has been our rock on defense all year, and a clear candidate for the DPOY. I really hope this doesn't ruin his career.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will slow him down, but hopefully we see him for the upcoming season. If there is more than 1 ligament involved along with tissue damage, I'm guessing he's back around October.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You can tell by how you move the knee when a patient is lying on the table. An MRI confirms it.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I hope there's an injury clause about the salary cap in Bowman's contract because his career could be over after that play.

..And it's Kaeperjackass's fault he was even on the field after that delay of game.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope there's an injury clause about the salary cap in Bowman's contract because his career could be over after that play.

..And it's Kaeperjackass's fault he was even on the field after that delay of game.

Bowman's injury still looked tame compared to what Lattimore's leg looked like and so far his career is not over.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Bowman's injury still looked tame compared to what Lattimore's leg looked like and so far his career is not over.

But his chances of playing in 2014 might be.

Lattimore didn't play.

Youngfan9886

Board Nightmare
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He may never be the same player. Only guy I can think of that came back to his previous level was AP. Look at RG3 this year.....Bowman might lose all his athleticism. Praying for the best.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way Seattle players reacted to the injury reminded me of LT's hit on Joe Namath.

I was depressed the rest of the game. I didn't care that Kap was acting a fool, I just wanted Bowman to be OK. :(

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way Seattle players reacted to the injury reminded me of LT's hit on Joe Namath.

I was depressed the rest of the game. I didn't care that Kap was acting a fool, I just wanted Bowman to be OK. :(

I'm with you on that. I looked around the restaurant last night that I was at and you could see the look on other fan's faces when FOX replayed the video of Bowman's leg getting bent awkward.

Also, many of you are jumping to conclusions about Bowman. We don't know the severity of that injury is, and yes, some players have come back fine, and even better, but some don't. Being in the medical field and having had experience with post operative orthopedic patients in the past, sometimes people don't function the same, so in some way I kinda agree with Sickness in that the 49ers should look for an ILB. Even if Bowman comes back close to normal, Willis is getting older.

Again, we need a full medical report here and nothing has been stated about other ligament damage. I'm hoping Bowman comes back fine, but to assume he'll be back to full speed because other players have exemplified that is a bit premature if you ask me.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Last 2 49ers I can remember who tore both an ACL and an MCL at the same time (besides Lattimore, who hasn't played yet): Scott McKillop & Mario Manningham.

Anyone else?

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iupati should come at a HUGE discount for an extension due to his injury concerns, I swear that guy gets hurt every game. I would give him slightly more than Anthony Davis got at this point.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Iupati should come at a HUGE discount for an extension due to his injury concerns, I swear that guy gets hurt every game.

You'd lose that by which you swore because 2013 was the first season he ever missed a game due to injury.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Preliminary reports have Bowman due back at the beginning of the season. However, with that kind of injury, I bet he returns late September/early October.