• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Harbaugh interview with Colin Cowherd...

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my experience of participating in interviews, I've found it takes 2 to produce a clunker! I'll take 50% responsibility 4 this clunker.

— Coach Harbaugh (@CoachJim4UM) July 1, 2015

Awesome
Saving face...

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing about an interview for a national audience is that it is an opportunity to recruit. Most coaches would love open ended, general questions because it allows you to craft your own narrative. Harbaugh blew an opportunity to get HIS message out there, and looked like an ass in the process.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing about an interview for a national audience is that it is an opportunity to recruit. Most coaches would love open ended, general questions because it allows you to craft your own narrative. Harbaugh blew an opportunity to get HIS message out there, and looked like an ass in the process.
I think he sent his message loud and clear.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowherd should have given Harbaugh closed ended Yes or no questions to allow Harbaugh to show his personality and to not confuse Harbaugh.

For some reason I feel he should be The Harbaugh because he is like The Hoff. No one hassles the Harbaugh.

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So after skimming this thread, it boils down to the following:

Michigan homers: Cowherd's questions were terrible and beneath the greatness that is Shirtless Jim Harbaugh

Everyone Else: Jim Harbaugh did his best impersonation of Syd Barrett, the later years.

After listening to the interview, gotta go with everyone else on this one.

. . . because you identify with everyone else.

Cowherd's own ego ruined that interview. I'm glad Harbaugh didn't scramble to try and "save" it.

Here is my point: Colin admitted that he knew Jim was a very intense and serious guy who did not open up and speak his mind like "other coaches" do. Well, if he knew that all along then why bother to interview him? What did he expect, an Oprah Moment? Cowherd desperately wants to be seen as a celebrity, an entertainer, not a sports radio jock. Get a grip. He's not Jimmy Kimmel.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my experience of participating in interviews, I've found it takes 2 to produce a clunker! I'll take 50% responsibility 4 this clunker.

— Coach Harbaugh (@CoachJim4UM) July 1, 2015

Awesome
How's that awesome? He gave one word answers and towards the end seemed so flustered he didn't even say anything. Harbaugh is just extremely introverted and awkward. Plain and simple.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cowherd's own ego ruined that interview. I'm glad Harbaugh didn't scramble to try and "save" it.

Here is my point: Colin admitted that he knew Jim was a very intense and serious guy who did not open up and speak his mind like "other coaches" do. Well, if he knew that all along then why bother to interview him? What did he expect, an Oprah Moment? Cowherd desperately wants to be seen as a celebrity, an entertainer, not a sports radio jock. Get a grip. He's not Jimmy Kimmel.
If harbs had not intention of talking to the guy he should not have done the interview.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How's that awesome? He gave one word answers and towards the end seemed so flustered he didn't even say anything. Harbaugh is just extremely introverted and awkward. Plain and simple.

"You just aren't smart enough to understand the greatness of Jim Harbaugh."- UM fans

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Congrats, @MAIZEandBLUE09. You have been given the title of "Official Reasonable Michigan Fan." Never thought I'd see the day.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He said he knew Harbaugh was rough but not this rough. I mean he answered Cowherds first 4 questions (which wasn't on the level quantum physics or anything) with like 14 I don't knows. Followed by awkward silence... It's 100% not Cowherds fault. Be real dude.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He said he knew Harbaugh was rough but not this rough. I mean he answered Cowherds first 4 questions (which wasn't on the level quantum physics or anything) with like 14 I don't knows. Followed by awkward silence... It's 100% not Cowherds fault. Be real dude.

There were alot of Harbaugh interviews like this when he was in SF. Many awkward interviews and silence on the radio with Harbaugh's short replies than silence. The morning sports guys in SF are easy going and talkative but they still often had difficulty getting anything out of Harbaugh. Harbaugh really doesn't want to open up about anything. As Hammer stated, why does he even do the interviews. I sometimes wondered the same thing when he was doing the interviews in SF.

Archangel

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So after skimming this thread, it boils down to the following:

Michigan homers: Cowherd's questions were terrible and beneath the greatness that is Shirtless Jim Harbaugh

Everyone Else: Jim Harbaugh did his best impersonation of Syd Barrett, the later years.

After listening to the interview, gotta go with everyone else on this one.

Nice reference, although probably only Pink Floyd fans get it.

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh should just come out and say he was in the middle of a really big and rough dump. Honestly, that's what it sounded like to me. Then, everyone could sympathize.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh should just come out and say he was in the middle of a really big and rough dump. Honestly, that's what it sounded like to me. Then, everyone could sympathize.
Holy shit, that's exactly it! I was trying to figure out what it sounded like...I was thinking, is he drunk? No. Doesn't sound high, either. He sounded exactly like someone who feels awkward talking on the phone on the can and is just trying to get off the line. That's perfect!

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would explain the pauses.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would imply Harbaugh actually stops to go sit on a toilet to take a shit, and belies the truth that he actually just shits while he walks and the shit will just go wherever it goes. INTENSITY.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would imply Harbaugh actually stops to go sit on a toilet to take a shit, and belies the truth that he actually just shits while he walks and the shit will just go wherever it goes. INTENSITY.
He made boosters pay to put in a $70,000 bathroom in his office at Stanford because Harbaugh couldn't take 12 steps to go use the bathroom the rest of the coaching staff uses. Unless he thought a bidet was a drinking fountain.