• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Harbaugh interview with Colin Cowherd...

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowherd started with a personality question and Harbs gave nothing. The "buy" question was after he talked about the elite coaches and elite recruiters all positive so I knew what he was saying. He asked about differences between NFL and college and didn't get anything. Harbs gave so little in this whole thing. And then seemed to get irritated that Cowherd was asking questions. He said Im a 4.3 WR why do I want to play at MI, and Harbs could not get the idea that Cowherd was giving him a chance to talk to all the recruits out there about MI.

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This season is gonna be so fucking fun!

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be, but it is largely up to Harbaugh. We need him to go full retard to make it happen. Do it, Jim! For me.

Oh, I have complete confidence in his ability to exceed our wild expectations in that regard!

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate Colin Cowherd, I think he is a joke and his show sucks. However, Harbaugh was a complete ass in that interview. Damn near every question he asked was perfectly fine and not out of line at all. Awkward to say the least on Harbaughs part.

I can't believe I am defending Cowherd *shudders*

Lol i feel the same way. Stupid of Harbaugh, but he's a bit fucky in the head so I'm not surprised. That he was doing this to Cowherd's airtime amuses me greatly, though. I bet Colin was throwing a hissy fit when they went to commercial

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Did anyone catch this? A friend of mine was frantically texting me about this earlier, telling me I had to hear it because Harbaugh gave a disaster of an interview. A lot of awkward silence and harbaugh with smartass passive-aggressive answers and tone. Found an audio file already, but isnt playing on my phone. Anyone hear it??

Nothing we didn't already know about Harbaugh:
On 49ers: Congratulations on the purchase of your new Harbaugh! | The Sacramento Bee

Your Harbaugh does not function like other head coaches. An innocuous query about the weather, for instance, could trigger a florid quote from Admiral William Halsey. And yet a routine question about a running back’s knee injury may cause your Harbaugh to wince, pause and grimace as if a malodorous scent has wafted into the room. Your Harbaugh’s default in this instance is: “We don’t really talk about that here” or “I can’t get inside his body” or “He’s working through something.” This is a design flaw our technicians in California have not yet worked out.

Your Harbaugh will be enormously affectionate one day and cold and distant the next. This is normal.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol i feel the same way. Stupid of Harbaugh, but he's a bit fucky in the head so I'm not surprised. That he was doing this to Cowherd's airtime amuses me greatly, though. I bet Colin was throwing a hissy fit when they went to commercial

Yup, Cowturd went all bonkers as soon as he hung up on Harbaugh. I still feel like Harbaugh was somehow calculated in his demeanor.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowherd is an idiot. Some questions weren't even questions at all, just statements with pauses at the end. At first he was trying to be all buddy buddy with Harbaugh, so he just went into cliche bullshit. Blah, blah, blah, no one cares Colin, ask something worthwhile.

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowherd started with a personality question and Harbs gave nothing. The "buy" question was after he talked about the elite coaches and elite recruiters all positive so I knew what he was saying. He asked about differences between NFL and college and didn't get anything. Harbs gave so little in this whole thing. And then seemed to get irritated that Cowherd was asking questions. He said Im a 4.3 WR why do I want to play at MI, and Harbs could not get the idea that Cowherd was giving him a chance to talk to all the recruits out there about MI.

Cowherd should have started with "Hello, Jim, good to talk to you." The "buy" question was incomprehensible unless you have been following Cowherd's "buy" and "sell" financial jargon analogies over the last few days. And, how did Harbaugh know Cowherd wasn't talking about a 4'3" WR? Puh-lease.

As for talking about recruiting, why should Harbaugh reveal his pitch? Harbaugh is always competing for recruits. As a "professional interviewer," Cowherd should have asked questions that didn't sound like they were composed by a third-grader. Cowherd lacks substance and overcompensates with stupid generalizations. And, he still hasn't revealed his "mystery" candidate for HC at Michigan, but he is sure it is not Harbaugh.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowherd should have started with "Hello, Jim, good to talk to you." The "buy" question was incomprehensible unless you have been following Cowherd's "buy" and "sell" financial jargon analogies over the last few days. And, how did Harbaugh know Cowherd wasn't talking about a 4'3" WR? Puh-lease.

As for talking about recruiting, why should Harbaugh reveal his pitch? Harbaugh is always competing for recruits. As a "professional interviewer," Cowherd should have asked questions that didn't sound like they were composed by a third-grader. Cowherd lacks substance and overcompensates with stupid generalizations. And, he still hasn't revealed his "mystery" candidate for HC at Michigan, but he is sure it is not Harbaugh.
Yes he should look like an ass as opposed to answering why a kid should go to MI.
Harbs sounds like a an from the very first question. As far as what he "should" have started with, he seems to do well with every other coach so I will go ahead an leave it to the guy who has done this a thousand times.
From others descriptions Harbs seems bipolar. Maybe he forgot his meds this morning.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got a notification and watched it on my phone earlier, pretty funny. Harbaugh's weird as fuck.
Yup, and that's all I took it for. Harbaugh was getting asked questions he thought were a waste of time (and let's be honest, Cowherd is a waste of time) and he didn't feel the need to dignify them with decent responses. IMO Cowherd could have just gone to normal questioning once the odd-ball stuff didn't work. Instead, he kept going to weird questions one after another. Jim's a weird dude and everyone knows it. What I'm really looking forward to is the first person to ask him about the interview.

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes he should look like an ass as opposed to answering why a kid should go to MI.
Harbs sounds like a an from the very first question. As far as what he "should" have started with, he seems to do well with every other coach so I will go ahead an leave it to the guy who has done this a thousand times.
From others descriptions Harbs seems bipolar. Maybe he forgot his meds this morning.

For a guy who has "done this a thousand times," Cowherd sure sounded like an amateur to no surprise of the 30% of us who don't like his "schtick" and another 30% who won't even respond to the question. That leaves the 40% who think he's the best thing since sliced bread. I'm more worried about their mental health than Jim Harbaugh's.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no such thing as bad publicity in this case, especially when it comes from a turd in the media who got his panties in a bunch.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably the most awkward and just strange interview I've heard in a long time. It's like Harbaugh didnt know he was live on air. Kind of embarrassing for him to be the public figure he is yet appears to be extremely anti social and introverted. Also his recruiting probably just took a hit.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For a guy who has "done this a thousand times," Cowherd sure sounded like an amateur to no surprise of the 30% of us who don't like his "schtick" and another 30% who won't even respond to the question. That leaves the 40% who think he's the best thing since sliced bread. I'm more worried about their mental health than Jim Harbaugh's.
Sounded like he was trying to give Harbs some softballs. Questions to talk about himself and the university. Any good coach/speaker could have taken those and made himself and MI look like the best on earth.
As far as the % people, I don't watch Cowherd but he looked fine this time and Harbs looked off his meds.