• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Harbaugh fires back at Saban (not really) -- invites all college coaches to the UM camp

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
‏@CoachJim4UM
As a Collegial gesture we invite Coaches from Every College to be involved in our football camp. #Compete #ExposureU

CDXZH8yWAAAdlCN.jpg:large

Also, this is pretty much the best response ever by Harbaugh to the criticism.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please explain to me how if Jim Harbaugh is supposedly a guest, he is able to just go ahead and invite everyone else as if they are running the show?

Looks to me like he's just proven that Michigan is the one actually hosting the camp, and the claims of being a guest are 100% bullshit.

PS: Nick Saban doesn't give a fuck about a camp in Alabama. When the SEC removes the rule, we'll be heading to places where 3 star recruits aren't the limit.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please explain to me how if Jim Harbaugh is supposedly a guest, he is able to just go ahead and invite everyone else as if they are running the show?

Looks to me like he's just proven that Michigan is the one actually hosting the camp, and the claims of being a guest are 100% bullshit.

PS: Nick Saban doesn't give a fuck about a camp in Alabama. When the SEC removes the rule, we'll be heading to places where 3 star recruits aren't the limit.
No no no, he's inviting them to OUR camp in Ann Arbor. The one we are allowed to host.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good little PR move by TTUN.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good little PR move by TTUN.
Right? I'm impressed at this response. I mean, what is there to be mad about? "I'm super pissed Harbaugh invited me" - Saban

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right? I'm impressed at this response. I mean, what is there to be mad about? "I'm super pissed Harbaugh invited me" - Saban

Harbaugh just wants Saban to come so he can see how getting the big recruits is done.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That doesn't mean they'll change anything. This little invitation also goes a long way to disproving Saban's fake opposition to the camps. As I said in the other thread, this has everything to do with Saban not wanting someone else on his "turf". If he doesn't show up, how can he complain? If he shows up, how can he complain?

And before you claim "nuh uh" like you did in the other thread, it's not just me who thinks so -- it's the national media as well:

Jim Harbaugh's invite ups ante in satellite wars - Big Ten Blog - ESPN

"What Harbaugh has done is call the bluff of every satellite camp critic. There's nothing behind their argument, of course, but the selfish desire to protect their own turf. If anything, Big Ten schools are merely closing the gap on a huge recruiting disadvantage by seeing a lot of prospects out of their area at one time in camps like these."

Even using the "turf" argument like I did the other day.

czKrWqZ.gif

Last edited:

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said in the earlier thread:

Andy Staples ‏@Andy_Staples 9m9 minutes ago
Harbaugh smart to paint coaches who are anti-satellite camp as anti-affordable options for HS kids. (B/C they are.) Now milking that.

How are they anti-affordable? I don't get this.

That doesn't mean they'll change anything. This little invitation also goes a long way to disproving Saban's fake opposition to the camps. As I said in the other thread, this has everything to do with Saban not wanting someone else on his "turf". If he doesn't show up, how can he complain? If he shows up, how can he complain?

And before you claim "nuh uh" like you did in the other thread, it's not just me who thinks so -- it's the national media as well:

"What Harbaugh has done is call the bluff of every satellite camp critic. There's nothing behind their argument, of course, but the selfish desire to protect their own turf. If anything, Big Ten schools are merely closing the gap on a huge recruiting disadvantage by seeing a lot of prospects out of their area at one time in camps like these."

Harbaugh didn't call any bluff. He invited everyone up to see those 3 stars which most will not have an offer from UM. Yes guys come see all the players we are not offering.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:lol:

Do you really think the problem in the past was that Nick Saban couldn't get invited to a camp? Are you really so stupid that you think the SEC is against it because they are worried they can't get into camps across the country?

Wow you Michigan fans are delusional.

Harbaugh hasn't called anyone's bluff. Nobody wants to go to Michigans crappy camp to start with. If the SEC removes the rule next month, Saban isn't going to waste his time in Michigan.