• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Happy Father's Day 2014.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still not sure if this uncle is on your mom or dad's side of the family.

Your first chain was correct, as I would not go into my wife's side of the family to indicate either my mom or dad, only if I were trying to indicate my parents-in-law, but no one on my wife's side would be an uncle to me without ince$t (either me marrying my sister or someone else marrying their sibling, cousin, or somebody) or cross-family marriage (someone from my wife's side marrying an one of my parent's siblings).

Plus, it would get tricky to go too far into my wife's sister's side, as my wife doesn't have any sisters. Her brother has a wife so she would be my sister in law. Her husband is my wife's brother. His sister is my wife. Her dad is my father in law. His sister's daughter's cousin could be my wife (if we don't jump further away). Her brother's aunt's husband is my wife's uncle, not mine. And you said I could only include my favorite uncle. My wife's uncle is not my uncle so he can't be my favorite. If my brother in laws cousin is a different cousin than my wide, it is even less likely to be my uncle without a family cross marriage.

What if my grandpa from my mom's side married my grandma on my dad's side? (Like how the Simpsons almost did.) Or if my wife's grandpa (when he was alive) married my grandma from my dad's side (doesn't matter which side, but my mom's mom passed away)?

As for mom or dad's side - Hint:

Your [brother's] sister's dad --> your sister's dad --> your dad.

And:

Your [dad]'s sister's daughter --> Your aunt's daughter --> Your cousin.

I made the chain going backwards so the sister in law part with my brother being involved was added last.

Last edited by a moderator:

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What if my grandpa from my mom's side married my grandma on my dad's side? (Like how the Simpsons almost did.)

Yesterday when I was reading Wiki, I recalled how Abraham Simpson married Selma, Marge's sister, before they divorced.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I made the chain going backwards so the sister in law part with my brother being involved was added last.

You cruel person.

No, I didn't say "cool".

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yesterday when I was reading Wiki, I recalled how Abraham Simpson married Selma, Marge's sister, before they divorced.

I thought they chickened out - but divorce makes a better story. Who'dathunk I would ever say, "divorce makes a better story"? No, I don't have divorce in my family, but no one really thinks, "hey, you know what would be great? You know, for story sake. Let's add some death in there, too. And taxes." I guess fictionally they might.

Note: divorce can be the best move, just not something that is added for a story, non-fictionally.

Need help with a divorce? Email me at [email protected].

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3