• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Happy Father's Day 2014.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are your plans for the weekend?

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, who has the most connections to dads?

Blood (living grandfather, dad, son, brother).

Marriage (husband, brother-in-law).

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Depends. For me blood because only two of my uncles/aunts have kids and my parents both only had two siblings.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nuraman00 said:

Depends. For me blood because only two of my uncles/aunts have kids and my parents both only had two siblings.
Thanks.

I didn't mean to compete Blood related dads to marriage related dads.

I meant that if one considered all aspects of one's family, how many dad's does one know?

For me, I think it would be:

Blood (Dad)

Marriage: N/A.

I'm not counting Uncles, or those dads related to Aunts. That would be too much to consider.

But if one did have a special uncle, then feel free to consider him.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks.

I didn't mean to compete Blood related dads to marriage related dads.

I meant that if one considered all aspects of one's family, how many dad's does one know?

For me, I think it would be:

Blood (Dad)

Marriage: N/A.

I'm not counting Uncles, or those dads related to Aunts. That would be too much to consider.

But if one did have a special uncle, then feel free to consider him.

I'm confused. My answer relates directly to knowing more Dad's through marriage than blood (few siblings). If you don't include marriages to Dad's, it's asking blood of your spouses blood related dads. My dad has no brothers (but sister has her husband as a dad to her kid) and my mom has one. My brother is a dad, so that's two. My wife has a father and a brother who is a father. My mom and dad have 1 father (by marriage, not bio) alive combined.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm confused. My answer relates directly to knowing more Dad's through marriage than blood (few siblings). If you don't include marriages to Dad's, it's asking blood of your spouses blood related dads. My dad has no brothers (but sister has her husband as a dad to her kid) and my mom has one. My brother is a dad, so that's two. My wife has a father and a brother who is a father. My mom and dad have 1 father (by marriage, not bio) alive combined.

I meant I normally didn't want to include blood uncles or blood aunt's husband/children/dad's, because it would start getting cumbersome to account for.

I will include that one Uncle you go to games with, because he seems special to you. I think he has children, not sure. Hmm, since your dad doesn't have brothers, is he your mom's brother? Or is he your dad/mom's sister's husband?

Ok, so that would be:

Blood:

* Your dad

* Brother

* Your favorite Uncle?

Marriage:

* Mom's father-in-law (This starts out blood, then ends as marriage)
* Sister's husband
* Wife's dad
* Wife's brother

So that's 6-7?

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm confused. What's the difference between a "beating" and a "spanking"?

++++++++++++++++++

I know my momma beat our butts, they weren’t spankings and there definitely weren’t any time outs.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm confused. What's the difference between a "beating" and a "spanking"?

++++++++++++++++++

I know my momma beat our butts, they weren’t spankings and there definitely weren’t any time outs.

I never thought about it, but spanking is on the butt and a beating can be anywhere and a lot harder. If you spanked excessively hard, I would consider that beating. If a man does anything significant to a woman, it's beating. Significance can be size-based, I suppose.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never thought about it, but spanking is on the butt and a beating can be anywhere and a lot harder.

Hmm. I never restricted spanking to the butt.

I've understood it to be anywhere. Back, face.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm. I never restricted spanking to the butt.

I've understood it to be anywhere. Back, face.

Back, ok. I've never heard spanking the face. I mean, I've never heard spanking the back, but I don't know everything. But face?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, my dad is not my mom's brother.

Seriously speaking, my uncle is my sister-in-law's husband's sister's dad's sister's daughter's cousin's brother's aunt's husband's kid's father.

Last edited by a moderator:

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously speaking, my uncle is my sister-in-law's husband's sister's dad's sister's daughter's cousin's brother's aunt's husband's kid's father.

What?

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back, ok. I've never heard spanking the face. I mean, I've never heard spanking the back, but I don't know everything. But face?

Maybe it's a slap then, but spanking is partially about intent and circumstance.

The intent being to punish a child.

So a slap to the face is equivalent to a spank anywhere else.

Hence the slap is a spank.

Spanking the butt doesn't make sense to me, although I've seen it on TV. There's too much soft tissue there, it doesn't hurt as much.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it's a slap then, but spanking is partially about intent and circumstance.

The intent being to punish a child.

So a slap to the face is equivalent to a spank anywhere else.

Hence the slap is a spank.

Spanking the butt doesn't make sense to me, although I've seen it on TV. There's too much soft tissue there, it doesn't hurt as much.

It can hurt without leaving the child abuse marks for child protective services. ;)

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What?

Ok, let me try figuring it out again.

sister-in-law's husband = your brother's wife's husband --> your brother.

Your [brother's] sister's dad --> your sister's dad --> your dad.

Your [dad]'s sister's daughter --> Your aunt's daughter --> Your cousin.

Your [cousin]'s cousin's brother --> Your brother?

Your [brother]'s aunt's husband --> Your uncle?

Your [uncle]'s kid's father --> Your uncle?

I'm still not sure if this uncle is on your mom or dad's side of the family.

But, what if I start over:

What is this isn't your brother's wife's husband, but rather your wife's sister's husband? So that would be your brother-in-law too?

Your [brother-in-law]'s sister's dad --> your wife's sister's dad --> Your father-in-law.

Ok, this is getting too far into the marriage side of your family, rather than blood. I think previous flow was better.