• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hangartner's Back

Golden Spur

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't surprise me. At least Scott has just a sprain, and not an ACL or anything.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no. he left in fa to start for the Bills when we didnt resingn him. 2 years ago we signed him off the street after he had been cut be the Bills

ONEPANTHERSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all honesty, if Chandler continues to play well, I don't see him starting. Scott is day to day and has been starting at right guard for weeks. Our only other center has 1 year of experience. Hangartner provides a veteran who can play both guard positions and center. His experience and versatility make him valuable. My worry is that we did cut him before our first preseason game. What I heard was that it was either a cap move or he was getting outplayed by younger guys. Could have just been that we had guys just as good for less money, I hope that was the case.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dunno it was a strange move. he had started for us the previous year and had been takeing all the starters reps. Hangartner was never the best guard out there, he is a technician who can get the job done. i think they where trying to get a meaner attitude out of the guard position because Gettleman especially like to be big and powerful up front. and Hangartner doesn't really fit that bill.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with Scott playing as well as he has, and Chandler looking good so far with the position change. doesnt look like letting him go was a big deal. at the time however it was extremely strange.

ONEPANTHERSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Panthers.Com

As for the team's decision to release Hangartner during training camp, head coach Ron Rivera said it ultimately came down to going younger.

"We've got five offensive linemen on injured reserve right now that were younger, bigger, more physical," Rivera said, referencing Amini Silatolu, Garry Williams, Edmund Kugbila, Jeff Byers and Bruce Campbell. "These were guys that we were expecting to develop. The future of this team is going forward with the younger players and sometimes you have to do that, because if you don't you'll never get those guys on the field."

Golden Spur

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Panthers.Com

As for the team's decision to release Hangartner during training camp, head coach Ron Rivera said it ultimately came down to going younger.

"We've got five offensive linemen on injured reserve right now that were younger, bigger, more physical," Rivera said, referencing Amini Silatolu, Garry Williams, Edmund Kugbila, Jeff Byers and Bruce Campbell. "These were guys that we were expecting to develop. The future of this team is going forward with the younger players and sometimes you have to do that, because if you don't you'll never get those guys on the field."

Lol -> all 5 went to IR.

Just hope GH is in game shape, and ready to go.