• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Handicapping Russell Wilson's Landing Spots

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have the feeling this is the end of this team, the era is over.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys crack me up.
Many think Pete has way too much control and should be fired.
Let’s imagine a team with a great owner. Highly productive including a Trophy. Later he dies. His “light on football knowledge“ sister takes over complete control.
The team then goes 30-12.
Now, who of the jesters demand a 30-12 coach, just coming off a 12-4 season should be canned?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys crack me up.
Let’s imagine a team with a great owner. Highly productive including a Trophy. Later he dies. His “light on football knowledge“ sister takes over complete control.
Now, who of the jesters demand a 30-12 coach, just coming off a 12-4 season should be canned?

I'm certainly not demanding that he be fired. And he is easily the best coach this team has ever had.

But that doesn't mean that he has a lifelong job.

AFAIK, Pete Carroll will only be the 3rd NFL coach in history to be a head coach at age 70 or older that wasn't an interim coach. Only Marv Levy and George Halas are in that club right now.

We have to consider the possibility that even Pete Carroll can't escape father time.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys crack me up.
Up until six weeks ago I never heard anyone say anything negative about Pete. He had been like a God here.
Now suddenly he is 'too old and 'too controlling and 'too stubborn'.

Hollywood Russ can hit the road. Won't hurt my feelings. If he can't see over an offensive line, maybe Shorty can at least see over a directors chair.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Up until six weeks ago I never heard anyone say anything negative about Pete. He had been like a God here.
Now suddenly he is 'too old and 'too controlling and 'too stubborn'.

Hollywood Russ can hit the road. Won't hurt my feelings. If he can't see over an offensive line, maybe Shorty can at least see over a directors chair.

And when we are 4-12 next year, we can look forward to the new exciting QB prospect we draft.

Personally I would rather not be the laughing stock of the NFL because we let Russ go in order to keep a 70 year old.

FTR, there were people about Pete in a critical manner well before 6 weeks ago. Several of us were critical of how he turtled up after the Bills and 1st Rams game.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And when we are 4-12 next year, we can look forward to the new exciting QB prospect we draft.

Personally I would rather not be the laughing stock of the NFL because we let Russ go in order to keep a 70 year old.

FTR, there were people about Pete in a critical manner well before 6 weeks ago. Several of us were critical of how he turtled up after the Bills and 1st Rams game.
You think we'd really go 4-12? These teams went 5 wins or worse last year...
  • Atlanta Falcons: Matt Ryan
  • Philadelphia Eagles: Carson Wentz
  • Detroit Lions: Matt Stafford
  • Houston Texans: DeShawn Watson
Solid QB play keeps you competitive... Tannehill, Mayfield, Fitzpatrick, Goff, Rivers led their teams to 10+ wins last year... Hard to imagine that we aren't that good of a team w/out RW... I believe some of the pass blocking issues were a result of RW at times... Not saying we'll be a better team w/out RW but I find it hard to believe we're going to be one of the worst teams w/out RW... If we replaced him with a solid veteran, I don't see us losing that many games...

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

3-5 in the playoffs and hasn't seen a Conference championship game since he became Mr Ciara. Im ready to roll the dice with a younger guy more serious about football. If that means a couple down years, so be it.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think we'd really go 4-12? These teams went 5 wins or worse last year...
  • Atlanta Falcons: Matt Ryan
  • Philadelphia Eagles: Carson Wentz
  • Detroit Lions: Matt Stafford
  • Houston Texans: DeShawn Watson
Solid QB play keeps you competitive... Tannehill, Mayfield, Fitzpatrick, Goff, Rivers led their teams to 10+ wins last year... Hard to imagine that we aren't that good of a team w/out RW... I believe some of the pass blocking issues were a result of RW at times... Not saying we'll be a better team w/out RW but I find it hard to believe we're going to be one of the worst teams w/out RW... If we replaced him with a solid veteran, I don't see us losing that many games...

Well ok I guess. I would say that last year was a but of outlier. But it isn't just that we would be losing Russ but we would be taking a a huge cap hit when we already have cap issues. So I think there would be more than an even chance that our starting QB would be Geno Smith.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3-5 in the playoffs and hasn't seen a Conference championship game since he became Mr Ciara. Im ready to roll the dice with a younger guy more serious about football. If that means a couple down years, so be it.

Or 20 years.

I think it is kinda ridiculous to say that Russ isn't serious about football.

The guy was on track to be the league MVP. Had a couple of bad games, once of which I FIRMLY lay at the feet of the defense, the team turtles up, and now Russ is an overrated chump.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or 20 years.

I think it is kinda ridiculous to say that Russ isn't serious about football.

The guy was on track to be the league MVP. Had a couple of bad games, once of which I FIRMLY lay at the feet of the defense, the team turtles up, and now Russ is an overrated chump.
Ridiculous exaggeration. The Seahawks aren't the Mariners. There record for winning seasons is 24-13-8. There is an organization-wide philosophy that cares far more about winning than the bloody Mariners. In the last 18 seasons, the team has gone to the playoffs 15 times. In other words, this team was on a streak of success before Russ. They can survive his departure because the organization, overall, has the heart of a winner.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ridiculous exaggeration. The Seahawks aren't the Mariners. There record for winning seasons is 24-13-8. There is an organization-wide philosophy that cares far more about winning than the bloody Mariners. In the last 18 seasons, the team has gone to the playoffs 15 times. In other words, this team was on a streak of success before Russ. They can survive his departure because the organization, overall, has the heart of a winner.

And prior to Russ showing up the Seahawks were 15-13-8 when it comes to winning seasons. Having 9 straight winning seasons with Russ certainly helps those numbers. How many winning seasons did Pete have before Russ showed up?

I remember the pre-Paul Allen days. They weren't fun. And, in case you missed it, Paul ain't around anymore.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And prior to Russ showing up the Seahawks were 15-13-8 when it comes to winning seasons.
Which more than points out your previous ridiculous exaggeration.

"Woh is me. We're going to lose for 20 straight years now because there is absolutely no previous organizational history to prove that we did that before Mr Ciara came to town.""

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Straight up trade to San Francisco for Garoppolo

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And prior to Russ showing up the Seahawks were 15-13-8 when it comes to winning seasons. Having 9 straight winning seasons with Russ certainly helps those numbers. How many winning seasons did Pete have before Russ showed up?

I remember the pre-Paul Allen days. They weren't fun. And, in case you missed it, Paul ain't around anymore.
I believe that Wilson is the difference maker in Seattle. As a 49er fan it is sickening to see him pull plays out of his ass time after time when he is all but sacked in the backfield.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which more than points out your previous ridiculous exaggeration.

"Woh is me. We're going to lose for 20 straight years now because there is absolutely no previous organizational history to prove that we did that before Mr Ciara came to town.""

I didn't say we were going to lose for 20 straight years. I said it could be 20 years before we find a QB even close to Russ. It took the team 35 years to find Russ. Sometimes have NEVER had such a QB.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say we were going to lose for 20 straight years. I said it could be 20 years before we find a QB even close to Russ. It took the team 35 years to find Russ. Sometimes have NEVER had such a QB.
Nice deflection attempt, but, no, that's not what you responded to.
I said, "If we have a couple years down time, so be it."

And you responded with "Or 20 years."

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice deflection attempt, but, no, that's not what you responded to.
I said, "If we have a couple years down time, so be it."

And you responded with "Or 20 years."

If you aren't in serious contention for a Super Bowl, it is a down year. Being perennially 8-8/9-7 isn't what I want.

I'd rather not be the Raiders or the Bills or the Browns or the Jets or the Redskins or the Vikings, constantly searching for the QB to get them to the next step.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys crack me up.
Marty was fired after a 15-1 record and hasn't been on the same level since. We all get annoyed with Pete from time to time but sometimes the grass isn't always greener on the other side. Let's see what Pete, the new OC and Russ come up with.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come to Dallas....

Welp, that's not happening. LOL

I do not see the Seahawks trading away Wilson unless they get the obscene asking price Watson wants. Eve then I don't see them doing it.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp, that's not happening. LOL

I do not see the Seahawks trading away Wilson unless they get the obscene asking price Watson wants. Eve then I don't see them doing it.

Not now.

But I'd have taken him.

Too bad they overspent on Dak though.