• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hail to Ana....the giant killer!

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
such a happy moment for serena haters/racists

anyhoo, it should be a fun final week on the women's side. i'd love to see a first time major winner.

Come on, dude, be bigger than this. I made it clear why I don't like her. To insist it's racism is racist in itself. I won't explain it to you again.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aches and pains get worse with age, true. I think she couldn't handle the extreme weather with her weight, she has to lug it around on the court for every rally. It makes you tired faster than an in shape and much slimmer player like Ana who carries much less weight on the court

lol. you're one of the few on here who plays and understands the game. you've been consistent with your opinion of serena for almost a decade now. hard to believe we've been posting on the same tennis boards that long. lol.

anyway, who do you think will win the tournament now? you liking li? she seems to be getting stronger with every match.

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excuses, excuses.

*Yawn*

I thought you were going to inundate us with examples of excuses or being a sore loser that form the basis of your hatred for her? Never have I seen such animosity towards an American sports figure since Tonya Harding. The glee exhibited by some of you with her loss is unbelievable.

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She blamed her back "after" the match. The story is everywhere.

When told that her manager says it was her back that was the reason, Serena said this:

"Again, I don't want to blame anything. I feel like Ana deserves all the credit," Williams added. "I feel she played unbelievable today. I think she went for her shots. It's not like I gave her the match."

Now, how difficult is it to understand this? I mean come on. This is ridiculous and nauseating.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought you were going to inundate us with examples of excuses or being a sore loser that form the basis of your hatred for her? Never have I seen such animosity towards an American sports figure since Tonya Harding. The glee exhibited by some of you with her loss is unbelievable.

Lol, yeah, not right now. Actually, I'll go look real quick.

BRB...

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, yeah, not right now. Actually, I'll go look real quick.

BRB...

And the beat goes on.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slldMEPvUqA]The Whispers - And The Beat Goes On Official Video - YouTube[/ame]

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you just google "Serena excuses" or 'Serena sore loser" you will find a wealth of information.
Why don't you do that, since you are the one making excuses your raison d'tre for your hatred of Serena.

Last edited by a moderator:

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's pretty clear that I don't like her, nor will I ever. If you like her that's fine.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...Never have I seen such animosity towards an American sports figure since Tonya Harding. The glee exhibited by some of you with her loss is unbelievable.

serena's the only american to win a major in the past 5 years.

real tennis fans in the US wish the best for her, and hope she gets several more majors in the precious few years she has left to play.

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

real tennis fans in the US wish the best for her, and hope she gets several more majors in the precious few years she has left to play.

Cezero, how many times have those who hate Serena not written her off only to find out that they can't put a genius down for long. She lost Australian open last year and it fueled her to her career best. Serena is no Venus. Unfortunately, that is all that is left for those who hate her. And they would again be proven wrong.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Serena will still be a contender for a while. She will most likely win at least 1 major this year if not 2. Next year will be a little less and she will start to slow down even more. That is life. We all get old. We all slow down, even if it is just a little bit it is enough to knock us down a level or two.

Hs0022

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hs0022

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol. you're one of the few on here who plays and understands the game. you've been consistent with your opinion of serena for almost a decade now. hard to believe we've been posting on the same tennis boards that long. lol.

anyway, who do you think will win the tournament now? you liking li? she seems to be getting stronger with every match.

I have played under extreme weather conditions (heat advisory effect in TX), and I know what it feels like. Do I think Serena could have won under better conditions? Sure. But that is the whole part of the game. You bring in the package and the conditioning that Agassi excelled at more than anyone. You gotta train under extreme conditions and not just sail on pure talent or power. I think Serena was unprepared because she was playing so well leading up to this event and was hyped to win here. She figured that she could win on form alone.

I like Ivanovic's chances although I think she is past her peak. Its either her or Li Na or Azarenka.

Regarding Serena's accomplishment I think 17 slams puts her in top 5 of all time, regardless of lack of competition in her era, she should really have won more and has underachieved her potential. She is slowing down somewhat but two or three more slams are not out of the question. She has her own set of followers through thick and thin and she is not everyone's cup of tea (I don't like her). Its just a lot of fun to tease her hard core fanatics because they get riled up so easy and pull out the race card when they are losing in an argument (kinda like the Nadal nuts that don't understand true tennis pull out the h2h).

Regd the men, it always was Djoko's tournament to lose. The conditions are fast enough for him to win I think if he faces Nadal or Murray or Federer for that matter in the final.

Hs0022

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And why would you not ROTFL" All of you of fact-free kingdom that only have your animus towards Serena as your commonality.
Actually the way he came back at you is what I found funny, I didn't even watch the video!:lol:

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am glad that when last year's AO champion, Djokovic was bounced out of the competition, he never received the opprobrium that fell on Serena Williams when she lost to Ana.