• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

hack a jordan

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very simple - if you foul a player 38 times in a game and you still lose the game - then your strategy didn't work. If the Clippers don't want to put themselves at risk with that strategy - then let the players work on their game so that they can make their free throws on a regular basis. We don't need more rules that protects the players from something like that. It's a weakness that can be corrected - Just saying

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree:

There are only 3 solutions to this problem.

1. Improve his free throw shooting.

2. Park his ass at the end of close games and live with the non-existent defense of Hawes.

3. Lose most close games by leaving him in as he misses 2/3 of his attempts.
:agree: - All he has to do is make those shots and the problem goes away.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very simple - if you foul a player 38 times in a game and you still lose the game - then your strategy didn't work. If the Clippers don't want to put themselves at risk with that strategy - then let the players work on their game so that they can make their free throws on a regular basis. We don't need more rules that protects the players from something like that. It's a weakness that can be corrected - Just saying

:L Jordan shot 10 for 28 from the line. The strategy worked, the rest of the Clippers played well enough to overcome Jordan's free throw shooting.

You do realize that that there is more strategy to basketball than just fouling a bad free throw shooter, right? :lol:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L Jordan shot 10 for 28 from the line. The strategy worked, the rest of the Clippers played well enough to overcome Jordan's free throw shooting.

You do realize that that there is more strategy to basketball than just fouling a bad free throw shooter, right? :lol:
Uh, that's my point - What I have been saying is that the Clippers still won the game so the Spurs strategy failed. Personally sending a player to the free throw line that many times is a strategy for a poor shooting team like the Lakers this year. I think the Spurs would have been better served to play the type of good defense that has worked for them. That being said, however I also think the rule should not be changed merely because a player is struggling at the free throw line. Let the dude learn to make his free throws and Hack a Shaq or Hack a Jordan goes away.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a close game, the Lakers did beat Houston with Hack A Howard last year, so as long as the Lakers aren't the one with a target painted on their back with that particular target - I am okay with it

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh, that's my point - What I have been saying is that the Clippers still won the game so the Spurs strategy failed. Personally sending a player to the free throw line that many times is a strategy for a poor shooting team like the Lakers this year. I think the Spurs would have been better served to play the type of good defense that has worked for them. That being said, however I also think the rule should not be changed merely because a player is struggling at the free throw line. Let the dude learn to make his free throws and Hack a Shaq or Hack a Jordan goes away.

:L Just because a team lost, doesn't mean that none of their strategies worked.

There were a lot of other strategies that didn't work. The Hack-a-Jordan worked and may be why the game was as close as it was. He shot 10 for 28, that's even worse than his already pathetic free throw percentage. So, that particular strategy worked. It was other strategies that didn't work.

For example, the Clippers scored 119 points on what is usually a very good defensive team. So, clearly there were some defensive strategies that didn't work. But the Hack-a-Jordan did exactly what it was designed to do.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There were a lot of other strategies that didn't work. The Hack-a-Jordan worked and may be why the game was as close as it was. He shot 10 for 28, that's even worse than his already pathetic free throw percentage. So, that particular strategy worked. It was other strategies that didn't work.

For example, the Clippers scored 119 points on what is usually a very good defensive team. So, clearly there were some defensive strategies that didn't work. But the Hack-a-Jordan did exactly what it was designed to do.
And if he learns how to shoot the damn ball - that problem will go away - but quite honestly - I am not upset at all about the Clippers struggling with free throws - in fact I would be quite happy if they lost all 82 games in the entire season, so I might not be considered the most objective about that. I do oppose them changing the rule though. As I said before - the Spurs is a good team - they have other weapons that can win games. I understand that hack a player(in this case Jordan) is one of those weapons, but I also feel that the Spurs had better options than that one. Personally if the Spurs had been on the top of their game last night - I don't think they would have needed that strategy and would have won that game. I think higher of the Spurs as a team then I do the Clippers - not sure why though

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Clippers shot 119 points, so I don't see where the Spurs slowed them down with Hack A Jordan - seems like to be better defense would have been a better option - just saying.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are several teams that I enjoy seeing get screwed by the refs, other teams and etc even though it's not right. When that happens to Boston(always my first choice), the Clippers and Miami - I am smiling that they got screwed - It's nothing personal though

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It fell short - because the Spurs lost. You have to watch Popovich though - he's still the best coach in the NBA

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I totally agree with your point.

You can't go making/changing rules to protect a couple of guys that can alleviate the problem themselves by simply working on their games.

When people talk about the " Jordan Rules", I don't think they meant this one:nono:.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally agree with your point.

You can't go making/changing rules to protect a couple of guys that can alleviate the problem themselves by simply working on their games.

When people talk about the " Jordan Rules", I don't think they meant this one:nono:.
Fortunately Lakers fans don't have to worry about that this year since the Lakers intend to lose the rest of their games:L

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, keep the free throw rules the way they are.