• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

guys we could draft that could start for us

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see your point and while I agree with most of it, I believe Rambo was a reach and as one poster said, tackling is a fundamental part of the game that you have to "want to" execute and Rambo doesn't seem to have it. As for Merriweather, he is likely one hit away from a long suspension or injury. Thomas is just coming back off injury, Clark is old and Gumbs very inexperienced as well but I do like Gumbs. We are FAR from settled at the safety position imo.

rambo is a reach in round 6 ? huh? why are we giving up on rambo so quickly ? his tackling improved as the year went by . look at the denver game . he had 10 tackles and stuck his nose in there same with the other games . he tackled decently

yeah i know he was awful early and he may never be a starter and he may be cut by a better player but shark is right on some levels. you cant fix all our needs in one off season

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
rambo is a reach in round 6 ? huh? why are we giving up on rambo so quickly ? his tackling improved as the year went by . look at the denver game . he had 10 tackles and stuck his nose in there same with the other games . he tackled decently

yeah i know he was awful early and he may never be a starter and he may be cut by a better player but shark is right on some levels. you cant fix all our needs in one off season

I don't think anyone here truly believes we can fix everything in one off season. We have enough holes that with a good draft, we can improve at several positions. The jury is still out on Rambo, but one more year like the last one, and the verdict will be in.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No one rational is saying we can fix all problems this year. What we are saying is we need to be flexible and take the BPA approach. If that means if we draft a safety in the 2nd or 3 rd and Rambo ends up being cut as a result, so be it. If it means we draft a tackle and Compton gets the ax, that's life in the NFL. The bottom line is no position or player is off limits (except maybe RG3, sorry shark) and the goal is to upgrade our talent for the long term at every position. Safety is clearly a position where we have short term answers, but no clear long term solution. If we can land a Pryor, Clinton Dix, or ward, it will be a pick well spent.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one rational is saying we can fix all problems this year. What we are saying is we need to be flexible and take the BPA approach. If that means if we draft a safety in the 2nd or 3 rd and Rambo ends up being cut as a result, so be it. If it means we draft a tackle and Compton gets the ax, that's life in the NFL. The bottom line is no position or player is off limits (except maybe RG3, sorry shark) and the goal is to upgrade our talent for the long term at every position. Safety is clearly a position where we have short term answers, but no clear long term solution. If we can land a Pryor, Clinton Dix, or ward, it will be a pick well spent.

no doubt , i am not on the rambo or bust bandwagon . what i am saying is we need to understand that the guy we saw early in the year tackle isnt the same one we saw at the end

now will that be enough ?

and the next question would be is next years draft a better draft to get long term help ?