• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

guys we could draft that could start for us

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. We can't afford a miss with our first pick. There is just too much risk that his knee will be a chronic problem. Some teams failed him at the physical. If he was somehow there in the 3rd round, maybe.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think both Tuitt & Borland can be had by the Skins in the 2nd & 3rd respectively. I would like both!

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine...
2nd round- Tuitt or Roby
3rd round- Borland or Kousidingsioduioddjgakouogdioi
4th round Richardson
5th round- Quarles

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine...
2nd round- Tuitt or Roby
3rd round- Borland or Kousidingsioduioddjgakouogdioi
4th round Richardson
5th round- Quarles

could be nice

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Upgrades across the board with those picks.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Upgrades across the board with those picks.

How many times have we said this about drafted or just signed players over the years. Aside from top ten picks, very few are plug and play upgrades. Especially rookies. I do remember many of us ( me included) saying no one could be a worse safety than Madiue Williams. Boy were we wrong on that call.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think if you make those picks , it would seem to me you gave it a good run at improvement by year 2 or 3

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be sweet if Kyle Fuller slipped to us. His stock is somewhat on the rise as well.

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many times have we said this about drafted or just signed players over the years. Aside from top ten picks, very few are plug and play upgrades. Especially rookies. I do remember many of us ( me included) saying no one could be a worse safety than Madiue Williams. Boy were we wrong on that call.

Your example is not a good one because, we replaced Williams with a 6th rounder who can not tackle in the open field.
The guys being mentioned above are much higher rated at positions that we truly suck at.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your example is not a good one because, we replaced Williams with a 6th rounder who can not tackle in the open field.
The guys being mentioned above are much higher rated at positions that we truly suck at.

Who you trying to convince?? Me or yourself?? Every time we have said well any one could do better and replaced a guy guess what??

At some point its called diminishing returns. You make so many changes that you end up finishing the same because you tried to do too much all at once.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who you trying to convince?? Me or yourself?? Every time we have said well any one could do better and replaced a guy guess what??

At some point its called diminishing returns. You make so many changes that you end up finishing the same because you tried to do too much all at once.

Don't think that will be the issue with Rambo. Actually, as a 6th rounder who flat out cannot tackle, he may find himself completely off the roster by the end of camp. It wouldn't surprise me one bit.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't think that will be the issue with Rambo. Actually, as a 6th rounder who flat out cannot tackle, he may find himself completely off the roster by the end of camp. It wouldn't surprise me one bit.

Dude, I agree some of these guys may in fact not deserve the shot they have been given. But as i said, at some point you have to not inflict more damage than you are trying to repair. Most teams that go through massive roster change in a short period of time can never actually pin point where the problems are because they create more problems than they fix. Some times you have got to accept average while you upgrade. Because trying to upgrade too many spots at once does not allow you to pin point where the real trouble is. And as much as we think we know where the real problems are, I would be willing to bet massive changes in those areas would just create a whole new set of issues.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, I agree some of these guys may in fact not deserve the shot they have been given. But as i said, at some point you have to not inflict more damage than you are trying to repair. Most teams that go through massive roster change in a short period of time can never actually pin point where the problems are because they create more problems than they fix. Some times you have got to accept average while you upgrade. Because trying to upgrade too many spots at once does not allow you to pin point where the real trouble is. And as much as we think we know where the real problems are, I would be willing to bet massive changes in those areas would just create a whole new set of issues.

And while you may be right Shark, moving forward with less than average (my view), players, a new coach and new direction, it's time to infuse this team with more young quality players in the top half of the draft. Were not talking about replacing a ton of players however, there are a few we could do without and not miss a beat. (Rambo & Merriweather) come to mind.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And while you may be right Shark, moving forward with less than average (my view), players, a new coach and new direction, it's time to infuse this team with more young quality players in the top half of the draft. Were not talking about replacing a ton of players however, there are a few we could do without and not miss a beat. (Rambo & Merriweather) come to mind.

Like I said, we have gone through this many times. Atogwe being replaced comes to mind. At some point you have to roll with average (which is what we have) While you groom your replacement/upgrade. Odds of us finding a new Sean Taylor at 34 are slim. BUt if we draft a kid, cut Merriweather and drop our new safety in, we are asking for problems. How often do the Patriots start second round rookies even IF they have a known weak spot or need?? They bring them in, roll with what they have until that drafted kid is ready to step in.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said, we have gone through this many times. Atogwe being replaced comes to mind. At some point you have to roll with average (which is what we have) While you groom your replacement/upgrade. Odds of us finding a new Sean Taylor at 34 are slim. BUt if we draft a kid, cut Merriweather and drop our new safety in, we are asking for problems. How often do the Patriots start second round rookies even IF they have a known weak spot or need?? They bring them in, roll with what they have until that drafted kid is ready to step in.

I see your point and while I agree with most of it, I believe Rambo was a reach and as one poster said, tackling is a fundamental part of the game that you have to "want to" execute and Rambo doesn't seem to have it. As for Merriweather, he is likely one hit away from a long suspension or injury. Thomas is just coming back off injury, Clark is old and Gumbs very inexperienced as well but I do like Gumbs. We are FAR from settled at the safety position imo.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see your point and while I agree with most of it, I believe Rambo was a reach and as one poster said, tackling is a fundamental part of the game that you have to "want to" execute and Rambo doesn't seem to have it. As for Merriweather, he is likely one hit away from a long suspension or injury. Thomas is just coming back off injury, Clark is old and Gumbs very inexperienced as well but I do like Gumbs. We are FAR from settled at the safety position imo.

Skinz... we have been beating the drum that you cant solve all the problems in one offseason, yet I see alot of the fanbase trying to do just that. Fix one or two areas at a time, concentrate resources on those areas and REALLY fix them, then move onto the next area if ned be. Now it looks like we have concentrated on D-line, WR and O-line. NOt bad areas to address, which is where I think we should continue to concentrate for this off season. Im pretty sure we will disagree on what order those should be in at this point, but I am willing to bet, with an improved pass rush, our secondary wont look quite as bad. With a less one deminsional passing attack ( and our QB pulling head out of arse) our offense as a whole will look much better. If a stud safety is there, fine grab him. But I dont think we need to make nearly as many changes as so many have suggested. I dont think we are as devoid of talent as some would suggest either. We finished really crappy last year, it happens. But I feel that even right now before the draft, there are not many teams we couldnt compete with if we fix a few fundamental problems that are not primarily just a lack of talent. What alot of people fail to realize is that these 53 guys we keep even down to the worst guy are still apart of the top .0000003% of all the people on the planet that play this game. You dont get to the NFL in most cases if you are turely a bum.