• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Gus Bradley - Anyone Interested?

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just some food for thought...

Now that Gus has been exterminated from Jacksonville, would anyone be interested in him becoming our new defensive coordinator? He was almost our Head Coach at one time before Chip Kelly changed his mind literally at the last minute.

Schwartz has been rather unimpressive with a predictable scheme, do we still have faith in Schwartz or would someone like Gus Bradley be a better option and someone to consider moving forward?

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradley's defenses don't seem to start games very well at all. The Seahawks defense doesn't miss him either.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only if Schwartz moves on. Schwartz' D will be better next year with 2 new CBs, and a better pass rush. He needs players just like Doug on Offense.

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
During the 3 years the old Chipper was here they were looking for Defensive personel to play in the 3 man D Line. It is going to take a little time to get the right people. Buddy Ryan's D sucked his 1st year, Schwartz has proven as a good DC. Be patient.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record I myself am not advocating a change, just thought I'd throw this out there for some banter.

From what I've seen in Schwartz's D, obviously the front 4 is the heart, soul and guts of the defense. The front is incomplete - we need another interior rusher (especially if Logan walks as a FA this off-season) and a bonafide DE opposite Graham/Curry. He needs a WILL that can cover - we don't have that. I think one of those trending hybrid LB/S types could work well in his defense. He needs corners who are scheme diverse that allows him to mix up coverages on the back end, that's where he tries to generate his confusion. We have #3 / #4 types playing as our starters who I wonder could even compete at the NCAA level the way they've played this year.

Since his scheme is simplistic in theory, I agree better overall talent is needed to complete the picture - he's been successful everywhere he's been, no reason to think it can't happen here with a bit of time.

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schwartz aside hasn't Gus done much less with better talent than he would have on this team? I haven't seen any Jags games this year but they have invested heavily on the defense in recent drafts. If he can't do it with tons of 1st round talent why would we want him for this group?

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure I buy the idea that skill alone will make the defense better. There are attributes missing that should be happening no matter how good or how bad a player is. Specifically the way our CB's don't play the ball or even look back for the ball. Week after week after week we see it - and that is not skillset dependent when so many are not doing it for so long. That is a weakness at coaching. And I would blame the position coach, but at some point the DC has to see this and say something also. But he doesn't.

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanted him over Chip and in hindsight, i wanted Arians more than any of them.

0 Seahawks fans miss gus Bradley, so no.

Nearly everyone from Chips '13 Coaching class is fired or on extremely thin ice.