• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GSW v. Kings 1/31/12 Recap

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First, I applaud Mark Jackson for sticking with the subs last night. They earned the right to close the game. That being said, he should have done a better job of recognizing who was actually making a difference and adding a few pieces to the lineup to make them sustainable down the stretch.

Nate Robinson was clearly gassed by about the 4 minute mark. His jumpers weren't on point because his legs were giving way. He was shooting with all arms, his last few shots. He did hustle his tail off, but at the 4 minute mark, I would have gone with Curry to finish off the game.

Klay Thompson had a few good looks to Rush in the corners, but other than that, he wasn't providing much on either side of the ball. At that point, he could have easily been replaced with Wright, who had played a pretty good game up until that point.

Udoh and McGuire clearly earned themselves more PT in the upcoming games. Rush doesn't even need to be covered at this point because he's been that great off the bench for the Warriors.

I love the fact that Curry, Wright and Lee seemed genuinely happy for the success of the bench. It's always hard to gauge Monta, because he's never overly happy or over unhappy, he's always neutral in his emotions.

The Warriors culture needs to adopt this mentality more in that the guys who are producing the best, will get the minutes on that given night. Most of the times the starters will be those guys. Some nights, they may not. But I love to see the team support each other.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this shows that we don't really need those starters. We need to try to trade them all. We would be more well rounded with a hand picked Mark Jackson team.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this win by the backups also has to factor in the competition we played against last night. The Kings aren't exactly a power house and they don't have nearly the talent other good teams do.

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think this win by the backups also has to factor in the competition we played against last night. The Kings aren't exactly a power house and they don't have nearly the talent other good teams do.

Exactly. Even with the win, the Warriors still have the third worst record in the Western Conference and the 8th worst record overall in the NBA. And that record currently puts the team's 2012 first round pick into Utah's hands.

We all know this team is not going to make the playoffs. The Lakers are sitting in the 8th spot currently and they are 13-9. Even with Jackson preaching defense every day, the Warriors are still giving up the most points per game in the NBA. It's not going to get any better. We have a coach who wants one thing and a group of players who are built do so something entirely different. One of the two has to change. Since we already know that changing coaches has not made any difference, it's time that the front office stepped up and changed the players on the court.