• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ground and Pound

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to believe that would hold him back, unless of course it affects his grip?
It will definitely affect his grip. We have not seen nor will we see the prognosis before game #1.
It definitely depends on severity.
I had a dislocated thumb as a kid. Common in kids. It was "different" after the injury.
Never had any treatment and it was fine after 10 day? It did "stick out like a sore thumb"

We don't know severity and there is some hope he can play.
We also don't know which hand. Theoretically, he could hold the ball in the other hand on some plays?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will definitely affect his grip. But, like Southie mentioned he'll carry it in his other hand. Also it will be reinforced to cover up the ball with two hands on contact. The dude never fumbled in college. Had one in preseason. This is more BB giving Mia something to think about.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So he gets to stand on the sideline and watch Damien Harris rip the Dolphins up for 126 yards and two TD's while JJ Taylor and James White add another 80 yards via short passes and a few additional runs.
Don't forget the 2 pick-six's and the fumble return for touchdown!

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So he gets to stand on the sideline and watch Damien Harris rip the Dolphins up for 126 yards and two TD's while JJ Taylor and James White add another 80 yards via short passes and a few additional runs.
Don't forget Blount that slow, stegosaurus somehow made the roster again. He must being going all ATM on BB

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are so old you don't remember URLs did not come around until the Internet became a thing in 93, 94 timeframe.
I had a Digital Equipment Corporation "Tiger" in 1987. I can remember having to type a URL to find specific companies and websites. I worked for DEC for ten years. I supervised chip manufacturing and then did EH&S for my final 7. I'm not demented, I can remember sitting at my desk in the living room trying to remember and find URLs. Only about 100 tech companies had URLs at the time. Fortunately I had friend who were coders and they were always available to help me out.

I joined a fantasy baseball league at DEC and these guys were the one who converted USA Today stats every week into our stats. A couple of them went to work for CBS when DEC folded and they took over the IT and fantasy sports and really cranked up the development. Our league is still going after 35 years.

Just to give you an idea of what these guys can do. One wrote the Bible on Computer Accessibility that is still the Bible today and started a company that did nothing but improve computer access for the handicapped. He lives in Sharon, NH and is now retired. But still is in the league. Another guy is a Professor at Stanford and was the architect of Adobe Acrobat. The guy who literally runs the league was a founder of Sabre-metrics and lives in Phoenix.. Every other year or so we all try to get together and play golf and go to minor league games.

Believe it or not, I actually won the league championship ONCE.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had a Digital Equipment Corporation "Tiger" in 1987. I can remember having to type a URL to find specific companies and websites. I worked for DEC for ten years. I supervised chip manufacturing and then did EH&S for my final 7. I'm not demented, I can remember sitting at my desk in the living room trying to remember and find URLs. Only about 100 tech companies had URLs at the time. Fortunately I had friend who were coders and they were always available to help me out.

I joined a fantasy baseball league at DEC and these guys were the one who converted USA Today stats every week into our stats. A couple of them went to work for CBS when DEC folded and they took over the IT and fantasy sports and really cranked up the development. Our league is still going after 35 years.

Just to give you an idea of what these guys can do. One wrote the Bible on Computer Accessibility that is still the Bible today and started a company that did nothing but improve computer access for the handicapped. He lives in Sharon, NH and is now retired. But still is in the league. Another guy is a Professor at Stanford and was the architect of Adobe Acrobat. The guy who literally runs the league was a founder of Sabre-metrics and lives in Phoenix.. Every other year or so we all try to get together and play golf and go to minor league games.

Believe it or not, I actually won the league championship ONCE.
Are you sure? According to this article the internet really wasn't accessible and certainly wasn't usable until 1991, but even then really wasn't very usable until 1993.

URLs were a thing since about 1986 but browsers weren't. If you were working for DEC then you may have had access to advanced things and modems were available so I'm not doubting that you may have been doing this very, very cryptically. It just seemed your timeline was off.

Last edited:

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you sure? According to this article the internet really wasn't accessible and certainly wasn't usable until 1991, but even then really wasn't very usable until 1993.
Absolutely positive. DEC sold a bunch of them to employees and customers. Then Olsen decided to stick with mid-range computers because the Apple, IBM and Tiger were not catching on at the time. You have to remember that "we" were only doing two layers of meetal on chips at the time and they weren't sub-micron. Wafer were still being etched in liquid acid baths.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

URLs were a thing since about 1986 but browsers weren't. If you were working for DEC then you may have had access to advanced things and modems were available so I'm not doubting that you may have been doing this very, very cryptically. It just seemed your timeline was off.
Everything at the time had to be typed into the top search bar. I even had to type in a 17 digit URL to connect to DEC in Hudson, Salem or Andover from my house because each site had its own system and employees had to go to each site to glean info.

Systems started to improve radically in 1990 and info was accessible by a simple login and selecting a prompt. When I got laid off in 1994 things were changing at a radical speed.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The post explained how to download the browser and suggested users begin by trying Berners-Lee’s first public Web page, at
If you wanted to access anything outside of your own computer, this is the perfect example of what was required to get where you wanted to go. How many people had a computer in their house and actually knew what and where things were? I had to type in a similar URL just to get within my own company.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The post explained how to download the browser and suggested users begin by trying Berners-Lee’s first public Web page, at
If you wanted to access anything outside of your own computer, this is the perfect example of what was required to get where you wanted to go. How many people had a computer in their house and actually knew what and where things were? I had to type in a similar URL just to get within my own company.
But this was sketched out in 1989 and didn't really get released until 1991.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My deceased wife was a computer genius. I hated computers.
When she died I reallized I needed to learn to use and had missed an opportunity to learn from her.
I am self taught. My 1st week on the computer, I hacked into Microsoft! Still don't trust computers.

Last edited:

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My deceased wife was a computer gehius. I hated computers.
When she died I reallized I needed to learn to use and had missed an opportunity to learn from her.
I am self taught. My 1st week on the computer, I hacked into Microsoft! Still don't trust computers.
They're are great for freaky P-O-R-N>>>