• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ground and Pound

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think BB deserves more credit for converting a good off season into results than the average bear.
We will see, you have to remember he also had the greatest QB ever at his disposal

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will see, you have to remember he also had the greatest QB ever at his disposal
Clearly Brady also benefited by having a team around him that supported him. But I'd agree TB made BB's life a whole lot easier.

If there's one game that really exemplifies BB vs TB, it's the Atlanta Super Bowl. TB lit a fire at the end of that game and the entire offense followed. TB did nothing wrong and absolutely everything right. He also had James White playing like 2.5 times the best version of himself. However the defense did everything right during that stretch too, and even recovered when snake bitten (that ridicules indefensible Julio J catch). Nobody on that team ever gave up.

But enough reminiscing and back to BB, last season his team was close to a playoff team if he had a QB who didn't give the game away. No crystal ball here, but Mac will be on the field soon if that repeats itself this year.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good read once you get halfway. We have talked about this alot here.

Just imagine what two top pass catching TE's to fluster defenses with run vs pass and a top run game with Harris, Stevenson and Michel would have done for an offense that also featured an absolute top end WR in J. Jones.
We will never know.
But the Pats should still be pretty damn good, depending on QB play.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just imagine what two top pass catching TE's to fluster defenses with run vs pass and a top run game with Harris, Stevenson and Michel would have done for an offense that also featured an absolute top end WR in J. Jones.
We will never know.
But the Pats should still be pretty damn good, depending on QB play.

Good for the Patriots. Not only did the Titans give up a 2nd and 4th, but they just had to restructure Ryan Tannehill to fit Jones under the cap — signaling they’re going to pay the rest of his deal. That’s unreal for a WR who barely practices, who needs constant maintenance, barely stayed on the field this year, and will be 33 by the Super Bowl.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good for the Patriots. Not only did the Titans give up a 2nd and 4th, but they just had to restructure Ryan Tannehill to fit Jones under the cap — signaling they’re going to pay the rest of his deal. That’s unreal for a WR who barely practices, who needs constant maintenance, barely stayed on the field this year, and will be 33 by the Super Bowl.
While I can understand that and agree with most of it, he is one of the best to ever play the game. One of the best ever.
771 yards in 9 "injury riddled" games projects out to almost 1400 over 16 games.
With two pass catching TE's, 3 fantastic RB's, his use and abuse would have been very light. He had to damn near carry Atlanta, which would not have been the case in a very balanced offense in NE.
Defenses would have been burned by a TE, an RB or a WR. with a pass to an RB once in a while too.
I still think our offense has enough.

If they have the QB play.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I can understand that and agree with most of it, he is one of the best to ever play the game. One of the best ever.
771 yards in 9 "injury riddled" games projects out to almost 1400 over 16 games.
With two pass catching TE's, 3 fantastic RB's, his use and abuse would have been very light. He had to damn near carry Atlanta, which would not have been the case in a very balanced offense in NE.
Defenses would have been burned by a TE, an RB or a WR. with a pass to an RB once in a while too.
I still think our offense has enough.

If they have the QB play.
The consensus outside of Titans, is thet are not getting the 2020 WR, not getting the 2018 receiver.
Atlanta was having to design plays that he could run. Defenses will be catching up to the fact that he can only run certain plays.....

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The consensus outside of Titans, is thet are not getting the 2020 WR, not getting the 2018 receiver.
Atlanta was having to design plays that he could run. Defenses will be catching up to the fact that he can only run certain plays.....
Yeah, the world said Moss was done in 2006 too.
I think that on any given play Jones will torch 90% of the DB's in the NFL and on some plays he'll torch 95% of them.
While not being the focal point of an offense those numbers probably rise to 95% and 99%.
If he is not carrying the offense, his ability to stay on the field increases, and his being on the field opens up the run game and the passing game for the TE's and RB's.
Just because Tennessee got him, does not mean other teams did not want him but could not afford him.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the world said Moss was done in 2006 too.
I think that on any given play Jones will torch 90% of the DB's in the NFL and on some plays he'll torch 95% of them.
While not being the focal point of an offense those numbers probably rise to 95% and 99%.
If he is not carrying the offense, his ability to stay on the field increases, and his being on the field opens up the run game and the passing game for the TE's and RB's.
Just because Tennessee got him, does not mean other teams did not want him but could not afford him.
There are many things in life that we want. Sometimes it's the asking price that makes one say no.
I'm the resident tightwad! Give me value or I say no!
If it works out, there offense is improved. If not, They will be cap strangled!

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm the resident tightwad!
Sorry Charlie (no offense to @cheerupcharlie), you are not the resident tightwad... You have only thrown down the gauntlet and nominated yourself as a contender....

I take the water from my humidifier and poor it into the tank of my toilet when it fills. I do the same with water I collect while waiting for the shower water to come up to temperature... I take my showers in my basement shower, so I don't leave much hot water in the pipes. I'm just warming up.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are many things in life that we want. Sometimes it's the asking price that makes one say no.
I'm the resident tightwad! Give me value or I say no!
If it works out, there offense is improved. If not, They will be cap strangled!
If not, Julio gets cut.

Alas, matters not.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In order to fit Jones under the cap the Titans had to rewrite Tannehill's contract and give him a big bonus.

If the next round of Covid comes back, the NFL will be in serious trouble. The new strain in the UK has already figured out how to bypass the most recent vaccines.