• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Greg Hardy woman beating photos emerge on Deadspin

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tip of the cap SoCal.

yes sir...idiots everywhere and Dallas has their allotment, but DG basically has one bitch here and that's Jerry. I kinda snicker knowing Danny has been pure jerry wanna-be. It's stupid for any redskin fan to stand on their high horse about jerry jones when danny would sell his left nut to accomplish what jerry has in Dallas. Fat Al is a perfect example. Everyone and their grandmother knew what fat al was and there Danny boy was 30 seconds into FA signing this clown to a contract that hadn't been seen for that position at that time. Fat Al shit all over the skins from day one and it's not an accomplishment to address it after so many instances a year or two later.

I'm singling out JJ because this is a thread about Greg Hardy and his behavior. I joined in when a poster claimed every team would have done the same. Again that's been my entire discussion here. The Redskins and their owner has nothing to do with my argument what so ever.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So to be clear, this is all about the sideline incident? Or are you claiming that Dallas should have cut Greg when the photos came out, as if that changes anything?

Again I'm saying your owner should not be going out of his way to praise the player and call him a team leader after these latest incidents. That goes double when he claimed the guy was on a short leash when they signed him. And again I don't believe other teams have done this with problem players to this level. I never said I feel he should be cut.

In my best Paul Silas voice: Jesus am I speaking Chinese here?

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm singling out JJ because this is a thread about Greg Hardy and his behavior. I joined in when a poster claimed every team would have done the same. Again that's been my entire discussion here. The Redskins and their owner has nothing to do with my argument what so ever.
Jerry...tell death do us part

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Redskins made Haynesworth take a specific test not administered to other players. This was put in place because he skipped OTAs and claimed he was working out on his own. He was clearly punished and humiliated for acting like a fool. Here's the story:

Meanwhile, some players have privately expressed concern that Coach Mike Shanahan is simply trying to make an example of Haynesworth because he skipped all but one day of Shanahan's first offseason program. One Redskins defensive player said few players are capable of passing the test only Haynesworth has been required to take because he failed to attend at least 50 percent of the Redskins' offseason workouts.

Other defensive linemen have said that while they ran the same drill as part of the offseason conditioning program, they weren't timed.

Redskins Insider - Redskins will give Haynesworth a third chance to pass physical

I have no idea why we are comparing Haynesworth with Hardy. Again the discussion is how did each organization react to bad behavior. From a football standpoint Haynesworth's behavior was clearly worse, that is obvious. But again that's not what we've been talking about. JJ said Hardy was under close scrutiny due to his past. Then he praised him even after he acted up which makes his close scrutiny comment complete bullshit. Instead of getting off track with all this Redskins talk can you please address this point? Please show me examples of other teams going back on their word and praising a problem player the way JJ has with Hardy.
No, not just Haynesworth. ANY player that didn't complete 50% of OTA's. All teams have something like this and all players in the category need to do it. The Cowboys have guys that fail it every year and take it until they pass it. No exceptions.

I didn't bring up the Redskins. I responded to YOUR comments that included them. You are all over the place.

Go back to my original comment to you. I did address the above, bolded and did so directly and clearly.

As far as other teams praising problem players, now you are in the bull shit area again. Of course it happens all the time. how often do we hear crap like how great a player has been "since he's been here?" Come on.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don't know. As I said our GM went back on his word and signed Gillette after saying only high character guys. But again you are using speculation as a basis for your argument. While my team MAY have acted similarly yours did do it. Big big difference.
Yeah. One team you like and one you don't is the biggest difference I see...:thumb:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again I'm saying your owner should not be going out of his way to praise the player and call him a team leader after these latest incidents. That goes double when he claimed the guy was on a short leash when they signed him. And again I don't believe other teams have done this with problem players to this level. I never said I feel he should be cut.

Since you keep saying that, can you PLEASE point out the comment where someone said he should????

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, not just Haynesworth. ANY player that didn't complete 50% of OTA's. All teams have something like this and all players in the category need to do it. The Cowboys have guys that fail it every year and take it until they pass it. No exceptions.

I didn't bring up the Redskins. I responded to YOUR comments that included them. You are all over the place.

Go back to my original comment to you. I did address the above, bolded and did so directly and clearly.

As far as other teams praising problem players, now you are in the bull shit area again. Of course it happens all the time. how often do we hear crap like how great a player has been "since he's been here?" Come on.

Oh totally agree that teams say how great a player has been since he's been here all the time. No argument. This applies to problem children in new environments with a new team who arrive with baggage. It also is said about players who as far as we know have not been a problem since arriving so it's easy to say. What we do know is this has not been the case with Greg Hardy, his problems have clearly continued. So you are arguing apples and oranges.

Eagles said it about TO in his first year as well, he's been a model citizen. Then when things went south they didn't praise him and call him a team leader, they cut his ass. Same thing with Keyshawn in Tampa who was traded after writing "Throw me the Damn Ball" after his rookie season which was a pretty good indicator of who he really was. Tampa said all the right things about him too until he acted like, well, MeShawn. When that happened he wasn't praised, he was shown the door.

I never claimed posters said JJ should have praised Hardy. I'm simply arguing the point that other teams do the same thing with problem players who continue to show problems after they arrived on what was supposed to be a short leash.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But those things happened over time. Not in one week. All this Hardy stuff has been in a couple of weeks and the pics are not news to the team. they knew all of this

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that's weird, did they really see the pics or just knew of them? Again fair or not it changes everything as far as public opinion. It's why Brandon Marshall is in the league and Ray Rice is not.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm trying to figure out what your issue is. So your issue is that Jerry called him a leader after the sideline incident? That's it? The owner and GM didn't publicly berate the guy, that's your problem?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that's weird, did they really see the pics or just knew of them? Again fair or not it changes everything as far as public opinion. It's why Brandon Marshall is in the league and Ray Rice is not.

That's one thing about Dallas and Jerry...public opinion doesn't affect him or the team as much. It isn't like cutting him would make people suddenly stop looking for shit to hate Dallas over.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look Jerry Jones is Jerry Jones he can be the best owner in the league or the worst all in the same 15 second sound bite.

Jerry is his own worst enemy and best friend sometimes at the same time. That pretty well sums up Jerry Jones.

Like him Love him Hate him you have to at minimum appreciate what he has done on the business side of the Dallas Cowboys. Taking a 140 million Dollar investment that when purchased was losing a Million dollars a month and turning it into a franchise worth 4 Billion!

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm trying to figure out what your issue is. So your issue is that Jerry called him a leader after the sideline incident? That's it? The owner and GM didn't publicly berate the guy, that's your problem?

Morning fordman. I thought my message has been clear and consistent throughout but I'd be happy to summarize. My problems with JJ are numerous. Many of us have a problem when he praised a player and called him a leader after these horrible pictures came out, after he berated a coach, then a teammate, then acted like a child in the interview all causing a majoir distraction if not outright team division. I also had a problem, if the report is true, that he excused away an unauthorized practice. I had a major issue with JJ doing all this after claiming the player was on a short leash and under close scrutiny due to his past.

The entire disagreement started when a poster said every other team acts this way. My position is no they do not, citing numerous examples. When the video surfaced Baltimore didn't praise, they fired. Whatever the motivation for that move the fact is they acted differently. So did the teams in the numerous other examples I have used.

I think your owner enables and excuses away bad behavior much more than the others do. If you make a controversial signing, buffering the criticism by claiming the player will be under close scrutiny, you really need to stick to your promise. Instead he did the complete opposite of what he claimed, he praiised instead of punished a player who was supposed to be under close scrutiny.

Clear enough?

Last edited:

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look Jerry Jones is Jerry Jones he can be the best owner in the league or the worst all in the same 15 second sound bite.

Jerry is his own worst enemy and best friend sometimes at the same time. That pretty well sums up Jerry Jones.

Like him Love him Hate him you have to at minimum appreciate what he has done on the business side of the Dallas Cowboys. Taking a 140 million Dollar investment that when purchased was losing a Million dollars a month and turning it into a franchise worth 4 Billion!

That's not how I look at. Daniel Snyder has done nearly as well with the Redskins and I have zero reason to appreciate the worst owner in football, maybe with Sterling gone in all of American sports.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me and my GF were super drunk one time and decided to have sex. It was a mistake as she fell off the bed and hit her forehead on the bed post on the way down. we didn't realize till the next morning that she had a bruise on her face. All of our friends joked that I beat her but I didn't think it was funny. I know how Hardy feels, he's getting a bad rap.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darrell,

It appears to me that your problems with Jerry were much broader when this all first started.

1)Nobody has ever signed with baggage like this?
2) Jerry made a move that would make Paterno proud?
3) and now these pic's come out and Jerry gives him a pass???

I will also point out that you keep accusing Jones of being an enabler.
But to make that call you would have to know all of the pubic and private conversations
the Cowboys have had with Hardy to make that call.

Your original comment:

You have got to be shitting me,. Sure teams have signed guys with baggage, happens all the time. But none with baggage like this. A video changed Ray Rice's punishment from 2 games to a life sentence but apparently these pics which clearly show worse damage changes nothing.

Now you have an owner in Dallas who not only looked the other way in a move that wouldn have made Joe Paterno proud he is totally enabling this piece of shit. He gives him a pass and made excuses when Hardy no-showed a practice, a stunt that should have resulted in a benching or suspension. He calls him a team leader after the sideline incident with the assistant coach and then acting like a complete child in the locker room interview. Now you have these pics come out and again he gives him a pass days after cutting an unproductive RB for "off the field issues". Jerry's own press release said they signed him with the understanding that the player would be under tight scrutiny. Well Jerry if you are tightly scrutinizing him why is he still on your team after these pics, pics you claim to have not seen until this week, surfaced?

If you are a Boys fan and can't see the difference between the enabling by JJ and a team signing a guy with a DWI then you have no soul.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morning fordman. I thought my message has been clear and consistent throughout but I'd be happy to summarize. My problems with JJ are numerous. Many of us have a problem when he praised a player and called him a leader after these horrible pictures came out, after he berated a coach, then a teammate, then acted like a child in the interview all causing a majoir distraction if not outright team division. I also had a problem, if the report is true, that he excused away an unauthorized practice. I had a major issue with JJ doing all this after claiming the player was on a short leash and under close scrutiny due to his past.

The entire disagreement started when a poster said every other team acts this way. My position is no they do not, citing numerous examples. When the video surfaced Baltimore didn't praise, they fired. Whatever the motivation for that move the fact is they acted differently. So did the teams in the numerous other examples I have used.

I think your owner enables and excuses away bad behavior much more than the others do. If you make a controversial signing, buffering the criticism by claiming the player will be under close scrutiny, you really need to stick to your promise. Instead he did the complete opposite of what he claimed, he praiised instead of punished a player who was supposed to be under close scrutiny.

Clear enough?

Yes, clear enough. You have an issue with Jerry calling Hardy a leader after he shoved a coach and yelled at Dez. I have completely missed Jerry calling him a leader after or because of the photos. If that exists, I'll have to see it.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not how I look at. Daniel Snyder has done nearly as well with the Redskins and I have zero reason to appreciate the worst owner in football, maybe with Sterling gone in all of American sports.

Fine, don't appreciate Danny Boy. no skin off my back. :suds: