• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Greg Hardy woman beating photos emerge on Deadspin

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For some reason this chick not testifying gives Greg a pass. I am pretty sure at least in Texas that with photos like exist, the DA can press charges with or without the chicks testimony. Maybe I'm wrong, I've never been through a hearing like that.
With the photos and her testimony from the prior trial I would think yes. But just the photos? All his lawyer has to say is someone(thing) else did it. The photos prove something happened to her, but not what or by whom...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? You have been given example after example after example. And you just don't get.

Here lets show everybody how you don't get it.

Adrian Peterson son was 4 years old when AP beat him with a stick till he was bleed.

"The beating allegedly resulted in numerous injuries to the child, including cuts and bruises to the child’s back, buttocks, ankles, legs and scrotum, along with defensive wounds to the child’s hands."

Peterson texted his wife about the beating:

“Got him in nuts once I noticed"

View attachment 50996

View attachment 50997

View attachment 50999

View attachment 51000
View attachment 51001

So what did the owner do?

Send the GM and coach to go begging AP to come back. Look there is the GM giving AP a big ol hug.

View attachment 51002

They could have done nothing, tell AP if you want to come back ..come back. If you don't, you don't
They could have done anything ...but to go to his house and beg?

And you think nobody is worse than Jerry?

Your team is not special.

It sells it's soul to get good players just like the rest of the teams do.
Disgusting. Regardless of where someone stands on the issue of "disciplining" a child I hope everyone can see this was abuse

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hardy is a high profile problem child, but the truth is, if you look hard enough you can dig up dirt for most any team. Everyone has or had their problem players with a iffy pass.

Not sure why Jerry is being so public about supporting a rental player, seems like a bad move, better to keep a low profile and let others mouth the usual about second chances and such.
Because Jerry doesn't see him as a "rental player". He's setting it up for the extension.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In North Carolina you can have a bench trial. The Judge rules alone. The Judge did and found Hardy guilty. But in North Carolina you can appeal and automatically get a second trial, a jury trial.

What kind of system is that? ...everybody gets 2 trials?

It's a cost cutting thing. It takes forever to get a jury seated and there are so many of these cases the backlog would be incredible. The courts bank on the average person not being able to afford the 2nd trial and accepting the judges ruling.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again we all agree most all teams sign questionable players. That is not the issue here. The fact is Jones not only signed the player he enabled him over and over as I and others have pointed out. When posters trot out Haynesworth and other examp!es it shows they still don't understand what we are debating The issue is not the signing it's how the organization treated the player when he continued to misbehave.

In the Redskins case they made the fat turd go through a week of embarrassing endurance tests before he was allowed to join the team, then they suspended the clown when he continued to be a problem.
In Hardy's case if JJ praises the player and calls him a team leader after his poor behavior continued. After the signing he preened that the player will be under close scrutiny and then throws that all out the window when the player continues to be a problem. In one instance poor behavior was punished, in the other it was not only unpunished the player was actually praised.

If you can't see the difference you aren't worth debating with.

And If you can't see the difference you aren't worth debating with

Point 1: not the same situation at all. Every player needs to pass some type of physical test. If Hardy couldn't pass it he'd be doing he same thing. So would Romo.

Point 2: Haynesworth refused to play the scheme the way the coaches wanted him to. He was a problem between the lines as well as outside of them. Hardy is a time bomb and seems to be a pretty shitty person. But, I don't think he has refused to do what is asked of him even if he isn't happy about it. I can guarantee you Marinelli would yank him if he did...

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again we all agree most all teams sign questionable players. That is not the issue here. The fact is Jones not only signed the player he enabled him over and over as I and others have pointed out. When posters trot out Haynesworth and other examp!es it shows they still don't understand what we are debating The issue is not the signing it's how the organization treated the player when he continued to misbehave.

In the Redskins case they made the fat turd go through a week of embarrassing endurance tests before he was allowed to join the team, then they suspended the clown when he continued to be a problem. In Hardy's case if JJ praises the player and calls him a team leader after his poor behavior continued. After the signing he preened that the player will be under close scrutiny and then throws that all out the window when the player continues to be a problem. In one instance poor behavior was punished, in the other it was not only unpunished the player was actually praised.

If you can't see the difference you aren't worth debating with.

So your issues are with Dallas not publicly stating what, if any, punishment has taken place?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a cost cutting thing. It takes forever to get a jury seated and there are so many of these cases the backlog would be incredible. The courts bank on the average person not being able to afford the 2nd trial and accepting the judges ruling.
And MOST IMPORTANTLY the conviction rate would be pretty low. You can barely get a conviction nowadays without DNA even if you have an eyewitness. How often is a jury going to convict based on pictures? And to be honest shame on them if they do. Someone needs to provide evidence that the accused is at least rightly accused. Could you imagine if you were innocent and the Cops threw a charge like that at you based on pictures?

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And MOST IMPORTANTLY the conviction rate would be pretty low. You can barely get a conviction nowadays without DNA even if you have an eyewitness. How often is a jury going to convict based on pictures? And to be honest shame on them if they do. Someone needs to provide evidence that the accused is at least rightly accused. Could you imagine if you were innocent and the Cops threw a charge like that at you based on pictures?

Most juries aren't going to convict without a victim and the DA's know this.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And If you can't see the difference you aren't worth debating with

Point 1: not the same situation at all. Every player needs to pass some type of physical test. If Hardy couldn't pass it he'd be doing he same thing. So would Romo.

Point 2: Haynesworth refused to play the scheme the way the coaches wanted him to. He was a problem between the lines as well as outside of them. Hardy is a time bomb and seems to be a pretty shitty person. But, I don't think he has refused to do what is asked of him even if he isn't happy about it. I can guarantee you Marinelli would yank him if he did...

The Redskins made Haynesworth take a specific test not administered to other players. This was put in place because he skipped OTAs and claimed he was working out on his own. He was clearly punished and humiliated for acting like a fool. Here's the story:

Meanwhile, some players have privately expressed concern that Coach Mike Shanahan is simply trying to make an example of Haynesworth because he skipped all but one day of Shanahan's first offseason program. One Redskins defensive player said few players are capable of passing the test only Haynesworth has been required to take because he failed to attend at least 50 percent of the Redskins' offseason workouts.

Other defensive linemen have said that while they ran the same drill as part of the offseason conditioning program, they weren't timed.

Redskins Insider - Redskins will give Haynesworth a third chance to pass physical

I have no idea why we are comparing Haynesworth with Hardy. Again the discussion is how did each organization react to bad behavior. From a football standpoint Haynesworth's behavior was clearly worse, that is obvious. But again that's not what we've been talking about. JJ said Hardy was under close scrutiny due to his past. Then he praised him even after he acted up which makes his close scrutiny comment complete bullshit. Instead of getting off track with all this Redskins talk can you please address this point? Please show me examples of other teams going back on their word and praising a problem player the way JJ has with Hardy.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Redskins made Haynesworth take a specific test not administered to other players. This was put in place because he skipped OTAs and claimed he was working out on his own. He was clearly punished and humiliated for acting like a fool. Here's the story:

Meanwhile, some players have privately expressed concern that Coach Mike Shanahan is simply trying to make an example of Haynesworth because he skipped all but one day of Shanahan's first offseason program. One Redskins defensive player said few players are capable of passing the test only Haynesworth has been required to take because he failed to attend at least 50 percent of the Redskins' offseason workouts.

Other defensive linemen have said that while they ran the same drill as part of the offseason conditioning program, they weren't timed.

Redskins Insider - Redskins will give Haynesworth a third chance to pass physical

I have no idea why we are comparing Haynesworth with Hardy. Again the discussion is how did each organization react to bad behavior. From a football standpoint Haynesworth's behavior was clearly worse, that is obvious. But again JJ said Hardy was under close scrutiny. Then he praised him even after he acted up which makes his close scrutiny comment complete bullshit. Instead of getting off track with all this Redskins talk can you please address this point?

I agree, and I never compared Hardy and Fat Albert. I compared Hardy and Gallete.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, and I never compared Hardy and Fat Albert. I compared Hardy and Gallete.

Yes you did. I'm fighting a few different battles here. But again the difference is my team didn't praise a bad guy when they said he was on a short leash, yours did. That is my entire argument. Other teams do not act as yours did.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not flattering myself stating a known fact. YES...very much envious of a team that hasn't won dick in two decades and those two decades being the darkest in this teams storied history... YET it's still far better than Washington's last 20 years and it's not even close.

you are a poster child for Washington fan's and their spins when the topic is Dallas. Last place in the east is just that, and your teams have broken records. The benchmark for Redskin football has been the Dallas Cowboys for over 45 years. We don't have a "Washington Week"....your pathetic seasons center on "Dallas Week"

You shoulda just left it at being in the DC water. Washington football fans remain the worst and you've done nothing here but solidify the point.

First of all - I hope all is well.

Secondly - really? I know that the Redskins have idiot fans but so do all fan bases. And please don't base the assumed take of most Redskins fans on a forum like this one. This type of forum mainly represents the opinions of over-the-top fans - not most everyday fans.

Most Redskins fans that I know - myself included - are realistic & have been conditioned to be that way based on the team's performance over the recent past. We don't believe that the Redskins are currently a good team nor particularly care for the owner (although he has behaved well recently).

We know that the team is rebuilding & have a lot of faith that the new GM will move this team in the rt direction over the next several years. No more fat Al signings, Zorn or Spurrier coaching hires, RG3 blockbuster trades, etc, etc. Eventually this should turn out for the better.

As for rivals - sure we dislike the Cowboys. However - we also dislike the Eagles & many other teams. I mainly focus on whatever team the Skins play in a given week. I would also never be one of these idiots who would be happy for the team to be 2-14 as long as the victories are against Dallas. Oh well - HTTR

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tip of the cap SoCal.

yes sir...idiots everywhere and Dallas has their allotment, but DG basically has one bitch here and that's Jerry. I kinda snicker knowing Danny has been pure jerry wanna-be. It's stupid for any redskin fan to stand on their high horse about jerry jones when danny would sell his left nut to accomplish what jerry has in Dallas. Fat Al is a perfect example. Everyone and their grandmother knew what fat al was and there Danny boy was 30 seconds into FA signing this clown to a contract that hadn't been seen for that position at that time. Fat Al shit all over the skins from day one and it's not an accomplishment to address it after so many instances a year or two later.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes you did. I'm fighting a few different battles here. But again the difference is my team didn't praise a bad guy when they said he was on a short leash, yours did. That is my entire argument. Other teams do not act as yours did.
Well so far in this season what player makes the bigger difference for his team? Do you not think that if the team felt Gallete was the difference in a playoff push they wouldn't say anything and everything to massage his ego.
I will admit the season is almost over for the Cowboys but if healthy they are a SB contender, besides massaging his ego may be the difference in him signing again in 2016. Jerry wants a ring, and I think he wants it soon before Romo hangs it up. Jerry is in win now mode not 5 years down the road.
Besides most owners are asses, in one way or another.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all - I hope all is well.

Secondly - really? I know that the Redskins have idiot fans but so do all fan bases. And please don't base the assumed take of most Redskins fans on a forum like this one. This type of forum mainly represents the opinions of over-the-top fans - not most everyday fans.

Most Redskins fans that I know - myself included - are realistic & have been conditioned to be that way based on the team's performance over the recent past. We don't believe that the Redskins are currently a good team nor particularly care for the owner (although he has behaved well recently).

We know that the team is rebuilding & have a lot of faith that the new GM will move this team in the rt direction over the next several years. No more fat Al signings, Zorn or Spurrier coaching hires, RG3 blockbuster trades, etc, etc. Eventually this should turn out for the better.

As for rivals - sure we dislike the Cowboys. However - we also dislike the Eagles & many other teams. I mainly focus on whatever team the Skins play in a given week. I would also never be one of these idiots who would be happy for the team to be 2-14 as long as the victories are against Dallas. Oh well - HTTR

Did you just call me Over the Top? Why I oughta knock you out, I'm as sane as a postman.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well so far in this season what player makes the bigger difference for his team? Do you not think that if the team felt Gallete was the difference in a playoff push they wouldn't say anything and everything to massage his ego.
I will admit the season is almost over for the Cowboys but if healthy they are a SB contender, besides massaging his ego may be the difference in him signing again in 2016. Jerry wants a ring, and I think he wants it soon before Romo hangs it up. Jerry is in win now mode not 5 years down the road.
Besides most owners are asses, in one way or another.

I honestly don't know. As I said our GM went back on his word and signed Gillette after saying only high character guys. But again you are using speculation as a basis for your argument. While my team MAY have acted similarly yours did do it. Big big difference.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Your team hasn't had to do anything because Gallete hasn't seen the field or been on camera. Easy to not have to discipline a knuckle-head when he isn't even around.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just can't see any team taking the moral high ground on an issue like this. The NFL, the justice system and the fans have all enabled players with issues to be in the league. No one is free of blame.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don't know. As I said our GM went back on his word and signed Gillette after saying only high character guys. But again you are using speculation as a basis for your argument. While my team MAY have acted similarly yours did do it. Big big difference.

So to be clear, this is all about the sideline incident? Or are you claiming that Dallas should have cut Greg when the photos came out, as if that changes anything?