• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Greg Hardy to Dallas ?

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not so sure I'm happy signing a guy who needs HELP signing his name.

reminded me of that player for the Redskins who graduated from LSU and after his career was over he admitted he did not know how to read or write

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a fan of this, not in the slightest. Yeah, we have had lowlifes on the team before. Doesn't mean we need to be bringing them in now. I don't like Brent on the team and I sure as hell don't like Hardy.

AP isn't happening either. He costs to much to get and too much contract wise. Rather draft a RB and see what DMac has.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
reminded me of that player for the Redskins who graduated from LSU and after his career was over he admitted he did not know how to read or write

Dexter Manley??? But he didn't go to LSU

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys do the research and draw your own conclusions its all out there on the web.
Greg Hardy is no angel he is also not convicted of a domestic violence Crime per the legal system and the way it works
Domestic violence is a very sharp 2 edged sword that can swing either way depending on the circumstances and I don't say that lightly. All it takes is a person with an agenda to get your life twisted beyond anything you ever imagined. Research the info and draw your own conclusions.

My research says that it boils down to a he said she said incident. Your conclusion may vary but research before you say it was exactly like reported in the media.

lots of unanswered questions

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know Colors. He was found guilty by a judge. Opted for a jury trial as an appeal. In the meantime he came to a civil agreement (payoff) and then she stopped cooperating. Sound like he is innocent to you? I'm going with he already missed a full year and will likely be suspended for a few more games and since the league will let him play we might as well sign him due to his abilities on the football field and the type of contract we signed him on. Plus it doesn't sound like she was completely innocent on the matter either.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if he were innocent and the league made him sit out the entire year, his lawyers would have sued the NFL for all it's worth. Listening to some of the things said about this guy all the way back to high school makes you wince. Great move on the field, off the field, he's a turd

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know Colors. He was found guilty by a judge. Opted for a jury trial as an appeal. In the meantime he came to a civil agreement (payoff) and then she stopped cooperating. Sound like he is innocent to you? I'm going with he already missed a full year and will likely be suspended for a few more games and since the league will let him play we might as well sign him due to his abilities on the football field and the type of contract we signed him on. Plus it doesn't sound like she was completely innocent on the matter either.

No evidence of a civil agreement
Prosecution allegation not facts in evidence

Discrepancy in testimony between the night of alleged event and district court testimony so bad the prosecution wont vouch for her to proceed without her

NC law is different you have to go through District court per state law first before you can ask for a Jury trial
took 10 hours to convince the district judge he was guilty and the defense cant cross examine a witness

sounds like he said she said to me

Did something happen Yes however the facts are not in alignment for either side

its murky water either way except for the Legal part Hardy legally did nothing per state Law when the DA refused to move forward with the case and dismissed it

Not defending him just pointing out legal issues

He is no angel but he has not been convicted of anything per NC State law

Last edited:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A player like Hardy is a moral dilemma for NFL fans. The guy is a stud on the field. A game changer, the type of player you wish for. Yet he supposedly did something that is repulsive. It's like selling your soul to the devil in order to win a SuperBowl. I'm right there with everyone saying...well there is two sides to ever problem, we don't really know and after all he wasn't convicted. Yet read the 911 report and say you really believe he didn't do a assault that came close to considering muder. Kudos for not snapping completely and killing her. So your left with wanting this stud of a player who may be all the difference to the team you cherish, yet wanting to sign on to a one way ticket to hell for him.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys do the research and draw your own conclusions its all out there on the web.
Greg Hardy is no angel he is also not convicted of a domestic violence Crime per the legal system and the way it works
Domestic violence is a very sharp 2 edged sword that can swing either way depending on the circumstances and I don't say that lightly. All it takes is a person with an agenda to get your life twisted beyond anything you ever imagined. Research the info and draw your own conclusions.

My research says that it boils down to a he said she said incident. Your conclusion may vary but research before you say it was exactly like reported in the media.

lots of unanswered questions

That's very true. However, I have a feeling there is going to be a lot of info come out as the NFL gets its hands on the casefile.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A player like Hardy is a moral dilemma for NFL fans. The guy is a stud on the field. A game changer, the type of player you wish for. Yet he supposedly did something that is repulsive. It's like selling your soul to the devil in order to win a SuperBowl. I'm right there with everyone saying...well there is two sides to ever problem, we don't really know and after all he wasn't convicted. Yet read the 911 report and say you really believe he didn't do a assault that came close to considering muder. Kudos for not snapping completely and killing her. So your left with wanting this stud of a player who may be all the difference to the team you cherish, yet wanting to sign on to a one way ticket to hell for him.

The weird thing is that all the bad press about the team signing the player usually goes away after like a week or two of the season. Yes, we still remember what the player did (Vick) but the criticism of the team that signs him mostly goes away...and to be honest, the criticism of the player decreases a lot as well. I find it insane that people all over the NFL aren't totally appalled at how AP is acting now. Most guys pretend to be contrite even if they aren't. He's just acting like an entitled piece of shit and trying to pretend like Minnesota did something wrong. You just know the guy is a total A-Hole. He deserves whatever happens to him.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hardy did something bad in that apartment. I have no doubt about that. But some people out there want to take this big short cut and lay all the blame right at the Cowboys feet. And they do that because it's easy

The question they don't want to ask is how was he in a position to sign a contract.

The prosecution had this case, ...no blame for them?
He went before a judge and was found guilty, but the system says he can have another jury trail.

And you never want to put any blame on the victim but why was she avoiding the prosecution for months?
They went to great lengths to try to track her down and she eluded them every time. Instead posting pics of herself skiing in Colorado, at the mall in Atlanta, and in Grand Central. Is that the behavior of true victim seeking justice?

Was there any NFL rule that prevented the Cowboys from signing Hardy? No.

Like I said, blaming the Cowboys is easy. People like easy.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The kind of stuff u wish your team avoided:gaah:

Nothing in Life is Black or White or Brown.

Even skin color can change with a traumatic event like a Major Burn

Bottom line were all the same on the inside and it takes patience and persistence to learn the difference :suds:

I hope the Cowboys are right

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hardy did something bad in that apartment. I have no doubt about that. But some people out there want to take this big short cut and lay all the blame right at the Cowboys feet. And they do that because it's easy

The question they don't want to ask is how was he in a position to sign a contract.

He went before a judge and was found guilty, but the system says he can have another jury trail.

And you never want to put any blame on the victim but why was she avoiding the prosecution for months?
They went to great lengths to try to track her down and she eluded them every time. Instead posting pics of herself skiing in Colorado, at the mall in Atlanta, and in Grand Central. Is that the behavior of true victim seeking justice?

Exactly although some will day she was spending her "bought off money"

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think the Cowbpys are getting too much blame at all, well no blame, but not as much criticism as I expected. I thought it was going to be much worse.

The prosecution didn't hit her and the system didn't hit her. A big pet peeve of mine is blaming others for our actions. He needs to be held accountable. In this instance, by accountable I'm not referring to jail time or suspension or anything like that, I'm referring to blame. Whatever you believe happened was his fault, or at least partially his fault.

As far as the NFL goes he will be held accountable BEFORE he ever steps on the field as a Cowboy. He sat out most of last year, I know it was with pay, but it cost him a lot of money because he would be getting a $30M signing bonus If this didn't happen, so there was a financial penalty and he likely will be suspended for the start of this year too. Knowing what was likely to happen, maybe he should have asked them to suspend him last year and get it over with. I guess he had $13M reasons not to do that.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The prosecution didn't hit her and the system didn't hit her. A big pet peeve of mine is blaming others for our actions. He needs to be held accountable. In this instance, by accountable I'm not referring to jail time or suspension or anything like that, I'm referring to blame. Whatever you believe happened was his fault, or at least partially his fault.

Jarntt,

Nowhere did I even hint that Hardy is not responsible for his actions. I'm not even giving him the benefit of the doubt of what happened in that apartment. Her testimony is too specific for it to bee all bullshit. I say 75% is true hands down.

My comments are directed solely at those who are singling out the Cowboys for signing Hardy and committing some moral crime. Hardy goes through the entire system we have in place for his crime and now he is in a position to go back to work and he receives a check from his new employer.

So for those who are criticizing the Cowboys for giving him a check, how can the system not be blamed for him being in a position to receive a check.