• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Greatest concerns after Week 2?

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless Latimer steps up soon and I do like Norwood and some of our depth guys but I am starting to think WR is going to be a possible draft need.

RB is a concern too if Anderson can't stay healthy. Not sure it is a draft need, don't wanna over pay for one in FA. Maybe a 4th rd value pick.

See how that goes, still a lot of season left.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Latimer is still the biggest mystery of the season - he is in the dog house - I not sure his play answers in full for the his current status on the team. I keep saying he should be perfect for what the Broncos want to do.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point with 5 other WR's (Fowler and Caldwell on special teams and Latimer not) why bother suiting Latimer up? I think id suit McCray up over him if you aren''t gonna get him on the field.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Latimore is certainly a mystery at this point. It's like all of a sudden he fell of the edge of the world. Speaking of Hilman... the guy has always had the quickness but now he's got the vision and by bulking up some is showing surprising power that he lacked before. He really has focused and trained hard in last yr and you can tell he wants that starting role. Very impressed with his dedication and maturity these days. CJ looks hurt and indecisive out there. Hopefully he gets healthy and turns his game around shortly or it's going to be the Hilman and Thompson show soon.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CJ looks like Ball did last year where he wasn't 100% but still tried to play but it only hurt us.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anderson definitely is not 100%. He was hurt during training camp but kept practicing. I wish he would have sat out but I think he knew his job as the starter was being threatened with how well Hillman has been playing. Then his injury in the first game to his toe definitely did not help one bit. Lombardi said he saw the toe in the locker room after the first game and almost threw up when he saw it. So it is definitely not good. Hopefully this time off here for a few days a lot of these guys can get healed up as I do know we were pretty banged up coming into this game. That is what surprised me honestly to see such fight is knowing these guys were no where near 100% but they fought their hearts out in this one.

Obviously OL has to be the biggest concern moving forward. We knew it would take a bit though so to me after the Bye week how they do against Green Bay will be a good showing of what we can expect of whether this is a unit that can help us to stay a very balanced offense that teams have to game plan for everything or one that could be why we lose in the playoffs once again.

primetime714

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The OL and really only the OL. People are talking about Manning and the new offense. I think there's definitely a lack of comfort going behind center, but I think it has more to do with not having more than a second to throw and always anticipating the rush (not his best throws). This OL right now is sooooo bad. One of the worst I've ever seen. Hopefully they grow/gel quickly, but wow oh wow are they bad.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This concerns me

Peyton-Duck.png

Reactions: LGM

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really - I'm not concerned about this team - things are falling into place - the players are having fun and are hungry for victory.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm in the Mingo camp. Which aside from sounding dirty, means I don't really have any concerns for this team this season at this point.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're welcome in my camp Los Grande - just bring your own sleeping bag.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The OL and really only the OL. People are talking about Manning and the new offense. I think there's definitely a lack of comfort going behind center, but I think it has more to do with not having more than a second to throw and always anticipating the rush (not his best throws). This OL right now is sooooo bad. One of the worst I've ever seen. Hopefully they grow/gel quickly, but wow oh wow are they bad.
PrimeTime sighting! Glad you found your way over here PT. Please post more often!

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Primetime in the house - good to see you

DownSetHutch

d-_-b
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have concerns about Peyton's arm and his ability to stay healthy all season. He's 39, and sometimes athletes' physical abilities fall off a cliff. That's not necessarily the case with him, but it's a concern. His accuracy and zip on the ball have not been what they used to be.

Those issues could be a function of his injuries (last year), and all of the changes to the system and O-line, the fact that it's only Week 2, and the short rest for a Thursday Night Football game. I hope so, but we'll see as the season progresses.

The O-line is a concern too, but a have a good feeling about them. I think they will continue to get better and better throughout the season.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking the o-line is the crux of the majority of problems with Manning. His arm looked pretty good on two of the long passes he threw (one was broken up the other Sanders should have caught and held on). The one to Sanders dropped in perfectly. The one to DT was just a small touch off, and is still caught if Peters doesn't break it up.

Reactions: LGM

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking the o-line is the crux of the majority of problems with Manning. His arm looked pretty good on two of the long passes he threw (one was broken up the other Sanders should have caught and held on). The one to Sanders dropped in perfectly. The one to DT was just a small touch off, and is still caught if Peters doesn't break it up.

I agree with this. Even in past seasons, if Manning is getting hit a lot he looks awful. I think people are seeing what they want to see in his decline. I say let Manning play Manning ball going forward and sneak some runs in there to help keep the team balanced.

I just don't think the offensive line is there yet and it is showing in the run game and pass game.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So glad you found this forum ..

DownSetHutch

d-_-b
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Many people in the media are definitely over-hyping Manning's decline - at least on the radio when I'm driving to and from work. It seems like some of the idiots on ESPN TV are too. Maybe they are part of the Brady jock-sniffing/Manning-hating crew. Idk. However, a lot of his passes haven't had the zip or accuracy that they used to. For example, he threw a sideline pass to one of the TEs on the right side (can't remember who), and it seemed like it took 3 seconds to get there. I thought for sure it was going to get picked off. Fortunately, the defender didn't react.

As for the offensive game plan r0k, for now Manning should be doing whatever he is comfortable with to win games now, but the run game needs to become more and more of a priority as the season progresses, for balance and to keep Peyton's arm from falling off. If we go into another playoffs without a strong running game, or at least good balance, it will be another disappointing post-season.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Great to see you posting here PT !