• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Greatest concerns after Week 2?

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First has to be the offensive line, right? Stands to reason that the o-line, which has faced two pretty solid defensive fronts, would get off to a slow start given all the personnel shuffling and inexperience of Sambrailo and Paradis. I'm certainly concerned that our run game has been so ineffective and the pass protection so spotty.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense with pressure all game and creating big time turnovers does take pressure off the offense which is needed so far this year. Ware looks like he is 10 years younger I only wonder if he will be playing this well at the end of the year. T.J. Ward looked out of position a few times and a little slow but was his first game of the year and expect him to get better. How about those special teams compared to what we saw in preseason? McManus has been money from long range. For the offense Manning has to hit some of these deep throws that he is just missing. The o line right now is a mess but with a long week now hopefully they can get it together. C.J. Anderson just doesn't look healthy so this time off will help because Denver must have a running game going into the playoffs. The offense as well looked better in the shotgun but Manning will have to get better under center so PA can be used more often. Manning has to work on his passes and setting his feet on bootlegs as well. Any time you can get a big win on the road on a short week in K.C. and still have many issues that need to be cleaned up just shows how this teams attitude is nothing like it was under Fox, J.D.R. and Gase. Go Broncos!!!

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect the coaches will use these 10 days to reevaulate the Manning offense. It was a short week this time and now the coaches will take the lost week and readjust. This team could be great if the offense gets it's crap together for 4 quarters

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we need to go back to what works for Peyton while he is here, not what works for Kubes.

That can come after the Manning era.

Manning clearly is more comfortable out of the gun calling his plays.

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gotta admit, when Kubes put Manning back in his comfort zone towards the end of the 1st half, he sure looked a lot more comfortable back in the gun.

Still some of his passes were still fluttering, so not sure what that's all about.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we need to go back to what works for Peyton while he is here, not what works for Kubes.

That can come after the Manning era.

Manning clearly is more comfortable out of the gun calling his plays.

I think you are probably right. Even that, however, however won't be sustainable if we don't get the run game going. The o-line certainly needs to get much better, but there are reason think that it could.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Run game is my greatest concern.. Peyton still concerns me but I feel a bit better after the 2nd half last week. I think we are basically at the point where we will see the good and bad of Peyton this year. Which is still better then most QB's in this league.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of which are we basically gonna have to decide between Trevathan and BMarsh long term? I hate to say it and i don't want to think about it now, but I sorta wonder if Trevathan walks after this year and BMarsh gets a new deal. Might be hard to keep both. Hope I am wrong, and don't want to think about it as I want to enjoy what we have now. :)

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of which are we basically gonna have to decide between Trevathan and BMarsh long term? I hate to say it and i don't want to think about it now, but I sorta wonder if Trevathan walks after this year and BMarsh gets a new deal. Might be hard to keep both. Hope I am wrong, and don't want to think about it as I want to enjoy what we have now. :)
Definitely Marshall. He has become the heartbeat of this D. It isn't even close imo.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like the team really likes Todd Davis too. Wonder if he is our plan. I like how he flows to the ball but I not sold on him yet. Has a ways to go. Needs to shed blocks better.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the O-line needs to keep improving game by game and I`am sure they will. Not very impressed with Mathis at this point. Got totally blow out on 2 plays I saw that resulted in Manning sacks. Not great improvement over Garcia to me at this point. Hopefully he is just still getting his legs under him and with long wk he can build on that and get more acclimated to his fellow pals on the line.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evan Mathis needs to stop looking like Shelly Smith (either teh Bronco or the ESPN anchor)

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be surprised to see Hillman take the number one RB job - soon - CJ for some reason can't get to the 2nd level of the defense -while Hillman can.

The Oline is a concern, but if you didn't think the Broncos were going to have Oline coordination troubles early on - you haven't been paying attention much. I think by mid-season these guys will jell into a top 10 Oline in the league. You can see - great plays made by Paradis - and Sambrailo, but no consistency. Mathis has been - frankly terrible, but he had no training camp - and no time with his teammates.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure CJ is healthy right now- Could be wrong.

I think for now we are gonna see a little of both. Hillman looks better right now without a doubt. Seems weird to say that.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My greatest concern: will Kubiak allow Manning to be Manning? In the offseason Kubes said he would tailor his offense around Manning, and that its a coaches dream to have a qb like that. Well Kubes, time to abort that mission. Peyton can not do boot legs. Peyton looks God awful from under C. The o line is in disarray. Let Manning do his thing.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My greatest concern: will Kubiak allow Manning to be Manning? In the offseason Kubes said he would tailor his offense around Manning, and that its a coaches dream to have a qb like that. Well Kubes, time to abort that mission. Peyton can not do boot legs. Peyton looks God awful from under C. The o line is in disarray. Let Manning do his thing.

I think we saw some pretty strong evidence last night that Kubiak is prepared to do that.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be surprised to see Hillman take the number one RB job - soon - CJ for some reason can't get to the 2nd level of the defense -while Hillman can.

The Oline is a concern, but if you didn't think the Broncos were going to have Oline coordination troubles early on - you haven't been paying attention much. I think by mid-season these guys will jell into a top 10 Oline in the league. You can see - great plays made by Paradis - and Sambrailo, but no consistency. Mathis has been - frankly terrible, but he had no training camp - and no time with his teammates.

Hillman can make the first guy in the backfield miss and get to the 2nd level but can't make anyone miss after that. CJ can't get to the 2nd level unless the Oline blocks but can make something happen once he gets there. I think the schedule is setting up great for the team to continue to gel on the Oline while still winning games. Coming out of the bye the team will be what it will be.

Feels like 2012 only with a better D and that D was top 5 only our S is making game chaning plys and not giving up game changing plays. I'm looking at you Rahim the Dream

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with Chris - nice comments CEH