• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Greatest comeback, or biggest choke job...................

hmmmm

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The game had a good measure of both things. No doubt in my mind that the result could have been different if the Falcons had planned better for the scenario that played out. It seems they did not have a solid answer for the way the game unfolded.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a little bit of both. It was a great come back they scored on every drive they needed to win and its a Choke because well they were in FG range to ice the game and it was bad play calling. Same can be said for both 3rd and 1's. Should of ran the ball more to run the clock down.

It was a great comeback and one of the biggest choke jobs of all time.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who cares if it was a choke job or a great comeback? A win is a win.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who cares if it was a choke job or a great comeback? A win is a win.

Me depending on how I'm feeling and who I'm talking to....

I could go either way with a Falcons fan. But I'm still reluctant to let them off the hook with "choke"....

Talking to a Pats fan it's just a great win.....

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way.
In a world where people have to point a finger and cast blame. The blame falls squarely on Freeman, otherwise the Falcons go up 23 and celebrate their first championship while the o-coordinator is the toast of the town.
You have to account for how the pressure was growing. Just lost a yard on a run. Atlanta had two big passes that drive. "IF" that FG gets blocked, bad snap or missed they give TB12 a short field against a gassed D.
I'm not saying it was the right choice to pass but you know the above was running thru Quinn and Shanny's mind.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to account for how the pressure was growing. Just lost a yard on a run. Atlanta had two big passes that drive. "IF" that FG gets blocked, bad snap or missed they give TB12 a short field against a gassed D.
I'm not saying it was the right choice to pass but you know the above was running thru Quinn and Shanny's mind.
Atlanta was playing to their strengths and with execution, they win the game.
Simple as that.

I said the super bowl would boil down to which team executed best and it did.
60 minute game and the better team won

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When are you going to get this?

Gee you must have been really giddy at about 9:30 last Sunday.
So coaching means nothing? You are a complete tool if you believe that. If coaches call horrible plays or don't manage the clock it sometimes doesn't matter how well the players perform as they were set up for disaster. Why does your buddy Ken understand this but you can't?

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So coaching means nothing? You are a complete tool if you believe that. If coaches call horrible plays or don't manage the clock it sometimes doesn't matter how well the players perform as they were set up for disaster. Why does your buddy Ken understand this but you can't?

Please quote me where I said coaching and play calling wasn't important.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They could have kneeled down twice and it would have been smarter but when killing clock and in FG range it's a no brainer. They didn't need a TD. 40 yarder in a dome the chances are pretty good if not at least you tried to win it.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please quote me where I said coaching and play calling wasn't important.
You highlighted players need to perform in my previous post after I was suggesting that the coaches blew it. You can't blame a player for a loss if the play call is ridiculous under the situation. That was my point.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You highlighted players need to perform in my previous post after I was suggesting that the coaches blew it. You can't blame a player for a loss if the play call is ridiculous under the situation. That was my point.

Unless you're an over-rated MVP chump who takes a sack.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When BB went for it on 4-2 against Indy way back and lost the game was that on the players? Of course not he risked it and it failed and was dumb being on his own 28....

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless you're an over-rated MVP chump who takes a sack.
You'll never get it move on....even if they succeeded on the play it was a moronic call.....

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'll never get it move on....even if they succeeded on the play it was a moronic call.....

Move on?! Lol! I'm happy as can be, you're the one still crying a week later.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When BB went for it on 4-2 against Indy way back and lost the game was that on the players? Of course not he risked it and it failed and was dumb being on his own 28....

To be fair, the defense sucked balls and the only way they held the lead there was if they got another first down, because they couldn't stop Manning all day long....

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Move on?! Lol! I'm happy as can be, you're the one still crying a week later.
Who's crying? Just talking football your the one who can't get over the fact that Atlanta had your team by the balls and opened up the door only because of stupidity. Your team would have lost if they coached this properly. At the same time be proud that they hung in there long enough for Quinn to F it up. I'm just a realist not in some sort of fantasy world like yourself....

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, the defense sucked balls and the only way they held the lead there was if they got another first down, because they couldn't stop Manning all day long....
I could live with that call more than Quinns....he was already in FG range to win BB wasn't in that situation.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're crying.

....but last Sunday at 9:30 you were dreaming about all the Brady bashing you were gonna do at the Hoop on Monday. :pound:

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're crying.

....but last Sunday at 9:30 you were dreaming about all the Brady bashing you were gonna do at the Hoop on Monday. :pound:
When my team is out I usually pick a team that hasn't won or if I lay a bet. Either way I'm a fan of the game call it as I see it not a brady nutsucker like you. When game was over I nailed my wife...all in all a great night! Just because the season is over doesn't mean you can't discuss the game or offseason I enjoy it. Fact remains that coaches blew it for Atlanta feel bad for the team as they had it.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just a realist not in some sort of fantasy world like yourself....
You're not a realist. You have said 1000 times the lose was all coaching, which isn't true.
I'm no patriot fan but any football fan should see the coaching decisions Atlanta made were just part of the story, Freeman's lack of picking up Hightower was another part, and the Patriots play in the 4th QTR. was a bigger part of the outcome. You clearly have a sore ass from all the losses to NE over the years. You remind me of 90% of the redskin hoop fans.