• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Great draft pick Seattle

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiz, I get what you're saying. I'm not denying that it gets tougher. But it's damn near impossible to win without the QB. Question, are you suggesting that the Hawks should give him a contract that would keep his cap hit at or under 11% year in year out?

I very much doubt that they can do that though. Right now it is looking like he will be getting closer to top dollar for the position. There is getting a hometown discount but the idea of keeping him at 11% of the Cap is just crazy talk. We are talking about close to $10 million a year less than what he most likely should be getting paid. That is getting close to a 40% discount. Hometown discounts are closer to like 10% compared to what another team would have to pay. Even the most generous of players not named Tom Brady wouldn't do that.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even the most generous of players not named Tom Brady wouldn't do that.

Huh? Is there a generous player named Tom Brady???

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huh? Is there a generous player named Tom Brady???

Well I would say the fact that most consider him a top-5 quarterback in the league and the 5th highest paid QB is making something like $20 million this next season while Tom Brady is around $11 million I would say that is him being pretty generous. That is pretty much like being able to have Tom Brady and McCourty for the price of Drew Brees. Not bad. It does help he has a ridiculously rich wife who actually makes more than him by a long shot.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The question I think that is top in most fans minds at this point is the disconnect between Schneider's 'thorough' investigation comment and what subjectively might appear to be an incomplete investigation.

It's up to the individual to believe him or not.
Well certainley none of us can tell the future. So he could become a model citizen or he could be the next A Hernandez or ray Rice (let's pray that's not the case).

So as fans what we're left with is speculation and who do you believe? Non Hawk fans are probably weighing their opinions on the victim, witnesses, police reports... They are probably questioning Schneider saying they spoke with everyone involved yet reports are contradicting who the FO spoke with. Finally I for one would question this signing when JS adamantly stated in 2012 that if you put hands on a women you will not play in Seattle. I commended him for that statement.

On the flip side a majority of Hawk fans are propbaly wieghing their thoughts on JS and company did their due dillegence. They are taking the players word along with any information about his character like his former DC gave in an interview I believe it was yesterday?

One thing for certain no matter how this turns out let's just hope there are no more victims (if there was indeed a victim at all)? I'll hold judgement because I knwo I can't predict the future.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I would say the fact that most consider him a top-5 quarterback in the league and the 5th highest paid QB is making something like $20 million this next season while Tom Brady is around $11 million I would say that is him being pretty generous. That is pretty much like being able to have Tom Brady and McCourty for the price of Drew Brees. Not bad. It does help he has a ridiculously rich wife who actually makes more than him by a long shot.

It is in Tom Brady's best financial interest for the New England Patriots to continue being as relevant as they are. It's very good business on his part.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is in Tom Brady's best financial interest for the New England Patriots to continue being as relevant as they are. It's very good business on his part.

I don't completely disagree in that endorsement deals show up a plenty for those who stay relevant but at this point in his career he has done enough to have every company wanting him whether the Patriots are relevant or not.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hush your mouth. She just retired they're on a fixed income.

Seriously TB/Pats/Pat fans has been very fortunate that he has been able to work his contract into an organization friendly deal on multiple occassions. Going back to the other thread of a balanced team with quality depth.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This threads still going goody!!!

The new question that came from this all. WHAT should teams do in back ground checks.... Seattles being blasted for not talking to the alleged victim..... Are we at a point where people so distrust the police that seattle talking with and reading the police report of the incedent isn't good enough? Do you really expect them to call up alleged victims, and do you really expect alleged victims to be honest? If anyone has an axe to grind it would be a jilted lover, potentially who was assaulted. Im just saying, its the polices/prosecutors job to figure all that out.....
The police report is pretty damning, so I don't know where you're going with that. They had to reach further than that to feel okay with their pick, questioning why some key people were apparently left out of their interviews isn't unreasonable.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The police report is pretty damning, so I don't know where you're going with that. They had to reach further than that to feel okay with their pick, questioning why some key people were apparently left out of their interviews isn't unreasonable.

Obvoiusly they did,,, and the DA did too since he plead it to what disorderly conduct??? My main question is why do people think seattle would call up the ex girlfriend and what do you think that would accomplish.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obvoiusly they did,,, and the DA did too since he plead it to what disorderly conduct??? My main question is why do people think seattle would call up the ex girlfriend and what do you think that would accomplish.

Well it helps give them another piece of the puzzle to seeing the whole picture. Just like talking to the prosecuting attorney they have information that we are not always as the public able to know. Just like talking to his DC while yes the guy gave a glowing review on the radio would he say the same things in private? I mean what does he have to gain by saying on live radio that the player is trouble? Too many times teams have been burned by not getting all the information. Just look at the NFL and how they handled the Ray Rice situation...Either they saw the video and chose to ignore it until it became public or they were too lazy to go get all the info they did and ended up having egg on their face either way.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are no set guidelines to follow. It's up to each and every team. Jerry Jones doesn't give a rat's ass. He looks at it as opportunities to grab players he wouldn't normally be able to get. Most teams had Clark completely off their boards. Seattle grabbed him with their first pick. It is what it is. John Schneider just needs to own it though. He looks pretty darn hypocritical right now.

Per the bolded....
Objection! Speculation unless you or anyone else can name those teams.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you not see the pictures of her face or do you find his statement "she fell" to be overly compelling?
Nice selective reading/quoting there.

I said if you listen to what the prosecutor that investigated that case this is what conclusion she came to. Given that you personally did not have access to interview both people who were in that room along with the police statements and witness accounts I'm not sure how you feel more qualified than she is to come to a different conclusion.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per the bolded....
Objection! Speculation unless you or anyone else can name those teams.

Well unless the media types lied to us (which is possible but not usually with something like this) they were the ones during the draft saying many teams had taken him off their board just like many took Gregory off of theirs. It is a proven fact that some teams are more willing to take chances on players with spotty backgrounds while other teams just drop those kind of players off their board. Seattle and Dallas have shown to be two teams that are more than willing to take on risky picks for the opportunity at value.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiz, I get what you're saying. I'm not denying that it gets tougher. But it's damn near impossible to win without the QB. Question, are you suggesting that the Hawks should give him a contract that would keep his cap hit at or under 11% year in year out?
No, I started by answering Harold about the question of where our run goes from here and simply said Wilson's contract will go a long way to determining if this run will be over.

The fact that the negotiations are slow doesn't automatically mean either Wilson is really trying to break the bank nor that the team will give that to him.

I'm not suggesting anything about either side of that process. I'm only talking about what the results will be. If it is a team friendly contract it will leave them more money for other players that could help get them back to the SB. If it is a more flacco or Romo type of contract it most certainly will lead to other players leaving to get the money not available here and could lead to them not making future SB's even in years where they are not injury plagued.

I'm not concerned with the particulars of his deal, only the probable results.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well unless the media types lied to us (which is possible but not usually with something like this) they were the ones during the draft saying many teams had taken him off their board just like many took Gregory off of theirs. It is a proven fact that some teams are more willing to take chances on players with spotty backgrounds while other teams just drop those kind of players off their board. Seattle and Dallas have shown to be two teams that are more than willing to take on risky picks for the opportunity at value.

Then it is speculation.
It is so easy...A unnamed GM said to me in private that most NFL teams have removed FC from their draft board based upon recent history.
There. I wrote it, put it on the inet, so it must be true.

I'm not saying it is not true. In today's journalism, creating instead of validating is the norm.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then it is speculation.
It is so easy...A unnamed GM said to me in private that most NFL teams have removed FC from their draft board based upon recent history.
There. I wrote it, put it on the inet, so it must be true.

I'm not saying it is not true. In today's journalism, creating instead of validating is the norm.

Not arguing that but at this point it would be impossible to prove either way. No team is going to show their board as that stuff is about as protected as can be. The best we can get is unnamed sources because if they were named they would be fired from that organization. Now for me there are certain media guys that I trust a little more because they have shown a record in other areas of being proven right and not reporting just nonsense to get clicks. There were some of them saying this so to me I trust it. What difference does it really make though whether some teams took him off their boards or not? Obviously Seattle had him ranked very high and that is all that really matters. Every team sees these prospects through different eyes. Some see a ridiculously talented guy where others see a guy with off the field issues that trump what he can bring on the field.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Misinformation during the draft process is the norm, not the exception. Teams intentionally leak out shit that isn't true as part of the game they play with each other. If you really thought Clark was at least worth an early 3rd pick why wouldn't you tell people he was off your chart "off the record" if it had any chance of helping to ensure he might still be there by then?

All anyone can say is he wasn't valued higher than the picks taken by the teams ahead of that selection.

Again, I'm not going to finish forming my opinion one way or the other until I've heard from the team and Clark. Unlike most up here, I'm just not into jumping to conclusions based on very limited information. Police reports are wrong all the time. Witness accounts are only worth so much. That's why to me the most compelling thing I've read so far is what the prosecutor said about it and how she came to her conclusions. She had a lot more access to the big picture than we do. Still, that alone isn't everything either. I want to hear from the team and from Clark.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Misinformation during the draft process is the norm, not the exception. Teams intentionally leak out shit that isn't true as part of the game they play with each other. If you really thought Clark was at least worth an early 3rd pick why wouldn't you tell people he was off your chart "off the record" if it had any chance of helping to ensure he might still be there by then?

All anyone can say is he wasn't valued higher than the picks taken by the teams ahead of that selection.

Again, I'm not going to finish forming my opinion one way or the other until I've heard from the team and Clark. Unlike most up here, I'm just not into jumping to conclusions based on very limited information. Police reports are wrong all the time. Witness accounts are only worth so much. That's why to me the most compelling thing I've read so far is what the prosecutor said about it and how she came to her conclusions. She had a lot more access to the big picture than we do. Still, that alone isn't everything either. I want to hear from the team and from Clark.

I agree. I'm saying in the end it doesn't matter either way as Seattle had him highly prioritized. Maybe some teams did take him off their boards and that wouldn't surprise me. There are some teams in this league that just won't take players with off the field issues before they get into the NFL. Others are willing to bank on the talent. Heck my team is one that has taken plenty of guys with off the field issues. We drafted Von Miller after he failed a drug test, we gook Roby last year after he got a DUI, and obviously this year with Shane Ray. Now it wouldn't surprise me if some teams wouldn't have touched these guys as they are a risk. I would bet there were teams that took guys like Ray or Clark off their boards. They are a very high risk player that the league will be watching with a magnifying glass.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"After Clark completed a 25-week “Healthy Relationship and Prevention of Domestic Abuse” program at the Ann Arbor Community Center, Gast-King agreed to reduce his charges. The program involved weekly meetings and check-ins with counselors three times per week.

She said it’s a typical deal for first-time offenders."

Prosecutor: Seahawks draft pick is not a batterer | The Seattle Times

Any other questions about the reduced charges???

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"After Clark completed a 25-week “Healthy Relationship and Prevention of Domestic Abuse” program at the Ann Arbor Community Center, Gast-King agreed to reduce his charges. The program involved weekly meetings and check-ins with counselors three times per week.

She said it’s a typical deal for first-time offenders."

Prosecutor: Seahawks draft pick is not a batterer | The Seattle Times

Any other questions about the reduced charges???

Gast-King also spoke with Hurt, who was 20 at the time of the incident, and her mother. But the prosecutor declined to disclose details of their conversation, saying it was confidential. “The facts were not as they initially appeared,” she said.

If you want to quote an article, quote all of the pertinent parts, not just the parts you want to lead some preconceived notion of yours.

What we do know is what that prosecutor first thought after reading the very same police report and witness accounts that you are firmly hung up on is bolded above. She will not say whether or not he threw a punch. I've read that his girlfriend threw things at him and that this incident was a two way altercation. What actually happened in that room I don't know. And again I'm not going to rush to judge until all of the available information is vetted.

You are of course free to jump to whatever ill informed opinion you care to.