• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Great draft pick Seattle

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you want to quote an article, quote all of the pertinent parts, not just the parts you want to lead some preconceived notion of yours.

What we do know is what that prosecutor first thought after reading the very same police report and witness accounts that you are firmly hung up on is bolded above. She will not say whether or not he threw a punch. I've read that his girlfriend threw things at him and that this incident was a two way altercation. What actually happened in that room I don't know. And again I'm not going to rush to judge until all of the available information is vetted.

You are of course free to jump to whatever ill informed opinion you care to.

There won't be any more information. He received his reduced charges like everyone else and that's the end of it. Seattle didn't break any rules by drafting the guy. Why would anything need to be "vetted"? He obviously hit her. Any reasonable person can see that clear as day. I'm not sure who you are trying to fool (unless it's yourself). I don't care of you don't give two shits about who your team drafts. I also don't care if you don't give two shits about your GM being a hypocrite. Just man up and own it. The "I'm not going to rush to judge" nonsense is lame.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There won't be any more information. He received his reduced charges like everyone else and that's the end of it. Seattle didn't break any rules by drafting the guy. Why would anything need to be "vetted"? He obviously hit her. Any reasonable person can see that clear as day. I'm not sure who you are trying to fool (unless it's yourself). I don't care of you don't give two shits about who your team drafts. I also don't care if you don't give two shits about your GM being a hypocrite. Just man up and own it. The "I'm not going to rush to judge" nonsense is lame.
So my saying I haven't come to a conclusion yet is just trying to cover up something? :L

I hadn't even heard of Frank Clark until Friday, just like everyone else. And I haven't spent any time reading through pages of reports. I've only read/seen a little of what the main media has put out on it. Why would I take that and form some definite opinion? That's kind of stupid.

There is no more information to come out? Are you really this dumb? Both Clark and RS most certainly can/should/will speak on the matter since it has become front and center. That's information man. When they said they spoke to everyone then by all means tell us who since people are saying you never spoke to them. Clear up what you mean or own up to not actually doing what you said. Either way, it isn't a done deal yet.

I don't know how you can say he obviously hit her, but when a female prosecutor comes out and says the things she did it raises the question quite clearly. Loudly. Something happened between the two. She ended up with injuries. And according to the prosecutor what actually lead to those is far different than what the witnesses and police report actually lead you to first believe. She said that.

When you have that female prosecutor say this person isn't a batterer and isn't likely to have this happen again and then tells you the facts are far different than what the police report and witnesses say, it speaks volumes. Whatever actually did happen isn't like the Hardy or Rice situations. At all.

Again, stay hung up on the parts that prosecutor already said isn't true all you like. Most people form quick opinions and stick with it despite the evidence. It's part of our culture. Wouldn't expect any different from you.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So my saying I haven't come to a conclusion yet is just trying to cover up something? :L

I hadn't even heard of Frank Clark until Friday, just like everyone else. And I haven't spent any time reading through pages of reports. I've only read/seen a little of what the main media has put out on it. Why would I take that and form some definite opinion? That's kind of stupid.

There is no more information to come out? Are you really this dumb? Both Clark and RS most certainly can/should/will speak on the matter since it has become front and center. That's information man. When they said they spoke to everyone then by all means tell us who since people are saying you never spoke to them. Clear up what you mean or own up to not actually doing what you said. Either way, it isn't a done deal yet.

I don't know how you can say he obviously hit her, but when a female prosecutor comes out and says the things she did it raises the question quite clearly. Loudly. Something happened between the two. She ended up with injuries. And according to the prosecutor what actually lead to those is far different than what the witnesses and police report actually lead you to first believe. She said that.

When you have that female prosecutor say this person isn't a batterer and isn't likely to have this happen again and then tells you the facts are far different than what the police report and witnesses say, it speaks volumes. Whatever actually did happen isn't like the Hardy or Rice situations. At all.

Again, stay hung up on the parts that prosecutor already said isn't true all you like. Most people form quick opinions and stick with it despite the evidence. It's part of our culture. Wouldn't expect any different from you.

You are a very devoted Seahawks fan. Good for you!

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So my saying I'm going to wait to decide how I feel automatically means what? :noidea:

All I want is to hear what the team and player have to say.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So my saying I'm going to wait to decide how I feel automatically means what? :noidea:

All I want is to hear what the team and player have to say.

Yes, Clark should really clear the situation up. I can't wait for his forthright comments.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, we should ignore what everyone involved says and instead only pay attention to a police report and witness statements that the prosecutor for that case has already says doesn't tell the story.

Two can play your game.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, Clark should really clear the situation up. I can't wait for his forthright comments.
Hey, why the bitching?
Have some balls and say he should not be allowed to play in the NFL. Right now you are just whining.

The prosecutor's job is to prosecute up to the level of the law. It is common knowledge that the prosecutor and defense lawyer will bargain to avoid the time and expense of a trial. Yet, the prosecutor will strive for a max punishment depending on the information at hand.

This happened shortly after the Ray Rice fiasco. There is a heightened awareness as there should be. The prosecutor said he is not a woman beater. Her mother also joins that side. 2 women that are directly involved including the "victim" and none of them claim that he is what you think he is.

Find another unjust to champion.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I started by answering Harold about the question of where our run goes from here and simply said Wilson's contract will go a long way to determining if this run will be over.

The fact that the negotiations are slow doesn't automatically mean either Wilson is really trying to break the bank nor that the team will give that to him.

I'm not suggesting anything about either side of that process. I'm only talking about what the results will be. If it is a team friendly contract it will leave them more money for other players that could help get them back to the SB. If it is a more flacco or Romo type of contract it most certainly will lead to other players leaving to get the money not available here and could lead to them not making future SB's even in years where they are not injury plagued.

I'm not concerned with the particulars of his deal, only the probable results.

I guess it depends on what your expectations are of "this run". If they are to win more games than anyone else and make the SB 66% of the time, then yeah, you're in for a disappointment. If it's to remain a top 5-8 team for the next decade because there are enough foundational pieces that can be reasonably kept around Wilson within the framework of the cap, that's not too much to ask for.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prosecutor: I dont believe Frank Clark punched or slapped girlfriend | The Seattle Times

Prosecutor said:
From what I gathered, I do not believe he punched her, slapped her, anything like that. Was there physical things going on between them? Yeah, there was, But I don’t think he punched her.

Waiting for things to come out often ends up being the smart move. This situation may have happened some time ago, but with all the media frenzy over it now there is bound to be things coming out that weren't available before. And I intend on waiting before I pass any kind of judgement on this young man or the situation he was in with Diamond.

Do I think he did anything wrong? Sure. Most likely. At the very least he probably used a bit too much force in pushing her back or trying to control her while she was raging on him. But there is a big difference in causing harm to someone while dealing with someone attacking you and say, Greg Hardy who beat the shit out of someone and made threats to their life. These situations are not all created equally.

For the record, I thought Ray Rice did deserve some suspension, but surely doesn't deserve to never play in the NFL again given how he handled things after that bad night. And I don't think Hardy should be in the league because of how bad his crime was and how likely he is to do it again.

Clark probably made some sort of mistake in handling that situation, but if he presents himself as humble and remorseful I can see myself willing to give him a second chance. If he seems more like a thug trying to get away with something I won't support him one bit. Either way if he ever even has a minor situation with a woman again he's dead to me. Same with Rice. If you can learn from your mistakes and become a better man then who am I to cast stones?

More from that new article:
“As someone who watched the Ray Rice situation in horror, I don’t think this is what you’re going to see from Frank Clark,” Gast-King said. “ … I don’t think he’s a danger to this particular lady or to other women. And I hope I’m not wrong.”

But Gast-King repeatedly declined Tuesday to divulge what Hurt told her “in confidence” about the incident.

“I feel like this thing is taking on a life of its own,” Gast-King said Wednesday. “I don’t want to betray Diamond, but at the same time I want to respect her. I know people are calling her, and that’s not her. She doesn’t want the spotlight. She’s a private person.”

Gast-King reiterated that the police investigation and witness statements were thorough and credible. But they provided only part of the story, and Hurt filled in the gaps, she said.

“It’s not like (Hurt) recanted or anything, either,” Gast-King said. “She was very forthright about what happened. She relayed how things happened, and how out-of-control things got and how frightened everyone was, including her brothers. I mean, Mr. Clark is a big man. “

Gast-King noted none of the witnesses saw “the entire ordeal.”

“There were a lot of assumptions made based on a pretty nasty scene,” she said.

Gast-King said she can’t elaborate without betraying Hurt.

After reading a story in The Times on Wednesday that included information from a hotel clerk and two guests about what they saw, Gast-King also said she wanted witnesses to know she didn’t “just brush them aside.”

“Part of why Mr. Clark had to get such extensive treatment was because of their statements, which demonstrated to me that, yeah, this was a big deal and things got way out of control,” she said.

“As a prosecutor, I want to be perceptive to the fact that domestic violence is a very serious issue that needs to be dealt with,” Gast-King added Wednesday. “But I also am perceptive to the fact that two people can have an altercation that is not domestic violence. Every case you have to look at the whole case.”

Of course haters are going to hate and ignore the things that don't mesh with their preconceived conclusions so I don't expect you or those who greatly dislike the Seahawks to read or care about these other views of that incident.