• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Graveman Traded

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watch if somehow this team slide into one of the WC spot to only be eliminated by the Astros with Graveman closing it out each of their losses. Baseball do have a way of writing these kind of things.

Or, he gets Covid again and we get to face Montero with the playoffs on the line.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or, he gets Covid again and we get to face Montero with the playoffs on the line.
Or, it could even be Toro walking off against Graveman. The point being is this is a unique and weird trade in the middle of a series, in a pennant race, with a division rival. Too soon to say how this will play out yet as there’ll be more coming for the M’s, but it is clear that the Astros gets better with Graveman. Their BP is atrocious!

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anyone is shocked by him being traded, but the return is questionable. I guess they didn't want to get stuck with the remainder of Montero's contract.
Yea I mean Toto hasn’t done a lot in the bigs, but has put up crazy numbers in the minors, if he can put it together and become a good hitter this deal is worth it imo. If not then uh yikes

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I mean Toto hasn’t done a lot in the bigs, but has put up crazy numbers in the minors, if he can put it together and become a good hitter this deal is worth it imo. If not then uh yikes
I guess I am so jaded by IF when it comes to Mariners prospects. I agree with you and hope you are right and he hits, but like one reporter just wrote; I don't know the Astros to be a team who gives away stud hitters (paraphrasing).

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is going to be playing second, at least according to Shannon Drayer that is where he was taking infield.
Ya the article I posted right above mentions him being talented glove at 3B/2B/1B. Says he is 3B by trade, but plays the others well also.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure Graveman was great, but don't let recency bias cloud the fact that the goal of this team is to build a team that competes for years to come, not just a flash in the pan season, hoping one of the worst hitting lineups and a rotation with 4 starting pitchers can make a miracle happen.

Leverage a closer who's a FA in months when you can. Plus Paul Sewald has been as good as Graveman.
What bias though. How does this help the goal of the team for the future? Graveman helps the team now, Toro does not have a role as anything other than a utility player in the plan. He isn’t going to surpass White/France. He isn’t above Marte (who will end up at 3B).

If this is all he could get for Graveman then Jerry should’ve said pass. This move completely smells like Jerry didn’t want to admit he made a mistake with Montero because he flipped him.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya the article I posted right above mentions him being talented glove at 3B/2B/1B. Says he is 3B by trade, but plays the others well also.
Well they have Kyle Seager. Trading your best bullpen arm for a backup 3B, as I just posted, who doesn’t have a ceiling of a starter is just dumb and there is something other motive. Either Graveman and Covid or because Jerry’s ego wouldn’t let Montero sucking be on him.

Let’s just go hypotheticals here. Let’s just play this out. 2022 they let Toro play 3B. In 2022 Marte is going to be their number 1 prospect because Hancock and Julio will be on the Mariners next year. There is no god damn room for him unless it is at 2B.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well they have Kyle Seager. Trading your best bullpen arm for a backup 3B, as I just posted, who doesn’t have a ceiling of a starter is just dumb and there is something other motive. Either Graveman and Covid or because Jerry’s ego wouldn’t let Montero sucking be on him.

Let’s just go hypotheticals here. Let’s just play this out. 2022 they let Toro play 3B. In 2022 Marte is going to be their number 1 prospect because Hancock and Julio will be on the Mariners next year. There is no god damn room for him unless it is at 2B.
I am not defending the deal in any way. Not even if it leads to further deals like Dip says. I have no problem dealing Graveman. I just thought he was worth more.

Now I do had out a little hope that Toro has a higher ceiling than we are all giving him credit for. Maybe not, but if he can smash by next season then I can live with it.

Msfann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You would think Graveman would be happy to be out of baseball's version of hell and onto a team that always has a good chance at the world series. He was probably sad and then started laughing and did a cartwheel across the field to the astros clubhouse.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not defending the deal in any way. Not even if it leads to further deals like Dip says. I have no problem dealing Graveman. I just thought he was worth more.

Now I do had out a little hope that Toro has a higher ceiling than we are all giving him credit for. Maybe not, but if he can smash by next season then I can live with it.
Unless Kyle Seager is involved how does this deal set up another one. Maybe Dylan Moore, maybe Torrens gets dealt no idea but I think it foolish to say one deal sets up another unless there is a 3 way trade or a trade that sets up a deal that X team won’t trade within their division. But, the Mariners just gave their division rivals their best arm. Is the next big move with the A’s and they didn’t want the Astros to get player X? It makes no sense.

I am not hating on the deal, this is my first reaction. But you of all people know I have defended this process that Jerry has done even though I am not a fan of Jerry. And this move makes literally no sense for now or the future.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You would think Graveman would be happy to be out of baseball's version of hell and onto a team that always has a good chance at the world series. He was probably sad and then started laughing and did a cartwheel across the field to the astros clubhouse.
He is really a all-in guy and really bought into the M's because they gave him a chance. I feel bad for him, but he may come to appreciate it.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but it’s like leaving your wife for a hotter wife…but you got teenagers with your wife.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How fucking awkward for him.... less than 24 hours ago he was part of one of the best games for a lot of these guys now he's in the visitor's locker room, visitor's bullpen, and visitor's dugout... all looking across his former teammates. A trade like this does have a lot of emotional attachment and you can definitely see it in his interview.