• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Grantland making the case the ravens will regain the throne in the toughest division

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I finally read the article. What a load of crap via pretzel twisting logic.

This part drove a stake in ur heart I see and I know u didn't make it past this part before you threw ur coffee mug. lol...

Grantland---
It’s fair to say the AFC North was the NFL’s best division in 2014. The North was the only division to send three of its four teams to the playoffs, which was just the sixth time that’s occurred under the current divisional format, which started in 2002. It went 26-13-1 in games outside the division, a .663 mark that was not just the best in the league, but the third-best from any season over that 13-year span.1"

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This part drove a stake in ur heart I see and I know u didn't make it past this part before you threw ur coffee mug. lol...

Grantland---
It’s fair to say the AFC North was the NFL’s best division in 2014. The North was the only division to send three of its four teams to the playoffs, which was just the sixth time that’s occurred under the current divisional format, which started in 2002. It went 26-13-1 in games outside the division, a .663 mark that was not just the best in the league, but the third-best from any season over that 13-year span.1"

Not in the least. In fact that portion means completely nothing to the upcoming season.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course not. lol...

It doesn't, that is a fact. Teams change players, teams face different schedules, etc.

The article was a lot of work to prove absolutely nothing.

One thing it did prove to me, is why I don't read Grantland.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing it did prove to me, is why I don't read Grantland.

Bill Barnwell is one of the best football writers in the business.

As for the AFC North, they played both the AFC South and NFC South last season, which were easily the worst divisions in football. If they can come close to replicating that performance while playing the NFC West and AFC West this year, then I would agree with that claim.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill Barnwell is one of the best football writers in the business, imho.

As for the AFC North, they played both the AFC South and NFC South last season, which were easily the worst divisions in football. If they can come close to replicating that performance while playing the NFC West and AFC West this year, then I would agree with that claim.

Fixed it for you. You're welcome.

And he may be, but that article wasn't very well done, as you helped to note in your second sentence.

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The smallest

And he may be, but that article wasn't very well done, as you helped to note in your second sentence.

^Didn't mention the Patriots.

Feels slighted ...smh

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

His comment was accurate as far as it went. The AFC North did have the best record in the NFL last year. They did have 3 playoff teams. They did have 3 teams with double digit wins.

It's not exactly a stretch to claim they were the best division in football last year.

The article was pretty exhaustive in its detail. You seem to be dismissing it purely because you don't like the conclusions.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His comment was accurate as far as it went. The AFC North did have the best record in the NFL last year. They did have 3 playoff teams. They did have 3 teams with double digit wins.

It's not exactly a stretch to claim they were the best division in football last year.

The article was pretty exhaustive in its detail. You seem to be dismissing it purely because you don't like the conclusions.

No I'm dismissing it because it was a huge pretzel twist to trying and justify the claim.

This coming season looks to be one where there will be a larger than usual group of teams trying to grab the limited WC spots, parrity. Which is what the league wants, which is good for football in general.

The AFC East could see 3 teams make it just as the AFC North could. The difference in teams and divisions isn't as great as some seem to think.

It's going to be a particularly fun season to watch, imho.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I'm dismissing it because it was a huge pretzel twist to trying and justify the claim.

This coming season looks to be one where there will be a larger than usual group of teams trying to grab the limited WC spots, parrity. Which is what the league wants, which is good for football in general.

The AFC East could see 3 teams make it just as the AFC North could. The difference in teams and divisions isn't as great as some seem to think.

It's going to be a particularly fun season to watch, imho.

What pretzel logic? He said that the AFC North was the best division in football last year. He didn't say it was the best this year. He didn't say it was going to have 3 playoff teams.

He also said that he felt that both the Bengals and Steelers may regress this year relative to the Ravens.

Seems like this boils down to exactly what Tgann said. You feel this is some sort of weird slight towards your beloved Patriots.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What pretzel logic? He said that the AFC North was the best division in football last year. He didn't say it was the best this year. He didn't say it was going to have 3 playoff teams.

He also said that he felt that both the Bengals and Steelers may regress this year relative to the Ravens.

Seems like this boils down to exactly what Tgann said. You feel this is some sort of weird slight towards your beloved Patriots.

Nope, it works over time to try and make the Ravens into a better team than they are, which is middle of the pack.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Grantland---
And they all had a nice comfy couch to sit on and WATCH the rest of the playoffs. Good for them. You would think all thst competition would've helped getting them a little further? Not so much:hurt:

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, it works over time to try and make the Ravens into a better team than they are, which is middle of the pack.

So it boils down to you and your quite biased view of the Ravens thinks that Barnwell is wrong that the Ravens will win their division? Color me shocked.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it boils down to you and your quite biased view of the Ravens thinks that Barnwell is wrong that the Ravens will win their division? Color me shocked.

So Barwell proclaims it and we are supposed to just accept it as gospil?

I think the Steelers will win the North again. And keep in mind my dislike for them is greater than my dislike for the Ravens.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Barwell proclaims it and we are supposed to just accept it as gospil?

I think the Steelers will win the North again. And keep in mind I dislike for them is greater than my dislike for the Ravens.

Nope. It's just an article making a prediction. I responded to you because you felt the need to suggest that the article was trash not worth reading simply because of his conclusions.