• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Graham to Seattle.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unger is very good. He's just not very available. Still need to try to replace him though, but I guess in a way the team has been taking interviews for that job for a couple years now.

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holee shit

Can't have a thread to discuss football without this childish catfighting

was going to comment on the trade but I am sure someone will have their delicate sensibilities upset to fuck it

only person that will be upset is GnG, unless you think this was bad for Seattle...
I believe the Saints got the best of this trade...
Jimmy Graham considering surgery on shoulder problem news

Lol nice site you pulled that from, everybody knows news.nom.co is the place for nfl news

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
only person that will be upset is GnG, unless you think this was bad for Seattle...
I'm not the least bit upset that the Seahawks got the worst of this trade.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I wonder why all the stories and headlines are "Graham Traded to Seattle" when it really should be about how the Saints landed Unger.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I wonder why all the stories and headlines are "Graham Traded to Seattle" when it really should be about how the Saints landed Unger.
And a #1 draft pick.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good moves for both teams.

I actually like this deal for the Saints the more I think about it
You will like Max as long as he plays. Great guy and easy to cheer for. Very capable.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah, that's right.... the coveted #31 at that!

It's amazing how everyone but you is missing this.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quit feeding the troll, guys. He's not worth arguing with.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unger is hurt much more often than Graham is. Graham is also a much better TE than Max is a C. The Saints were able to plug a leak on a sinking ship while the Seahawks just made a 2 time SB team better.

Maybe its because Unger played for Seattle and on non-artificial turf in a tough atmosphere? He will probably be more healthy with the saints because Brees gets rid of the ball quicker and that makes it easy for Unger. And the saints are going to be better on defense next year where Brees will not be throwing all the time because he won't feel the need to.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe its because Unger played for Seattle and on non-artificial turf in a tough atmosphere? He will probably be more healthy with the saints because Brees gets rid of the ball quicker and that makes it easy for Unger. And the saints are going to be better on defense next year where Brees will not be throwing all the time because he won't feel the need to.

The turf Seattle has on the field is really good though... Very player safe... It feel's like real grass.. It's also padded nicely so it doesn't hurt when hitting the ground... I got to play some ball at the clink years back and was beyond impressed how good that field is to play football on...

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

that's fine dude and disagreeing is exactly why there is sports radio and sport message boards, but you bring zero to the table so all you do is piss people off.. hence the troll moniker that follows you around.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me there's no winner in the trade. And to many analysts/independent sites the trade is pretty mutual.

Saints need inside protection for a non-mobile QB and need to continue building through the draft.

Seattle needs targets for Wilson so teams stop stacking the box or basically manning their *yawn* receivers.

Seattle needs the 1st less than the Saints do as they are pretty much the same team next year without *crosses fingers* all the injuries and another year of experience for a young team. Seattle also potentially has 3 4th round picks this year and has a loaded middle draft tier which they have traditionally been good at drafting.

Decent/Good centers/guards/runningbacks can all be found in rounds 2-4 and Seattle has shown they can address secondary here. Cary Williams if he shuts his damn mouth is easily talent wise a replacement for Maxwell.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have been on the field at both venues. 2004 at the Superdome just before Ivan came in.
1 knuckle at best in the Superdome's astro turf.
2 knuckles at best at The Clink's Field Turf.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me there's no winner in the trade. And to many analysts/independent sites the trade is pretty mutual.

Saints need inside protection for a non-mobile QB and need to continue building through the draft.

Seattle needs targets for Wilson so teams stop stacking the box or basically manning their *yawn* receivers.

Seattle needs the 1st less than the Saints do as they are pretty much the same team next year without *crosses fingers* all the injuries and another year of experience for a young team. Seattle also potentially has 3 4th round picks this year and has a loaded middle draft tier which they have traditionally been good at drafting.

Decent/Good centers/guards/runningbacks can all be found in rounds 2-4 and Seattle has shown they can address secondary here. Cary Williams if he shuts his damn mouth is easily talent wise a replacement for Maxwell.

If both players remain healthy, both teams win.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If both players remain healthy, both teams win.

Exactly. It's honestly a B+ to A- grade for BOTH teams.

That's very rare IMO. Either the trade just doesn't matter or one team gets a clear trade win. Both Seattle/New Orleans profit from this in that the players traded benefit the team needs moreso at this point. New Orleans needs O-Line interior help desperately because Brees has 1-2 years left and can't be under pressure up the middle. Seattle has a mobile QB and has quite a bit of depth at center due to all the injuries. Seattle needs someone that can spread the field who's not a complete headcase (see Harvin).

Graham is a bit of a 'me' guy, but he's nowhere near Harvin. It will be interesting with Graham practicing against the LOB though. Seattle has terrorized him defensively in the past. I bet Sherman will lead the secondary though in showing respect for Graham's abilities and squashing the whole thing as, "We were opponents man! Now we're teammates!" and improve Graham. Kam seems pretty down to Earth as well.

LOB might really help Graham.. I think Graham has been pretty humbled in the past by the LOB so maybe he'll swallow his pride and try to learn something from the LOB. If Graham stays healthy, swallows some pride, and gets some practice against Kam/Wright... could be scary.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a moderate risk, high reward scenario for the Hawks.

Graham is one of the Top 3 TEs of the game. He's a beast in the red zone and especially during jump ball situations. He's a proven commodity. It's hard enough for defensive coordinators to game plan for Wilson, Lynch, and all the read-option scenarios. Now your going to have Graham lining up out there daring you to double team him at the same time. He provides a weapon that Wilson has never had since starting for this team.

Max Unger is a field general when healthy. The run game numbers increase when he's out there vs not.

And I say "when healthy" because his health is a concern. He's missed 13 games over the past two seasons due to feet and ankle issues that are becoming chronic. He's also turning 29 next month. Max was well liked and will be missed. But you don't need a 1st to find centers who can start in the NFL . You can find them in rounds 2-3 or later. It's also a very deep draft for the type of Oline needs the Seahawks have.

This trade has its risks, but I think if it works out, it's a game changer for the Seahawks offense. It was a shocker nobody saw coming, but I love this move examing it tonight in detail.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe its because Unger played for Seattle and on non-artificial turf in a tough atmosphere?

Both his injuries happened in road games last year so thats not really relevant even if it were a factor. Point is he has only play 16 games twice in his six year career and missed 13 games in the last two years. I loved what he did when he was on the field but it unfortunately wasnt a lot.

WB1214

Hoopla Cash
$ 802.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just glad to see him out of the NFC South