• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Grade Your Team’s Draft

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  • Round 1 (22nd overall): Andre Dillard. - Fantastic value since he was top 10 pick on many boards
  • Round 2 (53rd overall): Miles Sanders. - Miles was under valued on a lot of boards.
  • Round 2 (57th overall): JJ Arcega-Whiteside.- Some had him graded 1st round
  • Round 4 (138th overall): Shareef Miller.- Project and a reach
  • Round 5 (167th overall via New England): Clayton Thorson - Great Value
Overall I would go B-, I thought they did pretty good with filling positions that needed a serious youth change that could start within a year with the small amount of picks they had this year.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
]2:46 - Greedy Williams - CB - this was pure gold. Apparently all these teams passed on him bc of his tackling was below average. Well that’s what you have linebackers and DL for. You dont find too many CB’s with this athleticism, speed and cover skills. Reminds me of Deion Sanders and Deion never really tackled his entire career. That worked out well. A 4.33 40 isnt bad.

3:80 - Sione Takitaki - LB - this was a little bit of a reach. I heard a lot of good things about this guy though. He was very good in coverage and the run, also one of the best tacklers in college football. This guy could be a stud.

4:119 - Sheldrick Redwine - S - From what I hear this guy was another athletic freak. 4.44 40 and 39 in vertical. This kid is very versatile. He will not shy away from a tackle but also disciplined in coverage. Sounds like another Randall type of player. He will add depth in case of injury and learn from veterans, will help in ST’s.

5:155 - Mack Wilson - LB - any pure gold pick from projection standpoint. Most had him going late 1st-early 2nd. Even some had him going early 3rd but still a hell of a steal. Another guy that will help making tackles. Wasnt great moving side to side but he also could play well in coverage. Think he ran around a 4.62.

5:170 - Austin Seibert - K - well they had a rookie last year in Joseph but I wouldnt exactly say he was great. He did improve. Seibert is the all-time leader in points in NCAA history. Not too bad lol.

6:189 - Drew Forbes - OT/OG - this kid played LT in college but more projected to play guard. Very fundamentally sound and was projected around the 5th. Nice pick to add depth.

7:221 - Donnie Lewis - CB - dont know much about him but he adds depth and on special teams.

I will go B. They filled their top 2 needs.
Considering all of this and that #17 went towards getting OBJ, I give us an A-. Williams was fantastic value, especially when we had the foresight to grab him in the 2013 draft when he was still in high school...

Takitaki, I wasn't that high on. I would've much rather seen them go after Amani Hooker there. He's a solid player, violent tackler and was extremely good against the run, though, so I am fine with it when all is said and done.

Redwine and Wilson could become starters or they could both hardly ever see the field. Either one wouldn't shock me. Wilson's 5* pedigree is still resonating with some, which is why he was projected by many to go earlier than he did. He has some work to do. Redwine, I honestly don't know much about him. As you said, he's a freak athletically, but as a player, we'll see. If he sits behind Morgan Burnett and learns, all the better.

Happy about the kicker. Any time you can firm up a position that's become more important over the past few years is good with me. Forbes and Lewis are bodies that could provide depth or be in street clothes by October, we'll see.

I was actually happy about getting Darrin Hall. I think he could be a valuable backup if/when we move Duke.
Considering they didn’t even have a 1st Rd pick, yet still got a 1st rounder with their 2nd Rd pick... That’s huge.

But even moreso is that they solidified their defense with their first 4 picks. And even though Kickers aren’t highly regarded in draft mocks, they are worth their weight in gold in the W-L column. If he turns out to be the player he was in college, then he’ll be a steal.

Browns get a B+ from me. Only because I think they should have addressed their O-Line earlier in the draft. Losing Zeit will hurt.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't buy that at all. Look at what the Raiders did at #4. Ferell? Are you serious? Over Allen who is the best edge rusher in this draft. I mean the Raiders could of passed the next Von miller or Mack for a guy who had average measurables. I know its not all about the numbers but if you look back at both careers its not even close. Sure character is important but cmon.

If your Sweat how are bringing legal action on the doctor who misdiagonised you.

Ferrell is a true DE (2nd best in this draft behind Bosa), which is what the Raiders were looking for (in addition to his strong character). Allen is more of a rush OLB who could play DE, but will require some work from a 3 pt stance, defending the run and establishing the edge.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering they didn’t even have a 1st Rd pick, yet still got a 1st rounder with their 2nd Rd pick... That’s huge.

But even moreso is that they solidified their defense with their first 4 picks. And even though Kickers aren’t highly regarded in draft mocks, they are worth their weight in gold in the W-L column. If he turns out to be the player he was in college, then he’ll be a steal.

Browns get a B+ from me. Only because I think they should have addressed their O-Line earlier in the draft. Losing Zeit will hurt.

Yeah at first I was like, ohh they picked a kicker, but the struggles the Browns had since Dawson left...it was WELL worth a 5th rounder. And they spent it on the all-time NCAA leader in points so that is a plus as well.

Yeah OL they didn't address until later but I think they are banking on Corbett being really good and Robinson keeping up what he did the last half of the season. They do have depth at OL though now so that helps. They got Kush in FA and Forbes guy who is versatile. Still thought they should have address OT earlier.
OBJ, Greedy, Mack, a kicker and LB depth alone makes this draft a success imo.

Btw...Pittsburgh had a really good draft. Kinda pissed about it lol

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you're in a DIV with a team like KC that has that big TE that is mostly a big WR the middle of the field and mismatches are hard to defend. I can see being a highly targeted TE. Can he be the playmaker that Kelce is...idk, but thought it was a good pick for DEN/Flacco.

Flacco is the key. When he has had success, it has been throwing to the TE. It was key for the Broncos to get a receiving TE in the draft.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah at first I was like, ohh they picked a kicker, but the struggles the Browns had since Dawson left...it was WELL worth a 5th rounder. And they spent it on the all-time NCAA leader in points so that is a plus as well.

Yeah OL they didn't address until later but I think they are banking on Corbett being really good and Robinson keeping up what he did the last half of the season. They do have depth at OL though now so that helps. They got Kush in FA and Forbes guy who is versatile. Still thought they should have address OT earlier.

Don't forget Desmond Harrison is behind Robinson. I would expect him to eventually take over, just came from a lower level of competition as a rookie and needed some work.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget Desmond Harrison is behind Robinson. I would expect him to eventually take over, just came from a lower level of competition as a rookie and needed some work.

Good point.

LT - Robinson, Harrison
RT - Hubbard, Forbes (T or G)

Inside they will be just fine if Corbett is the real. Tretter and Bitonio aren't going anywhere anytime soon.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flacco is the key. When he has had success, it has been throwing to the TE. It was key for the Broncos to get a receiving TE in the draft.

Fant could be the perfect weapon for him at TE. That is a great fit imo.

How many freaking TE's do they have?

Fant
Heuerman
Fumagalli
Butt

Jesus.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fant could be the perfect weapon for him at TE. That is a great fit imo.

How many freaking TE's do they have?

Fant
Heuerman
Fumagalli
Butt

Jesus.

Don't know much about Fumagalli. Butt needs to get healthy before he can really be counted on. Heuerman has gone through similar struggles.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah it's not exciting so tough for people to be more than ok but I think , for this year , it was probably the way to go

From those I've talked to or heard complain are mostly okay with the OL picks, but not moving up for a OT that might not start this season....general feeling is this guy would have been on the board at 45, if at all move up in the 2nd rd.

I think Senate is a run stuffer and not much more, I was hoping for Burns or Simmons at 14.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

O-Line depth is a plus. It’s good to have a cast of familiar guys, but it’s seems Cleveland did a slight overhaul on their interior. Usually takes time for new guys to gel with the rest of the group. Steelers O-line should theoretically stay at elite level since they only lost their RT who had been injured for over 10 games last year. But losing their O-line coach is arguably the biggest loss of the offseason. Time will tell how much of an impact it will have.

Steelers had a good draft. I gave them a B-. Didn’t care for the Gentry or Gilbert picks

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, I think most QBs like having that big target....Flacco leaned pretty heavily on his WR1 in his prime seasons, but when Pitta was healthy, you're right, he loved going to him....after Pitta got on the injury train it was mostly TE by committee. I like the pick.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
O-Line depth is a plus. It’s good to have a cast of familiar guys, but it’s seems Cleveland did a slight overhaul on their interior. Usually takes time for new guys to gel with the rest of the group. Steelers O-line should theoretically stay at elite level since they only lost their RT who had been injured for over 10 games last year. But losing their O-line coach is arguably the biggest loss of the offseason. Time will tell how much of an impact it will have.

Steelers had a good draft. I gave them a B-. Didn’t care for the Gentry or Gilbert picks

Agree...I went slightly higher (B+...getting their top need with arguably the best Mack ILB prospect in the draft and only losing 14 draft spots was huge).

I think Shaun has learned from maybe the best OL coach in the league alltime….I'm not sure what his game day impact was, but I think they will try to keep what coach Munch brought to the table in terms of prep.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree...I went slightly higher (B+...getting their top need with arguably the best Mack ILB prospect in the draft and only losing 14 draft spots was huge).

I think Shaun has learned from maybe the best OL coach in the league alltime….I'm not sure what his game day impact was, but I think they will try to keep what coach Munch brought to the table in terms of prep.
I sure hope so. Munch had nothing but good things to say about Sarrett (sp? Can’t even remember his last name now). Hopefully he doesn’t try to rewrite the blueprint or make any drastic changes to the approach

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sure hope so. Munch had nothing but good things to say about Sarrett (sp? Can’t even remember his last name now). Hopefully he doesn’t try to rewrite the blueprint or make any drastic changes to the approach

That's why I stopped at Shaun...lol

I remember when I was going thru a manager training program on my 1st career gig...they told us, you're going to work for 3 or 4 managers...Ideally you want to take the best from each manager. One manager I never really liked much (smart but lazy) so I never really took anything from his management style, but the guy I liked the most and who was the most successful, I more or less copied his techniques and management style. Lasted 10 yrs before they promoted me so I think I was smart to copy him.

Sarrett...on the technical stuff, he will be wise to pretty much keep it going as Munchak had it going. From what I've read, I don't expect any major changes.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll give it a C- grade overall.

I think Seattle did some great things EARLY on day 3. I loved ALL the 4th round picks... Jennings, Payne, Amadi can all be impact players and I do love the Burr pick (obviously some homerism and bias there).

I also grade Collier higher than notable sites like walterfootball with the 1st. Everyone was focused on Seattle taking a pass rusher, but most folks seemed to forget that Seattle was #30 in YPC allowed last season. This team HAD to get better with the run, especially after Elliott ran all over them in the playoffs. I think the pass rush will be okay by committee, I was more concerned about finding someone who could stop the run.

That said, day 2 I thought was atrocious outside of Metcalf. I do like Metcalf and he went where I feel it was appropriate, but I don't know if he'll be a day 1 impact starter... the last crazy workout warrior I recall was Brian Orakpo and I think Metcalf could be positional wise similar, but even Orakpo took a little time to groom before developing injuries. That said, Blair over Rapp/Adderley? UGH. And then Barton? These were just 100% WTF picks to me... I get Blair is an aggressive tackler with a mean streak and the goal is to replace Kam. Kam was also 3" taller and 30-40 pounds heavier than Blair. I think Blair will be an injury prone mess in his tenure with Seattle.

Seattle did nothing notable after the Burr pick, so whatever.

Overall was I happy? Meh, again loved day 1 (liked Collier and the picks we acquired), liked Day 3.. I have no clue WTF Seattle was doing Day 2.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Seahawks were able to take 4 picks and turn into 11 selections this year... They sent this years 2nd round pick to Houston last year for LT, Duane Brown so he needs to certainly be factored into this years draft... The Seahawks have had a very high turnover on the defensive ball the past two years that it began to really show up on Special teams... Our Special teams coverage was dreadful last year, especially kickoff coverage... One of the worse I've seen in a while... Too many big returns against us putting them into great field position over and over... Our kickoff coverage team ranked #27th in the NFL... Punt return team was a bit better due to our all pro punter... With this said, bulking up the depth of the team so we can be competitive again in the 3rd facet of the game, Special Teams had to be a huge priority while trying to find a few gems in the process... Quantity vs Quality was a huge need going into season 2019 and I feel like the team did a great job in filling these needs... Going into the draft, they said that the most work for them will be "Post" draft when it comes to filling voids via FA... DE is one of those areas and I believe Nick Perry is on their radar... I give the Seahawks draft a solid B+... I feel like this will be one of our best draft classes we've had in a while... Collier, Barton, Blair and Amadi will be big factors for us on defense...

upload_2019-4-29_15-11-49.png

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ferrell is a true DE (2nd best in this draft behind Bosa), which is what the Raiders were looking for (in addition to his strong character). Allen is more of a rush OLB who could play DE, but will require some work from a 3 pt stance, defending the run and establishing the edge.

Aren't the Raiders switching to a 3-4?