• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Grade Your Team’s Draft

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Post your team’s draft picks and give your thoughts, and/or an overall grade.

Be as thorough or brief as you’d like.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bosa pick is obviously an A+. I'm not as high on getting receivers as most 49er fans were, but at least Samuel provides solid worth. The next pick in Hurd is a project at WR and is really boom or bust. Given the position, I don't like the pick. When they went punter, I basically checked out....the rest of the draft became somewhat irrelevant to me.

At the end of the day however, Bosa was the guy I've wanted on SF for several months, and he alone can salvage this draft if he lives up to the hype. Gimme constant pressure, 10 sacks a year, and whatever happens with the rest of the drat is icing on the cake.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver Broncos

Round 1
Pick 20 (20)
Noah Fant TE Iowa

Round 2
Pick 9 (41)
Dalton Risner OL Kansas State

Round 2
Pick 10 (42)
Drew Lock QB Missouri

Round 3
Pick 8 (71)
Dre'mont Jones DT Ohio State

Round 5
Pick 18(156)
Justin Hollins EDGE Oregon

Round 6
Pick 15 (187)
Juwann Winfree WR Colorado

I'd say Denver gets a B+. Only thing keeping it from an A is we didn't get a stud ILB who can really take advantage of Fangio's history at making LB's great. But our 1st 2 picks will be instant starters, Lock will sit at least a year(maybe 2 depending on how Flacco does but getting Lock at 42 when most people had us taking him at 10 is amazing value), and Jones should see quite a bit of playing time this year as well. As for Hollins and Winfree you don't see many Day 3 players have an immediate impact but they provide some good depth.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pittsburgh
1.10 - Devin Bush, LB Michigan
3.66 - Dionta Johnson, WR Toledo
3.83 - Justin Layne, CB Michigan St
4.122 - Benny Snell Jr, RB Kentucky
5.141 - Zach Gentry, TE Michigan
6.175 - Sutton Smith, OLB N Illinois
6.192 - Isaiah Buggs, DT Alabama
6.207 - Ulysees Gilbert, LB Akron
7.219 - Derwin Gray, OT Maryland

Thoughts:

Bush... Excellent trade value for grabbing Bush. Really hope he pans out, but on paper they got a steal in terms of trade up value. They’ve been scouting this kid for multiple years, and were foaming at the mouth to draft him. Can’t fault them for pulling the trigger when Denver didn’t demand more than what they did. A

Johnson took a lot of us by surprise. But we know better than to doubt Colbert & his WRs. Tape looks like an AB clone. B

Love the Layne pick. Very surprised to see a handful of CBs go off the board before Layne. Got some late 1st pre-draft buzz. Excellent value. A+

Snell... Excellent physical runner. Not incredibly athletic but has good vision and decent short area burst. Should solidify the RB corps. B-

Gentry... Really confused by this pick. After losing Jesse James they have a big home for a blocking TE. Scouting reports say Gentry is not a good blocker, more does he have reliable hands. Thinking this might be a panic pick after Moreau got taken 4 spots ahead of this. D-

Smith... Love this pick. Kid absolutely dominated the MAC. He’ll transition to OLB in the Steelers schemes. Might take some time, but he’ll be a productive STs guy this year. A

Buggs... Interior DL guy that was widely considered overrated. Led the Bama defense in sacks last year, but had a lot to do with the supporting cast. Still only drafting for a depth piece so no pressure for him to contribute right away. Steelers D-Line coach is Karl Dunbar, the former Bama D-line coach. He is supposedly ecstatic over getting him. C+

Gilbert... Productive college career and looks like a decent project, but the LB room is loaded and this was a waste of a pick. He seems destined for the PS but who knows. C

Gray... Necessity for competition on the line. Probably should have picked this position sooner but i’ll take it. C+

Overall... B or B- . They filled a lot of needs, and got some good depth pieces. Only 2 picks do I really not care for. Decent draft!

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots get a B.
I love some of our picks and we get some immediate impact and some solid players.
We also get a lot of projects which prevent the A grade.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering the Bears did not have a 1st, 2nd, or 5th round pick this year, I'd say based on their selections, they've earned a solid B, perhaps even B+, altho again that's relative to their draft positions.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering the Bears did not have a 1st, 2nd, or 5th round pick this year, I'd say based on their selections, they've earned a solid B, perhaps even B+, altho again that's relative to their draft positions.
I liked their running back pick. That kid will be good.

Golden Spur

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st Brian Burns (FSU) LB/DE
2nd Greg Little (Auburn) OT
3rd Will Grier (WVU) QB
4th Christian Miller (BAMA) LB/DE
5th Jordan Scarlett (UNC) RB
6th Dennis Daley (S Car) T
7th Terry Godwin (UGA) WR

The top 4 picks are logical. You're hoping to get at least one good EDGE out of Burns and Miller -> both have speed but need to get stronger. Grier is a solid pick for development purposes, been saying we should take a guy in the mid-rounds like this for years. Little is a good pass protector, we've been bad at LT since Jordan Gross retired.

Scarlett is a little mystifying in that he's the same size as CMC, runs similarly but not much of a receiver. Daley is Gamecock, so of course I root for him, but he's hoping to make the roster as a backup. Godwin, meh.

B

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll grade my division

Cards- Midget Murray and a bunch of guys that won't reach their potential, Z+
49ers- Bosa will come up injured just in time for divisional games except for Cards games, common cold will turn into ACL tears, IR+
Seahawks- Does it matter, develop them Carrol would rather get intimate with them, Z-

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd go B. Atlanta doesn't have that many holes assuming our defensive guys coming off injury are back to full strength . Adding 2 offensive linemen in round one along with the 2 we signed in FA should give us good depth there. Only other real need was CB with the release of Alford and Bethel and loss of Poole so adding Sheffield and Miller will go nicely with Trufant and Oliver. Cominsky seems to be the most interesting pick at DE. The other guys seem to be special teams adds which always helps

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll grade my division

Cards- Midget Murray and a bunch of guys that won't reach their potential, Z+
49ers- Bosa will come up injured just in time for divisional games except for Cards games, common cold will turn into ACL tears, IR+
Seahawks- Does it matter, develop them Carrol would rather get intimate with them, Z-

Little intimidated about our new WR toy.

Look... We got another

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C grade. Drafted only for the future. Every single pick. Not one guy who will come in day 1 and contribute. Seems kind of cocky move from the organization to think they don’t need contributors right away.

Do like the LT in the first because a lot of mocks had him going in their top 10 and Jason Peters is likely done at the end of the year. But, again, no immediate contributors drafted with HUGE holes at LB and Guard. (No Guard or LB even drafted)

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Post your team’s draft picks and give your thoughts, and/or an overall grade.

Nick Bosa (should've been Q. Williams)
Deebo Samuel, WR Cocks
Jalen Hurd, WR Baylor
A Freeking punter in the 4th
Dre Greenlaw, LB Arkansas
Kaden Smith, TE Stanford (meh)

....And the rest of the later guys who probably won't make the team.

Grade?

tenor.gif