• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Gotta love the NFC playoffs race

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's nice to not see teams sitting players these last 2 weeks. One thing ginger head got right.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The next 2 weeks will be very exciting indeed.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, but you can say the exact same thing about Arizona. Plus they currently have a one game lead on everyone else!

I am not a Cards fan but I am getting really sick of everyone writing these guys off. No matter who gets injured they just seem to keep on winning.

The Seahawks and the Cards next week is a HUGE game.

The Cards have been simply amazing this year. I don't believe the Cards will win next Sunday though.

But if I were a Cards fan, I would be pretty stoked about the team. First playoffs appearance in nearly 20 years. Great defense. A coach who seems to really know what he is doing. Their only downside is they play in the NFC West.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only two teams that can win out and hold HFA without needing any help both are NFCW teams. Presuming either the Lions or GB win out anyway which is highly likely.

Huh?

Arizona and who is the other? Wouldn't SEA need help in order to get HFA from Dallas, if both teams can win out?

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cards have been simply amazing this year. I don't believe the Cards will win next Sunday though.

But if I were a Cards fan, I would be pretty stoked about the team. First playoffs appearance in nearly 20 years. Great defense. A coach who seems to really know what he is doing. Their only downside is they play in the NFC West.

:noidea:

Cards made the playoffs in 2008 & 2009.

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Super Bowl XLIII ... Somebody's been out of the loop.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoops. Total brain fart. Forgot about the Kurt Warner era.

Wait, didn't you used to be an eagles fan? Or did I make that up because of the Flyers logo? :noidea:

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huh?

Arizona and who is the other? Wouldn't SEA need help in order to get HFA from Dallas, if both teams can win out?

Seattle doesnt quite completely control their destiny for the 1 seed but close, however they dont need help from Dallas. They hold the 3 way tiebreaker in any scenario so if Seattle, Dallas and either GB/Detroit win out they would get the 1. The chances either GB or Detroit win out is high because they will both be favored next week GB@TB and Det@ Chi and they play each other the last week.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle doesnt quite completely control their destiny for the 1 seed but close, however they dont need help from Dallas. They hold the 3 way tiebreaker in any scenario so if Seattle, Dallas and either GB/Detroit win out they would get the 1. The chances either GB or Detroit win out is high because they will both be favored next week GB@TB and Det@ Chi and they play each other the last week.

gotcha, makes sense. Dallas needs a head to head tie breaker with SEA to get #1.

I'd be happy with #6, just get us into the playoffs. And the way we play on the road, HFA would actually be a bad thing :L

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, didn't you used to be an eagles fan? Or did I make that up because of the Flyers logo? :noidea:

Nope. I've been a Seahawks fan since 1978.

I am a Flyers fan as well. I was a Navy brat.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. I've been a Seahawks fan since 1978.

I am a Flyers fan as well. I was a Navy brat.

Guess I just assumed based on the Flyer thing. doh

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's such a crazy year. I think the scenario is gone since GB lost yesterday. But prior to that loss, there was a scenario that if played out, The GB/DET game could of meant seattle either got the 1 seed, or miss the playoffs completely at 11-5.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's such a crazy year. I think the scenario is gone since GB lost yesterday. But prior to that loss, there was a scenario that if played out, The GB/DET game could of meant seattle either got the 1 seed, or miss the playoffs completely at 11-5.

I think the scenario actually was if Det and GB ended in a Tie seattle would of missed at 11-5

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, but you can say the exact same thing about Arizona. Plus they currently have a one game lead on everyone else!

I am not a Cards fan but I am getting really sick of everyone writing these guys off. No matter who gets injured they just seem to keep on winning.

The Seahawks and the Cards next week is a HUGE game.
I started by saying two teams in the NFCW control their own destiny. I didn't write off anyone. When talking about 'controlling your destiny' it is assumed you are saying IF you win out. You can't take any road game for granted against anyone and I haven't. Seattle still has a tough road ahead of them in both of their last two games. These are simply hypotheticals.
Huh?

Dallas has the hardest road of all of the teams currently sitting on 4 wins to reach the 1st seed. They have a worst conference win record than all of the remaining teams so they fail every tiebreaker except head to head with Seattle.

Their path to #1 would require BOTH the Lions AND GB to lose one of their next two games. If either wins out Dallas has no path to #1 seed. They would also obviously need Seattle to beat Arizona and either also beat the Rams or Arizona to lose to the 9'ers in the last game.

Obviously Arizona has the easiest path to holding their own destiny, even if no one believes they actually will. Second team with the best chance is Seattle.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the scenario actually was if Det and GB ended in a Tie seattle would of missed at 11-5

Still exists but it's a longshot. GB and Det would have to tie with both finishing 11-4-1. Dallas and Philly would both finish 11-5 giving Philly the division and knocking Dallas to the 6 seed and obviously beating Seattle head to head. But yea any scenario involving a tie is unlikely

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL probably loves how the NFC races are unfolding and teams still playing each other to determine division titles.

Week 16 - Seattle at Arizona - NFC West

Week 17 - Detroit at Green Bay - NFC North

Atlanta still plays NO and Carolina - any one of the 3 can still win NFC South (amazingly)

I assume they are waiting on moving "relevant" game to Sunday Night... most likely either Packers/Detroit or Cincy/Pittsburgh.

Anyone know if game still going to get moved to Sunday Night? None on schedule currently.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They will choose one. Usually they try to choose the one where it is a win or go home situation for one of the teams so most likely cincy @ Pittsburgh imo

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We were one play away from winning the SB in 2009 and beat the Packers in one of the greatest wildcard games ever played in 2010.

With that, I am very stoked about this team. Regardless of what happens, this season has already been a success considering the circumstances. Now we just need to pull the ultimate head scratcher and beat the Seahawks next week. Then everyone will have to come to the toaster in the playoffs and that is no easy place to win.