• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Got to thinking about A&M move to the SEC

GunsUp_ShootinBlanks

I spreche turable Engrish
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many top 3 recruiting classes did it take for Texas to miss a bowl all together last year?

Uhhhh I don't care? I'm sure they probably had 3 or 4 in the years previous though. Not a UT fan if you didn't notice...

Big Red Said

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a feeling that A&M vs whomever they play is gonna be a lot like Nebraska's welcome to the B1G.

You Beotch! LOL :becky:

How many top 3 recruiting classes did it take for Texas to miss a bowl all together last year?

LMAO... Bam!!!....

bam-bam.jpg

HighTide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is an interesting setup. I see them losing to UGA, UF, SC on a regular basis. UT is a toss up unless they ever get their shit together and UK and Vandy are wins.

I don't know about that, SC as always had offense problems. Even with the weapons of Jeffery and Lattimore, they still have a hard time putting points on the board.

Florida also has a problem with beating West teams, if you go back this past decade they have at least a loss from LSU, Alabama, Auburn, Miss State, and Ole Miss. I think A&M can be competitive with them, especially with their offense. I mean if Ole Miss and Moo state can, any team can (Except Arkansas lol).

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about that, SC as always had offense problems. Even with the weapons of Jeffery and Lattimore, they still have a hard time putting points on the board.

Florida also has a problem with beating West teams, if you go back this past decade they have at least a loss from LSU, Alabama, Auburn, Miss State, and Ole Miss. I think A&M can be competitive with them, especially with their offense. I mean if Ole Miss and Moo state can, any team can (Except Arkansas lol).

What offense? Most of what you see right now will not be there when they go to the SEC. QB, WRs, and possibly both RBs will be gone, along with 7 starters off the defense.

GunsUp_ShootinBlanks

I spreche turable Engrish
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess we'll have to wait and see. I'm fairly certain you know infinitely more about the SEC than me, but if I know anything about college football it is about the Big 12, and aTm has been very mediocre at best during their tenure.

HighTide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess we'll have to wait and see. I'm fairly certain you know infinitely more about the SEC than me, but if I know anything about college football it is about the Big 12, and aTm has been very mediocre at best during their tenure.

It is the west teams that A&M has gone 0-7 against, and right now the top four in the entire conference. Alabama, Auburn, Arkansas, and LSU.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is the west teams that A&M has gone 0-7 against, and right now the top four in the entire conference. Alabama, Auburn, Arkansas, and LSU.

They'll be rebuilding their roster, it doesn't matter which part of the conference was beating them.

HighTide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tennessee beat them in 2004 and Georgia beat them in 2009.

I see, still that is against the usually top 6. It isn't a fair comparison considering the dominance of the conference. I'm going to give A&M the benefit of a doubt.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see, still that is against the usually top 6. It isn't a fair comparison considering the dominance of the conference. I'm going to give A&M the benefit of a doubt.

What part of A&M will be REBUILDING do you not get???

They won't have a quality team when they start SEC play. So unless you think the SEC is so weak they can come in and win the division missing 7 starters on D and 5 or more on O, I don't really get what they are getting the benefit of.

Not to mention they've shown you this year what they have with the best team they've had in ages.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just curious. OU has been whooping up on aTm (10-3 in big xii play) since they became conference members. Made me wonder what they were thinking going to the SEC west. I know that history is they beat up on LSU and probably thought it would be just them and Bama competeing so thats why I checked out their SEC record since they joined the BIG XII.

Anyway, the aggies are a strange bunch. No female cheerleaders and those haircuts.....

Have fun in the SEC, I have a feeling their program will just get worse in the short run. Long term, maybe if they get some female skin on the sidelines? :roll:

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL

We crushed them in the 44-20 Liberty Bowl... not exactly a dominate year for UGA.

We did, however, beat them in 1980 40-0.

A&M beat us 3 times, back in the 50's.

bchampy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is all a conspiracy to get UF to travel all the way to Texas during the regular season twice a decade :D

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is all a conspiracy to get UF to travel all the way to Texas during the regular season twice a decade :D

Thats a good perspective.

When I heard that Saturday was the first trip for Bama to Florida since 2006 I wanted to just laugh.

Thats a bit of a stretch and kinda lame if you ask me. Makes the road to the SEC championship much easier.

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When I heard that Saturday was the first trip for Bama to Florida since 2006 I wanted to just laugh.

Thats a bit of a stretch and kinda lame if you ask me. Makes the road to the SEC championship much easier.

That's just kind of how it works in a conference with 12+ members. :becky:

Teams only play so many inter-divisional games each year, so you don't play everyone every year.

metal_frk_334

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

They are in the East and we are in the West. The SEC inter-divisional set up is different from how the old Big 12 one was set up. We have one permanent inter-divisional opponent and then rotate, a home and home, with two other teams. There is always one inter-divisional team rotating out as another rotates in. One team is at home and the other away.

- For Example -
*Tennessee - Permanent Inter-Divisional* Home and Home
Vanderbilt and @Florida - 2006
@Vanderbilt and Georgia - 2007
Kentucky and @Georgia - 2008
@Kentucky and South Carolina - 2009
Florida and @ South Carolina - 2010
@Florida and Vanderbilt - 2011
Georgia and @Vanderbilt - 2012

So it takes six years for our inter-divisional games to rotate back around to The Swamp and any other East team's home field, besides Tennessee.

Last edited by a moderator:

metal_frk_334

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Btw, had the Big 12 used this method you would not have lost your rivalry with Nebraska.

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are in the East and we are in the West. The SEC inter-divisional set up is different from how the old Big 12 one was set up. We have one permanent inter-divisional opponent and then rotate, a home and home, with two other teams. There is always one inter-divisional team rotating out as another rotates in. One team is at home and the other away.

- For Example -
*Tennessee - Permanent Inter-Divisional* Home and Home
Vanderbilt and @Florida - 2006
@Vanderbilt and Georgia - 2007
Kentucky and @Georgia - 2008
@Kentucky and South Carolina - 2009
Florida and @ South Carolina - 2010
@Florida and Vanderbilt - 2011
Georgia and @Vanderbilt - 2012

So it takes six years for our inter-divisional games to rotate back around to The Swamp and any other East team's home field, besides Tennessee.

I wonder if A&M is going to fuck this all up. Do we ditch an OOC game or the perma game with Florida? I like playing Florida every year.....

HighTide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if A&M is going to fuck this all up. Do we ditch an OOC game or the perma game with Florida? I like playing Florida every year.....

I've heard rumors of how a 13 team conference would go.

3 West teams will play all 6 of the West opponents, and 2 from the East.
4 West teams will only play 5 of the West opponents, and 3 from the East.

If they got the second option that would do better in my opinion. Right now they could probably beat 4 or 5 of the East teams. Georgia is the only one that has got their shit together.

We really need a 14th team to join to balance it out. I also think they keep the Ut-Bama, Florida-LSU, and Georgia-Auburn games.