• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Got this interesting trade offer.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s not the reason no one trades with you. You just tend to like your roster as is and turn away anyone interested in trading.
yeah, I get too attached to my players sometimes.
But because I have a reputation for liking vets over rookies, I think that this tends to show in the trade offers in the form of declining, aging vets or fringe players.
Maybe not? But usually they aren't enough to sway me to pull the trigger.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a new start up dynasty league, our draft just shortly got over. I drafted Barkley at 1.4 over David Johnson.
In part because I owned Johnson in another league and also thought it would be nice to own Barkley in at least one league. Not surprised I got a trade offer for Barkley, actually more surprised that I only got one.
Here’s the offer:
Mixon, Guice and next years first and second round. I have had trade talks with this owner several times and I’ve come to believe he’s a take or leave it type of trade partner. His offers are always decent, but not the type that leaves looking for the accept button ASAP. He’s never accepted a counter or made a counter.
This is a standard scoring 12 team league. My other RBs are Penny, Chubb, K. Johnson, Hyde , Jeromy Hill and Perine.
In addition it doesn’t seem to be a league with active traders. This owner being the exception.
Thoughts? Accept or reject?

is the owner the one who made you the offer? if he is then I would reject the trade, see how Barkely does and then revisit said trade and I am sure you would be able to get more for him

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, I get too attached to my players sometimes.
But because I have a reputation for liking vets over rookies, I think that this tends to show in the trade offers in the form of declining, aging vets or fringe players.
Maybe not? But usually they aren't enough to sway me to pull the trigger.
You have definitely resisted my best efforts for Njoku..both as rook and an incoming soph.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is the owner the one who made you the offer? if he is then I would reject the trade, see how Barkely does and then revisit said trade and I am sure you would be able to get more for him
Already made the trade for a really nice haul and it’s been my experience that high point, trade value wise for these once in a generation hyped rookie is early on. The shine wears off some with time. You could ask for the moon last year for Fournette this time of year, now he is still worth a lot, but he is no longer a “ I need him no matter the cost” type. He’s just another nice RB now.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Already made the trade for a really nice haul and it’s been my experience that high point, trade value wise for these once in a generation hyped rookie is early on. The shine wears off some with time. You could ask for the moon last year for Fournette this time of year, now he is still worth a lot, but he is no longer a “ I need him no matter the cost” type. He’s just another nice RB now.

Bigger haul then the initial trade?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Basically you are giving up on this season already. Even with you potential rookie studs.

Wait and see what happens. You can get more from anyone if success is there.

And if it is not there then you will get an elite top pick for next year either way

Just FYI @MilkSpiller22 I've made the playoffs. The fellow who traded for Barkley is probably the favorite to win it all, but we shall have to wait and see how it goes. The arrow is pointing ^ for my roster for ROS.