• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Goodell's doing great; stop whining

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
A lot of you are trashing Roger Goodell, and you must have unrealistic expectations about him as a commissioner.

1. The NFL missed ZERO games in the the extremely divisive CBA negotiations.
2. The NFL is being sued by every money-grubbing, entitled, litigious asshole out there. Lawyers ruin everything.
3. The NFL's popularity has never been higher, and it has beat the collective crap out of every other sport in the country.
4. The NFL has the toughest drug testing policy of all the major sports.

What the hell do you expect out of the guy?

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is a moron who should not be commissioner. The NFL would be just as popular with you or I as Commissioner. He isn't consistent with his rulings, with his fines or suspensions. He is a joke.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
He is a moron who should not be commissioner. The NFL would be just as popular with you or I as Commissioner. He isn't consistent with his rulings, with his fines or suspensions. He is a joke.

With you or me...

Example?

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have time to research specific examples but I've had this conversation on a different board and there are tons of examples. I'll see if I can't find the list of inconsistent suspensions.

grayghost668

Gun Control,,,,not likely
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of you are trashing Roger Goodell, and you must have unrealistic expectations about him as a commissioner.

1. The NFL missed ZERO games in the the extremely divisive CBA negotiations.
2. The NFL is being sued by every money-grubbing, entitled, litigious asshole out there. Lawyers ruin everything.
3. The NFL's popularity has never been higher, and it has beat the collective crap out of every other sport in the country.
4. The NFL has the toughest drug testing policy of all the major sports.

What the hell do you expect out of the guy?

damn stop your brown nosing the whites of your eyes are turning brown

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does SportsHoopla keep this thread highlighted like I haven't read it? Is this happening to anyone else? No offense, Sick, but I now hate this thread.

RedneckNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is doing great being inconsistent with punishment. At least they fined Brady fopr that cheap shot he took at Reed.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does SportsHoopla keep this thread highlighted like I haven't read it? Is this happening to anyone else? No offense, Sick, but I now hate this thread.

This thread isn't doing it to me, but other threads have before.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Click on the link that says "San Francisco 49ers" next to "NFL - NFC" at the bottom of the page once you've read a post, and that should make it no longer highlighted. Works for me.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Click on the link that says "San Francisco 49ers" next to "NFL - NFC" at the bottom of the page once you've read a post, and that should make it no longer highlighted. Works for me.

Nope. I WILL BURN IT DOWN if it keeps going.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's hypocritical, his priorities are often out of whack, and his fines are usually misplaced.

The NFL is a money making machine. It's the NFL with him or without him. Using that as an excuse to downplay his idiocy is :wtf2:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
He's hypocritical, his priorities are often out of whack, and his fines are usually misplaced.

The NFL is a money making machine. It's the NFL with him or without him. Using that as an excuse to downplay his idiocy is :wtf2:

Nobody ever gives specific examples of hypocricy. I don't know what you mean about his priorities.

Yes, the NFL would make money without him. But it's doing better than it ever has. It's certainlt ding better than of they had a tool like Bud Seilig as commissioner. He's constantly having to make decisions to protect the NFL from lawsuits, and he's been really tough on trouble-making players (like when they break the law). That helps the image of the game.

Nobody would claim he's been been perfect, but I don't know what you would expect a good commissioner to have done differently.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
You're pretty staunch about your opinion. Name 2 things you would have done differently if you were commissioner.

Or you, like everyone else, could just call him names with nothing specific to justfy them.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're pretty staunch about your opinion. Name 2 things you would have done differently if you were commissioner.

Or you, like everyone else, could just call him names with nothing specific to justfy them.

They have stated quite a few things in the post already. Are you blind or set in your ways on this topic ?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
They have stated quite a few things in the post already. Are you blind or set in your ways on this topic ?

The only specific thing anyone mentioned him doing in this thread was a positive:

He is doing great being inconsistent with punishment. At least they fined Brady fopr that cheap shot he took at Reed.

And wer'e lucky he did that much because Brady & his lawyer could have appealed & argued he didn't do it on purpose.