• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Goodbye Lynch!

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have invested in the guys he wants and he hasnt developed anybody. Not one of our OL will sniff the probowl, okung still jumps offsides constantly, our best guys are average at best. 6 years in our OL should be a well oiled machine, its a disaster.
Is it possible that you post primarily for shock value?

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have invested in the guys he wants and he hasnt developed anybody. Not one of our OL will sniff the probowl, okung still jumps offsides constantly, our best guys are average at best. 6 years in our OL should be a well oiled machine, its a disaster.

Seattle has the least amount of money invested at the position and nearly all of it is locked up in Okung. We traded away an all pro center as well for a TE that didn't know how to block. I actually feel sorry for Cable.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why was Turbin a 'knuckle-head?' From what I remember he was the perfect backup. Did what was asked of him, didn't complain, and produced when called upon.

I don't get people's issues with Turbin. He was very successful here. From the reports at the time, Seattle made a strategic move with him and it backfired and he was claimed by Cleveland. No one seems to understand what happened with Cleveland, but he's probably better off away from that dumpster fire of a team. He got 8 touches with Dallas on Sunday - and he has 6 more games to prove something going into the offseason while playing behind McFadden. I don't see his career ending this year - but stranger things have happened - and he may get a Justin Forsett-like opportunity somewhere.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle has the least amount of money invested at the position and nearly all of it is locked up in Okung. We traded away an all pro center as well for a TE that didn't know how to block. I actually feel sorry for Cable.

Least amount invested only because none of the drafted OL were worth a second contract since Cable came on board and was given the power to rate OL in the draft.

3ec7eea8-66a7-4891-bbf9-22586cbf5e50.png

Attachments

• Screenshot%20-%2011_21_2015%20%2011_25_58%20AM.png
    Screenshot%20-%2011_21_2015%20%2011_25_58%20AM.png
    170.1 KB · Views: 13

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Least amount invested only because none of the drafted OL were worth a second contract since Cable came on board and was given the power to rate OL in the draft.

View attachment 55969
I'm not sure how much influence Cable has in the draft and I think a lot is fan speculation as to how much power he has in acquiring talent. If I am in the GM position, I would only allow someone limited power in controlling whether I can put the right guys on the field or not. I would require a veto on anything.
You are correct in that really no one earned a pay raise.
It is not Cable fault (mentioned in an earlier post) that O'kung causes so many false starts. That is on the player. Period. I prefer that we dump Okung's ass at the end of the year but that is a tough call. He is an average LT who has not lived up to his draft status.
What have you done for me lately? The OL played way over their heads against SF. If they can play nearly as good against Pitt, then it's hats off to Cable and the OL. Folks that understand this game might agree that Seattle's OL this year would be in a tough spot and would take the year to see if they can achieve a slightly below average performance which would be astonishing.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

View attachment 55969

I completely agree I dont believe it would have been wise to over pay for players like breno, paul, and carpenter. its not like they were pro bowl players and our offensive line back then wasnt really all that great. We won games so it was over looked, now that we are losing the finger pointing is going to the offensive line. Cable since coming on to the team as an OL coach hasnt produced a single above average OL player I believe Okung and Unger were on the team prior to his arrival and Okung is a stretch because it seems like his skills are declining. Was taking undrafted DL players and converting them to OL players was that tom cables idea true or false? because from what I understood college football teams do not produce quality OL players anymore so our OL expert cable says that we should draft DL players and convert them. It kinda worked with Sweezy but now he is over his head

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure how much influence Cable has in the draft and I think a lot is fan speculation as to how much power he has in acquiring talent. If I am in the GM position, I would only allow someone limited power in controlling whether I can put the right guys on the field or not. I would require a veto on anything.
You are correct in that really no one earned a pay raise.
It is not Cable fault (mentioned in an earlier post) that O'kung causes so many false starts. That is on the player. Period. I prefer that we dump Okung's ass at the end of the year but that is a tough call. He is an average LT who has not lived up to his draft status.
What have you done for me lately? The OL played way over their heads against SF. If they can play nearly as good against Pitt, then it's hats off to Cable and the OL. Folks that understand this game might agree that Seattle's OL this year would be in a tough spot and would take the year to see if they can achieve a slightly below average performance which would be astonishing.

Yes it's speculation on how much power has on drafting OL, but I also feel it's obvious. Given that he's the one working out the Ol prospects during the draft, he's the one talking to the press after the draft about the OL drafted etc.

As for dumping OKung, well given how badly the Seahawks have done drafting RT ( Carp, Britt and now Gilliam ) I sure don't like the idea of trying to find a decent LT. So even though Okung is brittle and draw flags at times, I rather the Seahawk keep him, until they have a proven replacement.

As for the play against a injury riddled 49er team, I felt the OL played just OK. Lets see how they do against the Steelers.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cable this and Cable that, but the OL has improved quite a bit since the early going, no two ways about it. We have regained the top spot in total rushing yards per game, and we also now have an undrafted rookie with the highest ypc in the NFL.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cable this and Cable that, but the OL has improved quite a bit since the early going, no two ways about it. We have regained the top spot in total rushing yards per game, and we also now have an undrafted rookie with the highest ypc in the NFL.
Don't get me wrong, I think Cable does a decent job of coaching the players up, but the Seahawks need to draft better when picking OL.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes it's speculation on how much power has on drafting OL, but I also feel it's obvious. Given that he's the one working out the Ol prospects during the draft, he's the one talking to the press after the draft about the OL drafted etc.

As for dumping OKung, well given how badly the Seahawks have done drafting RT ( Carp, Britt and now Gilliam ) I sure don't like the idea of trying to find a decent LT. So even though Okung is brittle and draw flags at times, I rather the Seahawk keep him, until they have a proven replacement.

As for the play against a injury riddled 49er team, I felt the OL played just OK. Lets see how they do against the Steelers.

I had considered your view when I wrote my post.
As coach of the OL, it is Cable's responsibility to evaluate and give his opinion when working out O Linemen pre draft. He also has an obligation to talk to the press on anyone drafted along the OL. If Pete wants player X and Cable wants player Y and player X gets drafted by us, what is TC going to say to the press? He would say something like "This is a guy we had on our list all along. He has great hands and quick feet. His length will give him the edge when taking on his man one on one. I am excited we were fortunate to have him on the board when our choice was up and I'm sure he will become a great Seahawk."
Position coaches do have input, some more than others but I am not convinced TC calls the shot on which OL get drafted.
Regarding Okung, he may want big$, and if he does can walk. He is an average LT at best.
If our OL can become average this year in their production, TC will have earned every penny paid.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get me wrong, I think Cable does a decent job of coaching the players up, but the Seahawks need to draft better when picking OL.
No disagreement with that Harold, but I wonder if the team is changing their plan when drafting OL as their prior plan did not work well at all.
If what we hear is true (there are fewer NFL ready OL at draft time due to more spread offenses at the college level) it might make more sense to do it the way our team is trying. Using lower picks and hope you can coach them up.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it possible that you post primarily for shock value?

What did I say that was incorrect? Do you not think our OL should have progressed more in 6 years? Should okung still be jumping offsides every game?

Or should we just accept that our OL is going to be a "work in progress" every year and wait until week 10 before it starts to look better than bottom of the barrel?

I just dont get the complacency.