• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Goodbye Lynch!

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time to dump the $11.5M this guy is due next year. We still save $6.5M by cutting him.

Lynch was amazing and a huge part of the reason we won a Super Bowl, but time to cut ties. Just the natural progression.... Let's take that $6.5M extra and sign some decent offensive lineman and interior defensive tackles.

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One great game by T-rawlasaurus is not enough to make that change. I do think this is Lynch's last season. His body will limit what his mind wills it to do. Imagine having both of them healthy at the same time. Might be a really good combination.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Lynch would have had a great game today also had he played. There was a comment by the announcers that i just laughed at, it was something to the effect of " Did you see that cut? thats something Marshawn doesn't give you" Who the hell have they been watching? Lynch breaks peoples ankles all the time and in area's where he shouldn't as in no room to even move yet he makes them WIFF! lol.

Rawls is a nice pick-up though but he wont have the "beast mode" type runs because well he is not BEAST MODE he is his own style and it's a good one for this offense. One cut and go and after 1 step he is at top speed. One thing Rawls has over Lynch is his top speed, he out runs people where Lynch really never out ran people he would just out MAN people lol.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lynch ain't coming back next year.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Lynch retires at the end of the year.

Golden Spur

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Picked up Rawls in FF right before the game. Cha-ching! 37.5

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time to dump the $11.5M this guy is due next year. We still save $6.5M by cutting him.

Lynch was amazing and a huge part of the reason we won a Super Bowl, but time to cut ties. Just the natural progression.... Let's take that $6.5M extra and sign some decent offensive lineman and interior defensive tackles.
About ttime they got rid of his ass and that silly field hand persona he affects

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
field hand?

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there is an absolutely necessity to clear cap space then for the first time they will seriously consider cutting Marshawn, but if there isn't an immediate need to clear cap then keep both of them.

Rawls has looked electric in his short time playing but he is still unproven in many ways. Can he last the entire season? How will he fare when the offensive line isn't opening up holes for him consistently like they were today?

If Rawls is the real deal then it might be our benefit to use them both as a one two punch. Keep both backs fresh and rotate them throughout the game while the defense wears down.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there is an absolutely necessity to clear cap space then for the first time they will seriously consider cutting Marshawn, but if there isn't an immediate need to clear cap then keep both of them.

Rawls has looked electric in his short time playing but he is still unproven in many ways. Can he last the entire season? How will he fare when the offensive line isn't opening up holes for him consistently like they were today?

If Rawls is the real deal then it might be our benefit to use them both as a one two punch. Keep both backs fresh and rotate them throughout the game while the defense wears down.
Agreed that two gap defensive scheme SF continued to run wasn't implemented to stop a runner like Rawls. None the less great game for Rawls and the O line.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rawls looked like he went around the pile as much as through it yesterday. He's got a great burst.

I'd love to keep Rawls and Beast but if we needed to drop one it would need to be Lynch based on age mainly, and also on money. Jackson can go now if he likes. No one will miss him and his invisible lackluster playing.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One great game by T-rawlasaurus is not enough to make that change. I do think this is Lynch's last season. His body will limit what his mind wills it to do. Imagine having both of them healthy at the same time. Might be a really good combination.

Three of the top four rushing performances this season have been turned in by Rawls. Seahawks are 3-1 when he gets the most carries, 2-4 when Lynch is the featured back.

Rawls has been the better back this year. It won't be as easy for him next year as the featured back, but he has shown that he can dominate weak run defenses, so I expect him to go over 1000 yards next year, and he may do it this year as well.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Three of the top four rushing performances this season have been turned in by Rawls. Seahawks are 3-1 when he gets the most carries, 2-4 when Lynch is the featured back.

Rawls has been the better back this year. It won't be as easy for him next year as the featured back, but he has shown that he can dominate weak run defenses, so I expect him to go over 1000 yards next year, and he may do it this year as well.

Yeah, but who were we playing those games. We've lost 5 games and 4 of the teams we lost to are in 1st place right now.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he might need season ending (career ending) surgery so I guess this is a moot point.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rawls was better all year. Lynch had some explosive moments but all the contact has finally done him in. It was a great run. Might not be a HOF'er but certainly a member of the ring of honor.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but who were we playing those games. We've lost 5 games and 4 of the teams we lost to are in 1st place right now.
I knew that excuse was going to be brought up. But when Rawls consistently outperforms Lynch, it is time to accept the fact that, at this stage in his career, he is the better running back.

And for the record, the six defenses Lynch has faced when he gets the most starts average out 17th in the league. The four defenses Rawls has faced when he gets the most starts average out 22nd in the league. The difference isn't enough to justify Rawls superior performance. Sometimes you just have accept the fact that there is a new sheriff in town.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew that excuse was going to be brought up. But when Rawls consistently outperforms Lynch, it is time to accept the fact that, at this stage in his career, he is the better running back.

And for the record, the six defenses Lynch has faced when he gets the most starts average out 17th in the league. The four defenses Rawls has faced when he gets the most starts average out 22nd in the league. The difference isn't enough to justify Rawls superior performance. Sometimes you just have accept the fact that there is a new sheriff in town.

I was saying Rawls was the better back weeks ago. He doesn't have the power to truck defensive tackles but who besides Lynch does? It was a great run but it's over. That doesn't change the fact that Lynch was playing against really good football teams who were keying on him. It's over though.

We got a rookie Rawls, a young Wilson, Lockett, and Richardson who could be really good if he can keep himself on the field. These are strong pieces to build around. Hopefully they finally do something about this abysmal offensive line and we can have a half-decent offense.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think another thing that's going on is the offense is forced to be more creative when Rawls is in there. The book on us is when we have Lynch in the backfield and teams were just loading the box to stop him. If he were still the guy who could get 3 out of a carry after being met in the backfield then maybe it would work. Now we have to be less predictable because we don't have the beast.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was saying Rawls was the better back weeks ago. He doesn't have the power to truck defensive tackles but who besides Lynch does? It was a great run but it's over. That doesn't change the fact that Lynch was playing against really good football teams who were keying on him. It's over though.

We got a rookie Rawls, a young Wilson, Lockett, and Richardson who could be really good if he can keep himself on the field. These are strong pieces to build around. Hopefully they finally do something about this abysmal offensive line and we can have a half-decent offense.

They need to either make Jimmie Graham a full time wide receiver, or get rid of him all together. He does not have positive value to us as a tight end.

They need to keep drafting offensive lineman and do whatever it takes to hang on to Tom Cable.

The defensive coordinator needs to go. They need to find a way to steal Ken Norton from Oakland.

Bevell won't survive another offseason, especially if this team does not get at least to the NFC championship game (and yes, I realize that just reaching the playoffs is a bit of a long shot). It will be interesting to see who they replace him with.

The pieces are still in place for a dynasty, but the motivation/heart is not there this year. The players are partially to blame for this but the OC and DC will be the fall guys, as they should be.