• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Good thing we didnt sign Kreutz

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
if a "high end" FA isn't playing well and isn't into the game, is it better for him to keep playing poorly.....or take himself out?

is it better if he keeps playing till the Coaches take him out?

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't blame Carson one bit because he let his feelings be known and stayed consistent....and all of this was done in the offseason. Kruetz quitting mid season is chicken shit to me, but at the same time, if his heart isn't into it, then its hard to envision him being productive.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I would rather a guy be honest and quit than going through the motions and collecting a paycheck.

I don't want to judge Kruetz or anyone because I really don't know him or what he was thinking. Maybe at the beginning of the year he thought he still wanted to play and finally after a few games decided his heart and maybe even body weren't in it.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't blame Kreutz. He is retiring because he can't effectively play well anymore. His ego says it is a loss of passion. They say he weighs less than 280 lbs.

freaak

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'd advise anyone who doesn't love their job to seek employment elsewhere. I've never been a fan of the "quit on the team" mentality. Anyone, whether a public servant, serviceman, etc., should be able to walk away at a time of their choosing without public backlash. At the end of the day, who does this affect long-term?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
so say you're Kreutz, you know you aren't performing well regardless of the reasons. so you don't want to hurt your teammates going forward, how do you "bow out"?

just take yourself out as starter but stay with the team? this is ok with teammates but what about GM and Owner? cause he's being paid a pretty penny to now sit.

not saying he's right but just don't think its fair to simply call him a "quitter"?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'd advise anyone who doesn't love their job to seek employment elsewhere. I've never been a fan of the "quit on the team" mentality. Anyone, whether a public servant, serviceman, etc., should be able to walk away at a time of their choosing without public backlash. At the end of the day, who does this affect long-term?

this is fine for most jobs, but in this case the NFL is seasonal work?

think the question is....knowing you aren't performing, what is the best way to bow out? there is no good way so we're really talking 'lesser of the evils' way.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
You can't blame a guy for retiring.

...I never wanted him in SF by the way. :)

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
don't think there's a good way to do it no matter, but at least he's helping his team by removing his poor play from the field. actually, it may not be "poor" play, but just not up to his Pro Bowl standards? cause you'd think they'd just bench him if it was that bad?

by actually leaving the team, he saves the team money else he'd just be cashing checks (recall he's a high end FA) for no work? so yeah he is quitting but MAYBE its not as bad as the label "quitter" implies?

if fans say he didn't live up to his playing rep thats ok. if fans criticize their GM for signing him in the first place, thats ok too. i'm just focusing on how does ANY player (former Pro Bowler) bow out in this situation?

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems like Kreutz's mistake was trying to stay in the NFL, even though he was devastated that the Bears didn't do enough to keep him. With that said, better New Orleans than the 49ers.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wouldn't have quit on Harbaugh, not with the "thrill of victory!"

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It seems like Kreutz's mistake was trying to stay in the NFL, even though he was devastated that the Bears didn't do enough to keep him. With that said, better New Orleans than the 49ers.

agree, you can't help think his heart wasn't in it to begin with?