• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Good Season

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see us trading back in the draft maybe turning the first round pick into a 2nd and 3rd depending on what the situation is like. I like that we really don't have a huge need in any one specific area. Our run game is good, we can pass the ball and our defense is solid. We just need to figure things out in the secondary I don't think we need to do anything with Shaq he had a bad playoff game there isn't any need to crush him and drop in the depth chart. If we were able to run the ball we would have beaten the cowboys

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not brank the bank for any of our offensive linemen they were cut from their previous team because they were not good and signed to a minimum. They had good seasons for us but its not like Fluker or Sweezy made the pro bowl. If they want to continue their careers in the NFL they should look for a reasonable deal to stay in Seattle. Sweezy already knows that the grass isn't always greener when he left to Tampa and came back and fluker being cut twice from the chargers and giants both should know that this situation here on this team is better for them than trying to leave and seek money.
I wouldn't expect either player would break a bank on a re-sign here, but I think we also need to appreciate what continuity should be valued at on the OL. And with Fluker, I think it's no accident that he came here from NYG right after we hired his OL coach. Sweezy has also stated this was his favorite year of football (and of course he was on the SB48 team). I would be shocked if both players are not back in '19. Now Pocic, otoh, could be a different story. He was only a 2nd year player this year, but it didn't look like he really fit in to the new OL approach.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't expect either player would break a bank on a re-sign here, but I think we also need to appreciate what continuity should be valued at on the OL. And with Fluker, I think it's no accident that he came here from NYG right after we hired his OL coach. Sweezy has also stated this was his favorite year of football (and of course he was on the SB48 team). I would be shocked if both players are not back in '19. Now Pocic, otoh, could be a different story. He was only a 2nd year player this year, but it didn't look like he really fit in to the new OL approach.

yeah it looked like he didn't adjust to Mike Solaris system at all this is what happens when you change coordinators to soon with players. He learned everything from Tom Cable then his very next season has to learn what Solaris system. I wouldn't give up on him players need time to learn and plus he is putting in a lot of work he went to the OL mastermind summit that Lane Johnson started over the offseason

Warden

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely agree with the crowd who is calling for Reed getting extended. He had to have graded out as a top 5 DT this year. I believe he ended up with as many sacks as Lawrence from Dallas, who someone in here early in the season was saying was on par with Von Miller & Khalil Mack. I think I heard that Frank Clark & Jarran Reed were the only DL teammates who each registered double digit sacks this year. Could be a very effective duo to build around up front on D.

Reed became the third pure DT in Seahawk history to record double digit sacks. The other two are in the Hall of Fame, Cortez Kennedy and John Randle. Pure DT is a DT that only plays on the inside of the line, not one of these hybrids that bounce from end to tackle frequently

BSUSeahawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely agree with the crowd who is calling for Reed getting extended. He had to have graded out as a top 5 DT this year. I believe he ended up with as many sacks as Lawrence from Dallas, who someone in here early in the season was saying was on par with Von Miller & Khalil Mack. I think I heard that Frank Clark & Jarran Reed were the only DL teammates who each registered double digit sacks this year. Could be a very effective duo to build around up front on D.

I said he is in the same tier as those guys as an edge and I 1000% stand by that. And any system that grades players (i.e. PFF) reflects that as well. His efficiencies are off the charts. And it will be reflected in his contract this off-season.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah it looked like he didn't adjust to Mike Solaris system at all this is what happens when you change coordinators to soon with players. He learned everything from Tom Cable then his very next season has to learn what Solaris system. I wouldn't give up on him players need time to learn and plus he is putting in a lot of work he went to the OL mastermind summit that Lane Johnson started over the offseason

pocic's main problem is strength, he doesnt have it. this was one of the big marks against him when he was drafted and somehow we took him in the 2nd round.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said he is in the same tier as those guys as an edge and I 1000% stand by that. And any system that grades players (i.e. PFF) reflects that as well. His efficiencies are off the charts. And it will be reflected in his contract this off-season.
Not going to argue it again, and I never said Lawrence wasn't a really good player.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pocic's main problem is strength, he doesnt have it. this was one of the big marks against him when he was drafted and somehow we took him in the 2nd round.

If I remember right and had to take a guess he was drafted the same offseason Justin Britt was set to be a free agent and the hawks probably didn't know whether or not he was going to sign. From what I remember he was the starting Center at LSU and I think the hawks really liked how well he played the position because you have to communicate with the QB and know how to read defenses better than anyone else on the line. Both Guard positions you have strong as hell blocking 330 pound DTs which is why he tried putting on all that weight in the offseason. Its an overall tough adjustment for him, its me speculating I could be wrong

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was the uncertainty with Britt's future (he was the first OL second contract in the JS era), and I think another thing they liked about Pocic was his versatility in college. I thought he was "ok" or passable as a rookie but took a downturn this season for sure. Maybe it was difficulty adjusting to the new OL coach's approach. He's so cheap and young that I would be surprised if they didn't give him another season to see if he can improve like Ifedi did this year, but I am also unsure if he fits with what Solari wants to do with his linemen.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WAAAAAAY too early to be giving up on Pocic. I remember when the braintrust in here was ready to give up Britt for a bag of chips and some used sweatsocks.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was the uncertainty with Britt's future (he was the first OL second contract in the JS era), and I think another thing they liked about Pocic was his versatility in college. I thought he was "ok" or passable as a rookie but took a downturn this season for sure. Maybe it was difficulty adjusting to the new OL coach's approach. He's so cheap and young that I would be surprised if they didn't give him another season to see if he can improve like Ifedi did this year, but I am also unsure if he fits with what Solari wants to do with his linemen.

That right there if they can improve ifedi who was a hot mess who lead the national football league in penalties into an acceptable tackle I am sure they can figure something out with Pocic

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i will give solari the benefit of the doubt for sure, im not arguing to ditch pocic just that the guy is low in the strength column compared to the rest of the nfl.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i will give solari the benefit of the doubt for sure, im not arguing to ditch pocic just that the guy is low in the strength column compared to the rest of the nfl.
The low strength thing can at least be worked on unlike height, intelligence, or speed. Strength was a big knock on Christian McCaffrey as well, and he seems to be getting along. Different position but a lot of people still said CM would struggle because of it.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pocic will be fine, Remember he was a center and now is being moved all over the line. He was always a little weak but they can fix that. His issue is getting pushed around a little to much but he will continue to grow. he is 6 foot 6 320, Think about that, his frame could easily handle another 10-15 pounds because he doesn't look all that big. If he can add that in muscle this offseason i think he will be fine, and more time at a single spot. Let him find a home the poor guy is bouncing all over the place and it's not like he has been in the damn league very long. His head has to be spinning.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pocic will be fine, Remember he was a center and now is being moved all over the line. He was always a little weak but they can fix that. His issue is getting pushed around a little to much but he will continue to grow. he is 6 foot 6 320, Think about that, his frame could easily handle another 10-15 pounds because he doesn't look all that big. If he can add that in muscle this offseason i think he will be fine, and more time at a single spot. Let him find a home the poor guy is bouncing all over the place and it's not like he has been in the damn league very long. His head has to be spinning.

I see what you're saying but big guys are soft too... Size doesn't always make a difference... He's doesn't have the mental toughness it takes imo...

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its the offseason. Pocic should be taking massive HGH and living in the gym while the testers aren't hanging around. Get as strong as possible then stop the supplements before camp.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But don't get caught, we'll turn on you then!

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3