• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Good Season

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every year the Pats make it back to the Super Bowl (so basically every year), I think about how much joy I could take from the Pats's success if idiot Bevell hadn't called a slant pass in XLIX.

It would be totally different living in New England for this era of success had Seattle not blown their shot against the dynasty.

If we ran Lynch and he fumbled, people would be questioning why we didn't pass with the poor statistics Lynch had at converting a 1 yard run into a TD at the GL... They would've said, we have a great QB, put the ball in his hands in that situation...

I don't have any issue with the call... With Lynch's stats near the GL, we stood a 43% chance of scoring a TD w/ Lynch down there so i can understand why called a pass play...

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you can root for two teams (Patriots/Steelers) that beat our Seahawks in the SB? With the way we lost both of those games? I couldn't find myself to root for them...

i wouldnt root for them if they were playing our team, but against division rivals? yes.

MKHawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we ran Lynch and he fumbled, people would be questioning why we didn't pass with the poor statistics Lynch had at converting a 1 yard run into a TD at the GL... They would've said, we have a great QB, put the ball in his hands in that situation...

I don't have any issue with the call... With Lynch's stats near the GL, we stood a 43% chance of scoring a TD w/ Lynch down there so i can understand why called a pass play...

I don't want to drag this thread into the familiar abyss, but I didn't say if Bevell hadn't called a pass, I said if Bevell hadn't called a slant pass. I have no problem with the decision to pass on 2nd down in that game.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great game today. Not enough but you won't have to go through a painful rebuilding process.
Congrats on an unexpectedly great year. Next year will be more fun.

I respect the heck out of what that Pats defense did in the Super Bowl, that was some good azz defense .... Competiton committee is trying to figure out how to stop that next year, watch ... Seems like everytime there is a dominant defensive game on the big stage, rules follow ....