• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

good read on Cowboys 2014 Salary cap

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can apologize for being COMPLETELY wrong NETS!

And the article said more then just Romo needs to restructure. So in your haste to rip me you now have found out that I was COMPLETELY right and you were COMPLETELY wrong.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lee is an excellent LBer and I'd love him to be an Eagle cause he is miles better then any LBer we have but 50 mill for a LB isn't good cap strategy.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Desean has never been arrested or done any of the stuff Dez has. You have to be completely biased to think Dez is less of a numb nut then Desean. Come on.... be for real.

Next, you need to chill Nets. My mistake on the amount of years they gave Marion but you are saying Im a dumb ass for thinking Dallas has consistently have cap problems. Thats just stupid. Im talking football and you get your panties in a wad and start attacking me and others try to add that Dez is less of a thug then Desean Jackson. Jesus you guys. Attack me for saying Dallas doesnt know how to manage the cap and the entire thread is about how Dallas has salary cap issues. THe Eagles did give Westbrook 24 million.... that I know. And I see now that Westbrooks was over 6 years. So I was right all along. Westy got 6 years 25 million and Barber got double what an All Pro RB got. So I guess you're wrong Nets.

And it seems like Dallas still hasnt gotten it giving a consistently injured LB 50 million. See I guess Ill be a little baby and bring that up to act like you guys. Desean is more of a thug then Dez. Yeeeah, OK!

I never said you were a dumb ass, not my style to name call. Also you are wrong yet again, Westbrook had a 5 year extension to with a year remaining on his rookie deal, so not a six year deal at all on 5 years. In other news, I was never wrong, I pointed out the fact that you were wrong, said I did not know about Brook's contract, but if your numbers were correct which they weren't Mr 4 years 24 million, than he and Barber averaged about the same. Finally just because you don't go to jail doesn't mean that you are any less of a thug than the next person; and to think so is pure ignorance, if that was the case the thugs that use to freely hang African American's were just and righteous, and the Syrian Army that kills their own are just and righteous, because by your standards they are okay since they are not going to jail. I'm done with this conversation, because I like to have conversations that are intelligent and fact based, when in reality this conversation by you is hardly that. Get it together bro and then we can talk. Oh please don't take it personal as I am not attempting to belittle you.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can apologize for being COMPLETELY wrong NETS!

And the article said more then just Romo needs to restructure. So in your haste to rip me you now have found out that I was COMPLETELY right and you were COMPLETELY wrong.

Lol as I said I'm done talking to you. It would be insane for me to argue with someone like you, it's like a dog chasing its' own tail, or a person getting on its' hands and knees to bark back at a dog for barking, pointless.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lee is an excellent LBer and I'd love him to be an Eagle cause he is miles better then any LBer we have but 50 mill for a LB isn't good cap strategy.
well I guess in a few years I will just wait for you to tell us we were lucky Lee worked out, instead admitting it was a good signing.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tell any team with a Pro Bowl LB'er that than, example SF twice, Texans, Ravens, Browns, just to name a few. BTW once again wrong again the contract is for 42MM over 6 years.

Sean Lee Contracts, Salaries, Cap Hits, & Transactions

I'm done though on that note seriously.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

PE1, why do I get the feeling that if you had Lee and the Eagles lost him because they only offered him 49M you's throw a hissy fit?

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If the Eagles had signed Lee for $50 million, you'd have spunked your shorts

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said you were a dumb ass, not my style to name call. Also you are wrong yet again, Westbrook had a 5 year extension to with a year remaining on his rookie deal, so not a six year deal at all on 5 years. In other news, I was never wrong, I pointed out the fact that you were wrong, said I did not know about Brook's contract, but if your numbers were correct which they weren't Mr 4 years 24 million, than he and Barber averaged about the same. Finally just because you don't go to jail doesn't mean that you are any less of a thug than the next person; and to think so is pure ignorance, if that was the case the thugs that use to freely hang African American's were just and righteous, and the Syrian Army that kills their own are just and righteous, because by your standards they are okay since they are not going to jail. I'm done with this conversation, because I like to have conversations that are intelligent and fact based, when in reality this conversation by you is hardly that. Get it together bro and then we can talk. Oh please don't take it personal as I am not attempting to belittle you.

Even though his rookie contract was erased it was still 6 years for 26 million. Then you try to act like Im in the dark saying Marion got 48 million but infact it was slightly less. I still dont see how my point doesnt make sense. One team signs an all pro for 6 years at 25 million and one signs a player who rushed for 800 yards 6 years, 40 something million. The point is still standing. Dallas over pays free agents.

I recently read an article on Desean Jackson and how he worked incredibly hard to make it as an undersized pro. He embraces the hip hop community and acts like a jerk on the field but you simply can't compare him to Dez. Thats just assinine. You act like my point is completely off because I get a year or a few digits off their salary wrong but you are avoiding the point. The point is Dallas over pays.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well I guess in a few years I will just wait for you to tell us we were lucky Lee worked out, instead admitting it was a good signing.

He is an excellent player and I understand giving big money to OLB but he isnt one and most of the salary cap conscoius teams would NEVER give an interior LB HUGE money deals. Giving Ware huge money to play OLB makes sense. But interior LB are a dime a dozen. Great player... too much cash.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Eagles had signed Lee for $50 million, you'd have spunked your shorts

I'd be pissed. I'd rather use that money on resigning our current players or giving to a LT, DE, QB or a star CB. He is an excellent player but we'd lose other players at more important positions giving away HUGE contracts to ILBs.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tell any team with a Pro Bowl LB'er that than, example SF twice, Texans, Ravens, Browns, just to name a few. BTW once again wrong again the contract is for 42MM over 6 years.

Sean Lee Contracts, Salaries, Cap Hits, & Transactions

I'm done though on that note seriously.

You consistenlt try to evade the point by stating Im clueless because I get the exact figure wrong. You try and dismiss me by bring up pointless facts and not addressing what Im really saying. The Cowboys over pay ad wind up in salary cap hell because if it. Your argument skills are arbitrary and capricious.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sean Lee is not a "dime a dozen" player. you can't shoe horn every player into the same category because they play the same position. He is young, a stud, a leader, plays every down at an A+ level, on the verge of being a perennial ALL Pro player and plays the game like you want others too. We got a bargain and he will be underpaid by the end of his contract. Only question with Sean Lee was the injuries so far. I'd hate to see us try to play this defense without he and Carter. to your point...yes the Cowboys overpay. Don;'t we all know and complain about that? But, I'd rather "overpay" and keep Lee, than underpay and watch someone else give him the contract.

All that being said, I was a little surprised to see him get the player of the game award.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sean Lee is not a "dime a dozen" player. you can't shoe horn every player into the same category because they play the same position. He is young, a stud, a leader, plays every down at an A+ level, on the verge of being a perennial ALL Pro player and plays the game like you want others too. We got a bargain and he will be underpaid by the end of his contract. Only question with Sean Lee was the injuries so far. I'd hate to see us try to play this defense without he and Carter. to your point...yes the Cowboys overpay. Don;'t we all know and complain about that? But, I'd rather "overpay" and keep Lee, than underpay and watch someone else give him the contract.

All that being said, I was a little surprised to see him get the player of the game award.

The problem here is I don't think any of us, including myself said that Jerry has not overpaid for players in the past, but he has done a much better job as of recent to cut back on that. The problem here is hindsight with the contracts that Jerry gave out.

The Roy Williams WR contract was an average number one WR contract which is what we believed we got in the trade.

The Roy Williams SS contract was one that was on par with how a top safety was to be paid at the time, which is what this guy was when he signed.

The TNew deal was that of a pro bowl CB which is what TNew was at the time.

The Barber contract, everyone wanted the guy and was willing to pay him as well as he was a pro bowl RB that year which most suggested would be a top 5 RB in the NFL soon.

The problem here is not that Jerry overpaid these players at the time, it's that Jerry overpaid these players and others due to the fact they did not work out, but when the contracts were given they were right on par with what league average was. The ONLY reason it looks as if Jerry over pays players is due to the fact that in large part in the recent PAST these numerous players who were performing at a extremely high level at the time did not perform at that same level once getting their new deals.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I don't think any of us, including myself said that Jerry has not overpaid for players in the past, but he has done a much better job as of recent to cut back on that. The problem here is hindsight with the contracts that Jerry gave out"

That is true but then again we are talking about PE1 here. What is it, 5/6 years now with some type of drama? This is just this years version.

and PE1.....don't be upset just because Nets said anyone but you to win the pick um. I told you that "KING" stuff was way over the top

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even though his rookie contract was erased it was still 6 years for 26 million. Then you try to act like Im in the dark saying Marion got 48 million but infact it was slightly less. I still dont see how my point doesnt make sense. One team signs an all pro for 6 years at 25 million and one signs a player who rushed for 800 yards 6 years, 40 something million. The point is still standing. Dallas over pays free agents.

I recently read an article on Desean Jackson and how he worked incredibly hard to make it as an undersized pro. He embraces the hip hop community and acts like a jerk on the field but you simply can't compare him to Dez. Thats just assinine. You act like my point is completely off because I get a year or a few digits off their salary wrong but you are avoiding the point. The point is Dallas over pays.

Sources: Philadelphia Eagles RB Brian Westbrook a free agent after 2010 - ESPN tell John Clayton he is wrong too while you are at it. Like I said I'm done talking to you and your opinions! Both players signed to deals that paid them an average of about 6.5MM a season. Brook got a 5 year extension for 32 million not a 6 year deal for 26 million. You took the ball and ran with it like a cat and a yarn ball, I never said anything about Jerry not overpaying in the past, what I did do is point out the errors in your statements such as the numbers, you acted as if Brook was getting paid an average of 6 million a year for being an All Pro Stud and Barber was making an average of 10 million a year after only having 800 yards (which by the way the man had just made the Pro Bowl with only 204 carries for 975 yards 10 td's with a 4.8 YPC average, not to mention everyone wanted the guy at the time, which also btw was the same YPC average as Brook that year and was also 3 more TD's than Brook rushing in 74 less carries that season) to justify your blindly written opinion that Jerry overpaid and does so often. Face it, you are wrong, dead wrong! Don't argue that only makes you look worse. If you want to be completely honest let the truth be known that neither players lived up to their new contracts as Brook only saw 2 years of the deal producing a whopping 294 carries for 1210 yards and 10 tds in 2 seasons after that, where as Barber lasted 3 seasons 565 carries 2,191 yards and 18 tds in 3 seasons, which by a yearly total average MB3 out produced Brook and therefore was better value of a contract than Brook was. Now I know that this is logical and it may be hard for you to follow, but please try to.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I don't think any of us, including myself said that Jerry has not overpaid for players in the past, but he has done a much better job as of recent to cut back on that. The problem here is hindsight with the contracts that Jerry gave out"

That is true but then again we are talking about PE1 here. What is it, 5/6 years now with some type of drama? This is just this years version.

and PE1.....don't be upset just because Nets said anyone but you to win the pick um. I told you that "KING" stuff was way over the top

I truly hope he isn't mad over my pickem post. You're right though, new day same ish, although I'm not about to continue to get into it with him on this, not my style.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are butt hurt that I called myself the King after I won the pick em league. Jeezus. If you did it inreverse after winning I'd just laugh. Boy, Im a horrific poster cause I called myself the King after winning the pick em league.

My posts have nothing to do with drama and EVERYTHING to do with an Eagle fan criticizing some of the few weaknesses of the Cowboys. The TRUTH is Marion Barber got a shit load of money after being the 26th ranked RB in yards. That was a horrific statement. Then you go to post how it was OK for Dallas to give players huge contracts even if they didnt work out. But if the Eagles did it, then its bad. You insults and claiming I have no idea what Im talking about are COMPLETELY off point. Even though you keep saying Im wrong, that doesnt mean its true. Any objective fan reading these posts would complete understand my point about Dallas giving HUGE numbers to everyone. You cant do that in the NFL. It leads to situations like last year where you couldnt add anyone of significance. I use one example of how Dallas gives Marion Barber waaaay more money then an All Pro RB and you nit pick at the numbers think that my entire point is irrelevant. I was saying Dallas over pays and used Westy as one example and somehow it turns into bashing me for being a drama queen, or a Desean Jackson bash thread.

Want me to tell you the difference between me and you. If you came on the Eagles board and said the Eagles were friggin COMPLETE morons for not addressing their shitty D in the first two rounds I'd reply, "You have a strong point and it should be questioned". You guys cant do it because you think if I bring up one weakness then Im insulting you personally and it turns into, "Youre a drama Queen, Desean Jackson is a thug thread". What the Eagles front office do or dont do has no impact on who I am but it seems like you guys think the Cowboys are a reflection of you... which they are not.

I predicted Dallas to win. I predicted Dallas to win the division. I predicted Dez Bryant to have a TREMENDOUS year. I said the Eagles D is putrid. But if I post that the Cowboys over pay on one thread then all you guys come out crying, "Youre a drama queen, you called yourself the King, Desean Jackson is a worse person the Dez." Jesus guys, one cant mention any weaknesses on your team with out all of that. Friggin SAD that you think the Cowboys have ANYTHING to do with you. All it takes is for me to say "Dallas over pays, for example......" and you get so completely defensive. Jesus, chill out.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are butt hurt that I called myself the King after I won the pick em league. Jeezus. If you did it inreverse after winning I'd just laugh. Boy, Im a horrific poster cause I called myself the King after winning the pick em league.

My posts have nothing to do with drama and EVERYTHING to do with an Eagle fan criticizing some of the few weaknesses of the Cowboys. The TRUTH is Marion Barber got a shit load of money after being the 26th ranked RB in yards. That was a horrific statement. Then you go to post how it was OK for Dallas to give players huge contracts even if they didnt work out. But if the Eagles did it, then its bad. You insults and claiming I have no idea what Im talking about are COMPLETELY off point. Even though you keep saying Im wrong, that doesnt mean its true. Any objective fan reading these posts would complete understand my point about Dallas giving HUGE numbers to everyone. You cant do that in the NFL. It leads to situations like last year where you couldnt add anyone of significance. I use one example of how Dallas gives Marion Barber waaaay more money then an All Pro RB and you nit pick at the numbers think that my entire point is irrelevant. I was saying Dallas over pays and used Westy as one example and somehow it turns into bashing me for being a drama queen, or a Desean Jackson bash thread.

Want me to tell you the difference between me and you. If you came on the Eagles board and said the Eagles were friggin COMPLETE morons for not addressing their shitty D in the first two rounds I'd reply, "You have a strong point and it should be questioned". You guys cant do it because you think if I bring up one weakness then Im insulting you personally and it turns into, "Youre a drama Queen, Desean Jackson is a thug thread". What the Eagles front office do or dont do has no impact on who I am but it seems like you guys think the Cowboys are a reflection of you... which they are not.

I predicted Dallas to win. I predicted Dallas to win the division. I predicted Dez Bryant to have a TREMENDOUS year. I said the Eagles D is putrid. But if I post that the Cowboys over pay on one thread then all you guys come out crying, "Youre a drama queen, you called yourself the King, Desean Jackson is a worse person the Dez." Jesus guys, one cant mention any weaknesses on your team with out all of that. Friggin SAD that you think the Cowboys have ANYTHING to do with you. All it takes is for me to say "Dallas over pays, for example......" and you get so completely defensive. Jesus, chill out.

To say I am in my feelings, or that I am being defensive, means you have not paid attention to anything I have posted the last five plus years since you have started posting. I don't get caught up in those type of things. I am saying you are wrong, you think you are right, fine your opinion. You now attempt to bring up how Barber was ranked what 26th that year in yards, yet you don't mention how for most of the first half of the season he was a backup to Julius Jones, that he only had 204 carries, and that he had the same yards per carry as Brook did that year and 3 more tds in 70+ less attempts. I'm done with this convo though man, it has gone all the way wrong, because you are reading far into it, I am saying you are wrong, not belittling you or getting offended. Philly looks good congrats, enjoy your game dude.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THey do look good tonight but I try not to get too high with the wins or too low with the losses. We started out 3-1 last year and you know what happened over the next 12. THe O looks like it could be top 10 but I still am not confident in the D. All I know is BlueJerseyJinx is wrong in thinking we are the worst team in the NFL. Im still saying 7-9 but they are good enough to be no where near the worst team in the NFL.