• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

good read on Cowboys 2014 Salary cap

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blogging The Boys, a Dallas Cowboys fan community under revisiting the 2014 Salary Cap. I'm not as sharp on numbers and contracts as a few guys in this forum....Though these numbers are alarming they don't seem to cripple the franchise like it has been noted from other cap guys from other teams. Not ideal but manageable. Nothing to be excited about is an understatement though.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blogging The Boys, a Dallas Cowboys fan community under revisiting the 2014 Salary Cap. I'm not as sharp on numbers and contracts as a few guys in this forum....Though these numbers are alarming they don't seem to cripple the franchise like it has been noted from other cap guys from other teams. Not ideal but manageable. Nothing to be excited about is an understatement though.

Can you post the direct link as the link you have posted takes me to the front page. Thanks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nevermind found the article. Good read and exactly what I have been saying all along. We will be fine, however I will hold off on the Rat cut until I see him play this season. We will see, but other than that the author of the article and I agree.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you post the direct link as the link you have posted takes me to the front page. Thanks

For those who don't want to search for the article. Sory Snook if I stole your thunder. But if Nets had to look for I'm sure some others will have a hard time trying to find it.
Revisiting the 2014 Cowboys Salary Cap Situation - Blogging The Boys

I really hope the goes up more than the writer is looking as the cap. I really hope we will not have to redo Romo's contract next season.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those who don't want to search for the article. Sory Snook if I stole your thunder. But if Nets had to look for I'm sure some others will have a hard time trying to find it.
Revisiting the 2014 Cowboys Salary Cap Situation - Blogging The Boys

I really hope the goes up more than the writer is looking as the cap. I really hope we will not have to redo Romo's contract next season.

No matter how much it goes up we will have to redo his contract next season. What the writer fails to point out is we still have to sign Dez, smith, carter, and Murray. So lets pray it goes up more, and that we can use the romo restructure to sign those deals rather than to fill our roster.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My apologies fellas my computer etiquette sucks. I'm not the most computer savvy guy out there.:dunce:

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All those scenarios are IF the players agree to restructure. It doesnt talk about the money it will cost to replace all those players that will be cut unless Dallas plans on going with a 46 man roster instead of the normal 53. So all that has to happen just to break pretty much even. In his scenario Dallas is left with 10 million to sign next years rookies, have a 47 man roster and 5 million to redo Dez, DeMarco and others.

Even though this sounds like a HORRIFIC cap space number to be in, somehow it never stops Jerry. No way he loses Dez even though it seems like Dallas has no money to give him. I always take cap #s with a grain of salt because it doesnt ever seem to really demolish teams. Im banking on Dez having an insane season. Is Dez coming into next year with 1700+ yards and 15 TDs under his belt and willing to risk his financial career on the one year left on his contract. Most stars wont play out the final season of their rookie contract on a 2-3 million dollar salary. Will Dez agree to being paid 2 million knowing if his kness gets ripped off he is screwed for life. I doubt it.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lastly, Jerry needs to hire a capologist. I remember the year Brian Westbrook went All Pro and had over 2000 combined yard Philly gave him a 4 year 24 million dollar extension. THat same season Jerry gave Marion Barber a 4 year 48 million dollar contract. How, why would Jerry give Marion double what an All Pro RB got? You have to give it to Jerry though, and this is something he doesnt get credit for as the GM but he is loyal to his players.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lastly, Jerry needs to hire a capologist. I remember the year Brian Westbrook went All Pro and had over 2000 combined yard Philly gave him a 4 year 24 million dollar extension. THat same season Jerry gave Marion Barber a 4 year 48 million dollar contract. How, why would Jerry give Marion double what an All Pro RB got? You have to give it to Jerry though, and this is something he doesnt get credit for as the GM but he is loyal to his players.

First off stop making shit up bro, either you are starting shit, or you are getting Alzheimer's. The Barber contract was seven years 45MM 16MM guaranteed. Which averages out to about 6.5MM a season. Which by chance if the numbers you gave on Westbrook (which I doubt) are correct than the average is about even per season.

Second please leave the COWBOYS cap alone as you have no idea what is going on with it when you say "if a player agrees to restructure" it has been written into Romo's contract that if the team needs to restructure that they can, this is the reason they added the two years at the end with no guaranteed money so they could do so.

Third why would a player not restructure even if they did not have it in their contract? You do realize that any restructure turns from money that is not guaranteed to money that is guaranteed an is paid immediately out to the player immediately rather than through the season weekly. In other words it is to the players benefit to restructure.

Fourth don't worry Stephen is the capologist. He knows more about the cap than anyone on this board, or anyone that covers the Cowboys. In other words we will be just fine worry about the Eagles.

Last edited by a moderator:

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off stop making shit up bro, either you are starting shit, or you are getting Alzheimer's. The Barber contract was seven years 45MM 16MM guaranteed. Which averages out to about 6.5MM a season. Which by chance if the numbers you gave on Westbrook (which I doubt) are correct than the average is about even per season.

Second please leave the COWBOYS cap alone as you have no idea what is going on with it when you say "if a player agrees to restructure" it has been written into Romo's contract that if the team needs to restructure that they can, this is the reason they added the two years at the end with no guaranteed money so they could do so.

Third why would a player not restructure even if they did not have it in their contract? You do realize that any restructure turns from money that is not guaranteed to money that is guaranteed an is paid immediately out to the player immediately rather than through the season weekly. In other words it is to the players benefit to restructure.

Fourth don't worry Stephen is the capologist. He knows more about the cap than anyone on this board, or anyone that covers the Cowboys. In other words we will be just fine worry about the Eagles.
I don't know Netsgotbanned I think you could give S. Jones a run for his money :nod: :heh:

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know Netsgotbanned I think you could give S. Jones a run for his money :nod: :heh:

Thanks bro, but I'll be the first to say that S.J. Is a very intelligent man when it comes to finances and budget, something completely opposite of his dad. I would probably have to spend an entire offseason dedicated purely to the new CBA and the cap itself, studying, reading, and researching to even be in his level, the man knows his stuff bro trust me. However if the team ever wants to hire me ill be all for it (of course with proper compensation lol).

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fifth worry about this idiot getting blowed six hours ago the weekend before a game.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 79

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope this doesn't affect his play...he's on my fantasy squad.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope this doesn't affect his play...he's on my fantasy squad.

It's an early game tomorrow at 6:55pm est, he's probably hung over today. We will see, I can't stand the guy to be honest.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's an early game tomorrow at 6:55pm est, he's probably hung over today. We will see, I can't stand the guy to be honest.

That makes two of us ........ A greedy waste of talent

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That makes two of us ........ A greedy waste of talent

I mean honestly as much gripe as Dez who was at the time 22 got for being immature, this guy tops him in every manner, and sad thing is djax is 27 in Dec and it doesn't look like he is even close to getting it or understanding that he is a business man representing his brand. Pure clown if you ask me.

apratt21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea if I had to pick one of the two to date my daughter I'd be picken Desi. The lesser of the two thugs.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean honestly as much gripe as Dez who was at the time 22 got for being immature, this guy tops him in every manner, and sad thing is djax is 27 in Dec and it doesn't look like he is even close to getting it or understanding that he is a business man representing his brand. Pure clown if you ask me.

Outside of slapping mama with a hat, when she got in the middle of a brother on brother argument, what has Dez done wrong. Lied to the NCAA about a Dinner. Hey he wasn't selling autographs or jerseys. Sagging in a mall. Look around America, it happening everywhere. And it's not just teenagers. In Vegas you can see guys who look nearly 30 sagging. Bought lots of Jewelry on a future NFL contract. The stuff Dez gets shit for is minor compared to what many other players are doing.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Desean has never been arrested or done any of the stuff Dez has. You have to be completely biased to think Dez is less of a numb nut then Desean. Come on.... be for real.

Next, you need to chill Nets. My mistake on the amount of years they gave Marion but you are saying Im a dumb ass for thinking Dallas has consistently have cap problems. Thats just stupid. Im talking football and you get your panties in a wad and start attacking me and others try to add that Dez is less of a thug then Desean Jackson. Jesus you guys. Attack me for saying Dallas doesnt know how to manage the cap and the entire thread is about how Dallas has salary cap issues. THe Eagles did give Westbrook 24 million.... that I know. And I see now that Westbrooks was over 6 years. So I was right all along. Westy got 6 years 25 million and Barber got double what an All Pro RB got. So I guess you're wrong Nets.

And it seems like Dallas still hasnt gotten it giving a consistently injured LB 50 million. See I guess Ill be a little baby and bring that up to act like you guys. Desean is more of a thug then Dez. Yeeeah, OK!

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Desean has never been arrested or done any of the stuff Dez has. You have to be completely biased to think Dez is less of a numb nut then Desean. Come on.... be for real.

Next, you need to chill Nets. My mistake on the amount of years they gave Marion but you are saying Im a dumb ass for thinking Dallas has consistently have cap problems. Thats just stupid. Im talking football and you get your panties in a wad and start attacking me and others try to add that Dez is less of a thug then Desean Jackson. Jesus you guys. Attack me for saying Dallas doesnt know how to manage the cap and the entire thread is about how Dallas has salary cap issues. THe Eagles did give Westbrook 24 million.... that I know. And I see now that Westbrooks was over 6 years. So I was right all along. Westy got 6 years 25 million and Barber got double what an All Pro RB got. So I guess you're wrong Nets.

And it seems like Dallas still hasnt gotten it giving a consistently injured LB 50 million. See I guess Ill be a little baby and bring that up to act like you guys. Desean is more of a thug then Dez. Yeeeah, OK!
dude Sean lee's Contract is very team friendly. That is money well spent