• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Good Job McCann

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Loved the fact he never let Carlos Gomez touch home and got in his face for the way he was acting. That's was the best defense of home plate i've ever seen. tip of the hat Mr McCann.

I was fuming when I saw that. That dude is a mental midget and a little bitch.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's because he has history with Maholm.

Atlanta was right to be pissed, and Gomez started it, but McCann escalated it. You don't block the plate. The guy hit a legit HR. Let him touch home, then pop him in the mouth.

Wtf are you talking about? He talked shit all the way around the bases. Fuck that dude.

ImSmartherThanYou

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wtf are you talking about? He talked shit all the way around the bases. Fuck that dude.
Right. That's why I said "Gomez started it". He acted like a child. Every Braves infielder gave him the business going around the bases. The McCann took it a step too far, in my opinion.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right. That's why I said "Gomez started it". He acted like a child. Every Braves infielder gave him the business going around the bases. The McCann took it a step too far, in my opinion.

I just don't think McCann took it too far. If he would've hit him, MAYBE that's too far. The run was going to count no matter what.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One could say that Maholm started it back in June by hitting him with a pitch.

Gomez finished it last night.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So he carried getting hit by a pitch for that long? It's part of the game. If a batter is too close to the plate or his pitcher got hit the previous inning, that shit happens. To carry it for months is pathetic. Did you watch how insane he acted? He's a loose cannon.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An important point was brought up but has been overlooked/ignored.

Atlanta has to be smarter than that. The Braves have post season coming up.

The Brewers can get guys hurt or suspended and it won't mean shit.

The Braves can't.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So he carried getting hit by a pitch for that long? It's part of the game. If a batter is too close to the plate or his pitcher got hit the previous inning, that shit happens. To carry it for months is pathetic. Did you watch how insane he acted? He's a loose cannon.
According to Gomez he feels it was intentional.

"I've been in the league seven years and I know when I get hit on purpose," Gomez said. "I've been hit many times, and I put my head down. I don't make any controversy."

As for the way he acted, there's no rule saying he can't act like that. It was a 1 on 1 situation between pitcher and batter. He has nothing against the Braves, just Maholm.

kev_fan_ATX_80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF... back in the old days teams did not get all upset when someone showboated like this... they simply stare at him a little, but then the next time the guy came up to bat.... "OOPS!! that one got away from me...sorry" the guy had 3 more at bats... use impulse control guys

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"I've been in the league seven years and I know when I get hit on purpose," Gomez said. "I've been hit many times, and I put my head down. I don't make any controversy."

As for the way he acted, there's no rule saying he can't act like that. It was a 1 on 1 situation between pitcher and batter. He has nothing against the Braves, just Maholm.

And as one Brave player said, why show us all up? He took it way too far.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF... back in the old days teams did not get all upset when someone showboated like this... they simply stare at him a little, but then the next time the guy came up to bat.... "OOPS!! that one got away from me...sorry" the guy had 3 more at bats... use impulse control guys
He was ejected from the game after that. If McCann didn't do what he did, then yes......Gomez still has more AB

ImSmartherThanYou

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No, getting hit by pitches is part of the game. If you as a hitter want to get back at the pitcher by hitting one out- as Gomez did- I get that. That makes them even. Just shut up and take your homer and sleep well. Gomez's response "restarted" it.

ImSmartherThanYou

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Intentional or not, you take your base, take the guy deep the next time and go about your business.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, getting hit by pitches is part of the game. If you as a hitter want to get back at the pitcher by hitting one out- as Gomez did- I get that. That makes them even. Just shut up and take your homer and sleep well. Gomez's response "restarted" it.

Wow, I finally agree with you.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And as one Brave player said, why show us all up? He took it way too far.
He was yapping at Maholm up the 1st base line. Freddie Freeman (1B) then said shit to him as he rounded first base. Gomez proceeded to say shit back.

Not sure how he showed up the whole Braves team.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was ejected from the game after that. If McCann didn't do what he did, then yes......Gomez still has more AB

They should've just let Gomez do his thing, then brought Kimbrel in for his next at bat and blasted a hole through his rib cage. I mean, getting hit by Maholm and his 48 mph fastball can't be THAT bad.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was yapping at Maholm up the 1st base line. Freddie Freeman (1B) then said shit to him as he rounded first base. Gomez proceeded to say shit back.

Not sure how he showed up the whole Braves team.

Freeman said and I quote "act like you've been here before." He wasn't out of line.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, I think it was a douche move. Gomez is a child and needs to grow up, but blocking home plate when the guy hit a home run? Lame.

That's because he has history with Maholm.

Atlanta was right to be pissed, and Gomez started it, but McCann escalated it. You don't block the plate. The guy hit a legit HR. Let him touch home, then pop him in the mouth.

I can't believe it! I agree with ImStupidherThanYou!!! :omg:

He's right. Every sentence.

He hadn't forgotten being hit by Maholm for no damn reason at all. He was intense and jawing with Maholm and McCann before and during the a/b and when he hit that homer he just got carried away.

So please don't tell me that McCann had a right to make the situation worse. Two wrongs make a right? Bullshit!

No one needs Brian McCann to "protect" home plate. :rollseyes: Gomez should have decked his ass, touched home plate and walked off. Instead, he didn't have to because the umps correctly recognized that McCann interfered.

And good for Gomez for his stand-up comments after the game. McCann? He's still locked in the restroom torn to fucking shreds throwing a childish tantrum. Someone try to get him out of there.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Atlanta Braves team are whiny little bitches. Get over it. This happened with Jose Fernandez also. How can you get so butt hurt over a pitcher hitting a homer?

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some may, not me. If it was the other way around I'd be just as pissed at whichever Braves player acted like that as I was at Gomez. No place for that in the game, I don't care who you play for.

I'm not buying it, especially when you consider the HBP.

"That catcher is a punkass bitch." bamabear82 if the tables were turned.