• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Good Job McCann

mcro_rave_2001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Loved the fact he never let Carlos Gomez touch home and got in his face for the way he was acting. That's was the best defense of home plate i've ever seen. tip of the hat Mr McCann.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gomez is such a little punk bitch. Not that most of you didn't already know that.

gunnarthor

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was hilarious. The strangest part to me was that it wasn't like Gomez really crushed it. It was like 5 rows deep. Yet he hung out at home admiring it.

He's crazy. I loved his craziness when he was a Twin but I think Atlanta was right on this.

ImSmartherThanYou

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, I think it was a douche move. Gomez is a child and needs to grow up, but blocking home plate when the guy hit a home run? Lame.

ImSmartherThanYou

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was hilarious. The strangest part to me was that it wasn't like Gomez really crushed it. It was like 5 rows deep. Yet he hung out at home admiring it.

He's crazy. I loved his craziness when he was a Twin but I think Atlanta was right on this.
That's because he has history with Maholm.

Atlanta was right to be pissed, and Gomez started it, but McCann escalated it. You don't block the plate. The guy hit a legit HR. Let him touch home, then pop him in the mouth.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's because he has history with Maholm.

Atlanta was right to be pissed, and Gomez started it, but McCann escalated it. You don't block the plate. The guy hit a legit HR. Let him touch home, then pop him in the mouth.

Fuck that. He didn't deserve the benefit of shit after acting like that, legit HR or not.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
next time up (even if Gomez is not facing the Braves) he deserves to get beamed

ImSmartherThanYou

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck that. He didn't deserve the benefit of shit after acting like that, legit HR or not.
Oh please. Guys stare at home runs every single game and it's really not a big deal at the end of the day. His barking at Maholm was bush, but standing in the guy's way so he can't touch home is REALLY bush.

ImSmartherThanYou

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
next time up (even if Gomez is not facing the Braves) he deserves to get beamed
That's what started the whole thing. Gomez got all hot and bothered about a HBP earlier in the year and was exacting his "revenge".

Is it me, or do Dominican players seem to have a real issue getting hit by pitches? Even unintentionally. They seem to overreact to it. Not all obviously, but it seems to be a common trend.

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gimme a break...if it were the other way around Brave fans would be bashing the catcher left and right for escalating it.

It's like that with most fans of all teams....'our guy did everything right, the other team was at 100% fault'

Last edited by a moderator:

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh please. Guys stare at home runs every single game and it's really not a big deal at the end of the day. His barking at Maholm was bush, but standing in the guy's way so he can't touch home is REALLY bush.

You disagreeing isn't changing my stance on the subject as mine isn't changing yours, agree to disagree. Gomez is a bitch and got treated like one, I wouldn't have it any other way.

ImSmartherThanYou

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You disagreeing isn't changing my stance on the subject as mine isn't changing yours, agree to disagree. Gomez is a bitch and got treated like one, I wouldn't have it any other way.
I agree Gomez is a bitch. Never disputed that. I'm not defending his actions in any way.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gimme a break...if it were the other way around Brave fans would be bashing the catcher left and right for escalating it.

Some may, not me. If it was the other way around I'd be just as pissed at whichever Braves player acted like that as I was at Gomez. No place for that in the game, I don't care who you play for.

Tacoma_canuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
A little bit of hot dogging when he first hit the ball would have been fine and maybe just saying to McCann,"that's for him hitting me". But all that yapping and pointing going around the bases was the most immature thing I've seen in quite a while. I'm glad McCann stuck up for his pitcher, though. I don't know if blocking the plate serves any good and it is a little childish too but honestly, there was no doubt a melee would happen when Gomez was doing all the yapping. At least he apologized later on but that may have been his superiors telling him to. If I was catching, I would have yelled over to the Brewers bench that their "boi" was gonna get popped in the mouth and I wouldn't have been talking when he got to home. Woulda been knocking his teeth out first and talked later. Of course, I grew up playing hockey. Why can't these punk ass children learn to just stfu?

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Acting like what? Is there a rule that you have act a certain way after hitting a HR? It's ok that Maholm purposely hit him earlier in the season? Gomez got the last laugh.

Plus.....he should have ran over McCann's ass.

hatcher3333

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCann should have tackled him a step before home plate and said, "not in my house"!

mcro_rave_2001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i liked the move because it's not a homerun unless you touch all 4 bases. In the books it's going to go down as a homerun but we all know it wasn't. Gomez didn't deserve to touch home plate for the way he acted and that is what made this move so great.

hatcher3333

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Acting like what? Is there a rule that you have act a certain way after hitting a HR? It's ok that Maholm purposely hit him earlier in the season? Gomez got the last laugh.

Plus.....he should have ran over McCann's ass.

if he tried that he would have gotten hurt.

ImSmartherThanYou

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i liked the move because it's not a homerun unless you touch all 4 bases. In the books it's going to go down as a homerun but we all know it wasn't. Gomez didn't deserve to touch home plate for the way he acted and that is what made this move so great.

We all know it wasn't? You don't speak for me. It was a home run no matter how you slice it. You might want to look into the rules for interference.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if he tried that he would have gotten hurt.
Could have, but then again the off season is coming soon for him.

ATL is lucky they didn't have a starting position player hurt yesterday. They have much more to lose than any Milwaukee player at this time.