• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Good chance team name gets changed per report.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crying “woke” is stupid. “Woke” didnt cause snyder to change the name. MONEY caused Snyder to change the name.

Snyder’s minority partners threatened snyder with selling therir part of the team, the sponsors were backing out, and Snyder was already in legal trouble.

Facing the prospect of losing all of that money, Snyder - who we all know by now is disingenuous and lacking of integrity - changed the name.

It backfired.

Dan resigned.

Its the same tactic that the “woke” fighters fully embrace when boycotting Bud Light for whatever dumb reason they do that.

Cant have your cake and eat it too.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crying “woke” is stupid. “Woke” didnt cause snyder to change the name. MONEY caused Snyder to change the name.

Snyder’s minority partners threatened snyder with selling therir part of the team, the sponsors were backing out, and Snyder was already in legal trouble.

Facing the prospect of losing all of that money, Snyder - who we all know by now is disingenuous and lacking of integrity - changed the name.

It backfired.

Dan resigned.

Its the same tactic that the “woke” fighters fully embrace when boycotting Bud Light for whatever dumb reason they do that.

Cant have your cake and eat it too.
the whole movement was wokeism period

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The word is viewed by many as a racial slur. It doesn't matter if that is what it originally meant, which it didn't.

Sorry but I disagree. Personally speaking, most if not all my co workers and family members found the term as derogatory and offensive.

Only by the ignorant. The term was coined by the native Americans. If they find the term a slur, they need to learn context.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only by the ignorant. The term was coined by the native Americans. If they find the term a slur, they need to learn context.
Names and meanings change all the time. That is a fact. The term woke itself has changed from its original context of blacks being 'aware" of unsafe and potentially hostile environments in the jim crow south.

Same with the word gay...it means something completely different than what it originally meant.

Word meanings change. The term "redskin" is now viewed as a derogatory term amoung many people..including native Americans themselves. Having known some native Americans in my life, i would never call them that to their face ever or say the term in their presence. Not all native americans are offended by the term, but some clearly are now.

I doubt anyone would do that. The bottom line in the name is viewed as offensive to some...no matter what it originally meant. This is simply a fact regardless if the fans agree with it or not.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Names and meanings change all the time. That is a fact. The term woke itself has changed from its original context of blacks being 'aware" of unsafe and potentially hostile environments in the jim crow south.

Same with the word gay...it means something completely different than what it originally meant.

Word meanings change. The term "redskin" is now viewed as a derogatory term amoung many people..including native Americans themselves. Having known some native Americans in my life, i would never call them that to their face ever or say the term in their presence. Not all native americans are offended by the term, but some clearly are now.

I doubt anyone would do that. The bottom line in the name is viewed as offensive to some...no matter what it originally meant. This is simply a fact regardless if the fans agree with it or not.
Key word .... SOME .... I am not some and my opinion matters too.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Key word .... SOME .... I am not some and my opinion matters too.
I agree...that us true.

Unless you are a native american, which you might be, then their voice has more weight in the matter than non native Americans.

For the record, I don't think most native Americans are offended by the term, but clearly, many are.

For the record, I don't think the term is offensive nor do I believe it is meant to mock or intimidate. However, if native Americans are offended at the name, I believe it should change.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree...that us true.

Unless you are a native american, which you might be, then their voice has more weight in the matter than non native Americans.

For the record, I don't think most native Americans are offended by the term, but clearly, many are.

For the record, I don't think the term is offensive nor do I believe it is meant to mock or intimidate. However, if native Americans are offended at the name, I believe it should change.
The group pushing the name change is NA

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1690678711740.png

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He meaning was expanded, not changed. The word gay still means happy, as well as homosexual.

A word is only an insult if the context makes it such. I could call you a banana and mean it as a slur. I could call you the “n word” and mean nothing negative by it (I wouldn’t because for me that word is off limits).

To be an actual slur, the deliverer has to mean it as such. Just because somebody takes a word as a slur, does not make it one. I find the term Native American offensive to everybody who is. The American Indian is not native to the U.S. They are no more native than any other white or black person in the US. In no way do I want to control their speech on the term.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree...that us true.

Why? Why should their opinion matter more than the deliverer of the message and history?