• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Good chance team name gets changed per report.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
During the RR press conference he was asked about the redskins name . Now to me the way he answered and made a big deal out of the name being used in the utmost respect to NA ‘s , my radical ass thinks this could be in play

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

could Snyder have strong armed this name change ?

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
commanders is an awful name,but they will never go back to the redskins cause it would cost them too much money.snyder just did,nt have the balls to keep the name.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
commanders is an awful name,but they will never go back to the redskins cause it would cost them too much money.snyder just did,nt have the balls to keep the name.
I think wokeism is the issue because people would go nuts over new redskins gear

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a faction of NAs that like the name and another that don't. Need to garner public support from the pro NAs if it is going to happen. Still think it is a long shot.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a faction of NAs that like the name and another that don't. Need to garner public support from the pro NAs if it is going to happen. Still think it is a long shot
i think changing the name back will bring avlot of difficulty in getting a new stadium and it won.t be worth the headache.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I signed the petition but believe there is a zero percent chance we get the name back. A vast majority of American Indians support the name…they just aren’t as loud as the criers…and those are usually white liberals.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not at 0% anymore. I'd say I'm at about 10%. If anyone could get it over the finish line it's probably Magic.(if he's up to it)

Kevin Sheehan and Peter Hailey aren't at 0% either. I forgot who said it. Maybe Dean, but if Josh gets RFK and the name back wow!
Screenshot_20230728-190019_Instagram.jpg

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not at 0% anymore. I'd say I'm at about 10%. If anyone could get it over the finish line it's probably Magic.(if he's up to it)

Kevin Sheehan and Peter Hailey aren't at 0% either. I forgot who said it. Maybe Dean, but if Josh gets RFK and the name back wow!
View attachment 335639
Magic would not support this because he is liberal and campaigns for the Democrat party. The name change is very much a political issue as skinsdad said.

That being said. Harris does support Republican candidates and appears to be more conservative from what I read. Who knows how dedicated they both are to these parties. What I can say is that Magic campaigned for Biden in Michigan and Harris has donated to Republican candidates. The bottom line is that many Americans are offended by the name "Redskins"...for whatever reason. Why on earth would Harris change the name back knowing that it would offend Americans and that sponsors would leave? Not only that, but sports merchandise sites would not sell our team gear? Does it really make sense for the team to do this?

Not trying to be rude here but come on guys...its not happening.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Magic would not support this because he is liberal and campaigns for the Democrat party. The name change is very much a political issue as skinsdad said.

That being said. Harris does support Republican candidates and appears to be more conservative from what I read. Who knows how dedicated they both are to these parties. What I can say is that Magic campaigned for Biden in Michigan and Harris has donated to Republican candidates. The bottom line is that many Americans are offended by the name "Redskins"...for whatever reason. Why on earth would Harris change the name back knowing that it would offend Americans and that sponsors would leave? Not only that, but sports merchandise sites would not sell our team gear? Does it really make sense for the team to do this?

Not trying to be rude here but come on guys...its not happening.
I don't think you're being rude at all.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think you're being rude at all.
Let me ask you boss....who is this petition going to sway?

Harris, Goodell, the American people? I don't think the name is meant to harm, mock, or offend anybody. However, I am in the minority and from a business perspective, I can see no reason why Harris would do it.

Change the name...yes, I think he will in the next few years. But going back to "Redskins" would put us in the crosshairs of the news and sports media. Just my opinion. For once, I would love to stay out of the negative news cycle.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I think a change back to Redskins is unlikely I will support the idea until we are told it can't happen.

Like you I am a big fan of Magic's but he is number 3 in the pecking order. I would imagine a return to their name would end talks of going back to RFK. Bowser said she would not support it a couple of years ago.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me ask you boss....who is this petition going to sway?

Harris, Goodell, the American people? I don't think the name is meant to harm, mock, or offend anybody. However, I am in the minority and from a business perspective, I can see no reason why Harris would do it.

Change the name...yes, I think he will in the next few years. But going back to "Redskins" would put us in the crosshairs of the news and sports media. Just my opinion. For once, I would love to stay out of the negative news cycle.
I'm at 10%, which basically means I'm with you. Hearing Snider say he'd bet on Skins over any of the other names gave me pause. He was they guy saying the Skins were chasing Sean Payton.

I caught hell for posting that from some including you. Turns out the Skins were in fact in on him. It would most definitely cost us RFK but Snider doesn't jump out the window unless he's heard something.

I'm still at 10% but no longer at zero.

The Redskins are a major brand for the NFL. Major brand. $$$ If somehow they got that done of course that would mean you could easily get your gear from NFL.com

The name is getting changed. If it wasn't Harris would have already said so. I put Skins at 1 in 10 but 1 in 10 is not zero.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I think a change back to Redskins is unlikely I will support the idea until we are told it can't happen.

Like you I am a big fan of Magic's but he is number 3 in the pecking order. I would imagine a return to their name would end talks of going back to RFK. Bowser said she would not support it a couple of years ago.
Let me ask you this and I am sure it has been talked about.

If we are taking "history" why not Braves? As you know, that was our first name. I am not an ATL fan but I don't think there has been too much push back against Braves. Yes, the same protesters who are irritated with Blackhawks, Braves, Chiefs, and Redskins, would attempt to block the name, but we were the Braves first.

I wonder if there is an appetite for that at all? While "redskin" can be used as a racial slur, "brave" is simply a Native American warrior. I doubt it would work but that would tie the past and present.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm at 10%, which basically means I'm with you. Hearing Snider say he'd bet on Skins over any of the other names gave me pause. He was they guy saying the Skins were chasing Sean Payton.

I caught hell for posting that from some including you. Turns out the Skins were in fact in on him. It would most definitely cost us RFK but Snider doesn't jump out the window unless he's heard something.

I'm still at 10% but no longer at zero.

The Redskins are a major brand for the NFL. Major brand. $$$ If somehow they got that done of course that would mean you could easily get your gear from NFL.com

The name is getting changed. If it wasn't Harris would have already said so. I put Skins at 1 in 10 but 1 in 10 is not zero.
My bad man...never mean to give you a hard time.