• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Good chance team name gets changed per report.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Magic would not support this because he is liberal and campaigns for the Democrat party. The name change is very much a political issue as skinsdad said.

That being said. Harris does support Republican candidates and appears to be more conservative from what I read. Who knows how dedicated they both are to these parties. What I can say is that Magic campaigned for Biden in Michigan and Harris has donated to Republican candidates. The bottom line is that many Americans are offended by the name "Redskins"...for whatever reason. Why on earth would Harris change the name back knowing that it would offend Americans and that sponsors would leave? Not only that, but sports merchandise sites would not sell our team gear? Does it really make sense for the team to do this?

Not trying to be rude here but come on guys...its not happening.
I don’t think you are being rude at all , it’s called realism and guys like me understand that standing up to the woke mob isn’t easy

but I have an old saying while I was acting 1st sgt in the Army and it’s called “ choose the hard right over the easy wrong “

the fans if they could would overwhelmingly support the name Redskins , not even close , if it could be done . Native Americans supported the name overwhelmingly in every poll ever done until white elitist told them it was racists and they still supported it. ,

if you are asking me if HOG has the backbone to fight for it ? No they don’t

but people are sick and tired of wokeism . Don’t believe me ? Ask Disney , Target Amhieser Bush And soon to be JP Morgan Chase

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are Harris and you want to make money off of merch after shelling out 6B, you don't leave the current name in limbo. You want Commanders gear flying off the shelf. We are getting a new name.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record I am on board with braves

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me ask you this and I am sure it has been talked about.

If we are taking "history" why not Braves? As you know, that was our first name. I am not an ATL fan but I don't think there has been too much push back against Braves. Yes, the same protesters who are irritated with Blackhawks, Braves, Chiefs, and Redskins, would attempt to block the name, but we were the Braves first.

I wonder if there is an appetite for that at all? While "redskin" can be used as a racial slur, "brave" is simply a Native American warrior. I doubt it would work but that would tie the past and present.
I have an answer:

The city of Boston was awarded an NFL franchise on July 9, 1932, under the ownership of American businessman George Preston Marshall.[1][2] The team was named after the Boston Braves baseball team, with whom they shared Braves Field. The following year the team moved to Fenway Park, home of the Boston Red Sox, and changed the team's name to the "Redskins".

They were the Braves for one year. While they were the Redskins for over 80 years.

Sports is all over the map with names ... Cleveland changed from Indians. Meanwhile there are the Chiefs in Kansas City. Florida State paid a large sum of money to be able to continue as Seminoles. There is no rhyme or reason to what is acceptable and what is not.

Redskins were my team, I was proud of our team and logo. Nothing can change that.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd actually like Warriors better if it couldn't be Redskins.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also for the record I will never support the commanders name . It is a Snyder legacy piece and he is most responsible for killing my future dreams . The organization LIED about fan participation in choosing the name , showed a lack of backbone running away from NA themes , and tried to sell us a lie . I won’t buy commander’s merchandise, I may attend a game but I can only be an interested party until the filth of Snyder has been irradicated

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Magic would not support this because he is liberal and campaigns for the Democrat party. The name change is very much a political issue as skinsdad said.

That being said. Harris does support Republican candidates and appears to be more conservative from what I read. Who knows how dedicated they both are to these parties. What I can say is that Magic campaigned for Biden in Michigan and Harris has donated to Republican candidates. The bottom line is that many Americans are offended by the name "Redskins"...for whatever reason. Why on earth would Harris change the name back knowing that it would offend Americans and that sponsors would leave? Not only that, but sports merchandise sites would not sell our team gear? Does it really make sense for the team to do this?

Not trying to be rude here but come on guys...it’s ery few are offended by the not happening.

Very few are actually offended by the term Redskins. Some people claim to be offended because they have no understanding of the actual word.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say hell no to Braves or anything else that honors the American Indian if they don’t like Redskins, Why would we honor them if they are excessively sensitive?

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give me Washington Warthogs. Pleaaaaase!

b50f9d8f8818b6ce3d60888d6cc0deb3.png

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Commanders really was a complete failure by Snyder and his team. The list of better names could go on forever and the new ownership will get a lot of good will just by changing the name...

There is the whole line of "Red-something": redhawks, red wolves, redhogs, red knights, redclaws, redtails, etc.

If the new FO insists that it has to be military, related, how about the Washington Arsenal, the Washington Warthogs or the Washington Talons?

Then there is the obvious choice of Warriors. Could use The old spear helmet, or even the same Commanders helmet with the W.
Washington Warthogs has great meter and alliteration and is a little rough and nasty. I like it.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i will go with any name other than commanders which just springs the snyder era.i want everything with that prick history.want the redskins name,but i think it,s very unlikely.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very few are actually offended by the term Redskins. Some people claim to be offended because they have no understanding of the actual word.
The word is viewed by many as a racial slur. It doesn't matter if that is what it originally meant, which it didn't.

Sorry but I disagree. Personally speaking, most if not all my co workers and family members found the term as derogatory and offensive.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would anyone be offended if they changed it to Pussies?

Not vaginas, kittens?

Is that too woke??

Name the team exactly what Washington, DC is today.

The DC CUNTS.

Oh my goodness, you don't mean that..............