• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Good chance team name gets changed per report.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? Why should their opinion matter more than the deliverer of the message and history?
I am not going to argue with you why the opinion of a group of people who don't want to be a mascot matters more than others.

Have you ever thought that maybe native Americans don't want to be a mascot? I am not going to tell them out to feel.

If we changed our name to the Washington samurai and Japanese groups felt offended, yes, I think we should change it. Why, because the culture that we chose to make a mascot doesn't want it. That is the risk you run when you select a group of people as a team name or mascot. Some might be on board, and some might reject it.

I don't think you are seeing the matter through their perspective. If I am catholic and wisconsin changed their name to the Pope's, as a catholic, I have more of a voice e regarding the matter than an atheist.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He meaning was expanded, not changed. The word gay still means happy, as well as homosexual.

A word is only an insult if the context makes it such. I could call you a banana and mean it as a slur. I could call you the “n word” and mean nothing negative by it (I wouldn’t because for me that word is off limits).

To be an actual slur, the deliverer has to mean it as such. Just because somebody takes a word as a slur, does not make it one. I find the term Native American offensive to everybody who is. The American Indian is not native to the U.S. They are no more native than any other white or black person in the US. In no way do I want to control their speech on the term.
The meaning had expanded, but 99.9 or 100% of the time it means homosexual.

If you were at concert and asked a guy who was singing to the music if he was gay, he would 100% think you were inquiring about his orientation. Come on now.

Woke is probably a better example actually.

Not one person has taken the word as a slur...entire narive american nations have. Apparently, some feel otherwise. You clearly haven't worked with native Americans. I have within charity circles, religious settings, and in college. They prefer the term native american to anything, especially Indian. Some have told me they prefer indigenous person. I am no native american scholar, but that is my experience. I am willing to bet that 99.9% of native Americans would currently be offended if they were called "redskin", even if it was done in a way that meant zero offense.

You have the right to your opinion but neither you nor I speak on behalf of native Americans. I am not attempting to at all and simply relaying my experience. Attempting to explain why the term "redskins" is not offense because you dont think it is is not right.

I will say this, if you aren't comfortable saying the word "redskin" to a native american to or around them, then a team should not be named that. I highly suggest you not use the word redskin anywhere around native Americans. Just some friendly advice.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Key word .... SOME .... I am not some and my opinion matters too.

Your opinion alone isnt going to get the name changed back to Redskins, despite what you might call your “best intentions.”

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the whole movement was wokeism period

Whoa! I guess the whole movement WAS wokeism then! I didnt think so until you ended your phrase with the word “period,” and NOW I DO think it was wokeism!

So emphatic!
So convincing!

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no ones opinion "alone " will change anything on any subject . what you do is take your opinion into the arena of ideas and let the people decide

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoa! I guess the whole movement WAS wokeism then! I didnt think so until you ended your phrase with the word “period,” and NOW I DO think it was wokeism!

So emphatic!
So convincing!
and so true , next

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the only way the name would be changed back to redskins is in a way that the team will make money off of it.they are,nt gonna change the name back if it loses them money.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the only way the name would be changed back to redskins is in a way that the team will make money off of it.they are,nt gonna change the name back if it loses them money.
like say selling redskins paraphernalia, ? like having a woke battered amhieser busch sponsor ? like inviting a foreign investment in ?

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you can.t find any redskins stuff here.do they sell redskins stuff anymore in dc?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no ones opinion "alone " will change anything on any subject . what you do is take your opinion into the arena of ideas and let the people decide

Oh, is that what you’re supposed to do? You like to restate the obvious. Thanks, captain!

Unfortunately, money doesnt care what a 20k “petition” says.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
like say selling redskins paraphernalia, ? like having a woke battered amhieser busch sponsor ? like inviting a foreign investment in ?

What is a woke battered armhieser busch sponsor?

What does “like inviting a foreign investment in” mean?

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So emphatic!
So convincing!
Ending a sentence with the word period n immediately following that with a . is no doubt a game changer.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ending a sentence with the word period n immediately following that with a . is no doubt a game changer.

Skinsdad’s ability to mansplain is making me question everything I ever thought about anything:

Day is night!
Up is down!
Does peanut butter REALLY go with jelly?!?!
Should the Captain have sang at all with Tennille?
Would Bonnie still be alive today fo she left Clyde?!

All because of one word: period.

And dont get me started on his use of the word “next!”

Powerful, powerful stuff.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not going to argue with you why the opinion of a group of people who don't want to be a mascot matters more than others.

Have you ever thought that maybe native Americans don't want to be a mascot? I am not going to tell them out to feel.
Yeah, I read somewhere that groups that were truly led by actual Native Americans and not guild-ridden or SJW white people have been engaged in trying to get the name changed since the 60s. Even though from my personal experience and from what I've seen online n heard from others. The Redskin name was not offensive to the majority of Native Americans and a percentage of those folks even took pride in the name.

I can't front though. I loved the name (still do) from the first moment I heard it and I loved the warrior chief emblem (still do) from the first moment I heard it even more. IMO both were the best team name and emblem/decal in all of North American team sports..........and 2nd place wasn't even close. Of all the sports teams though that have names linked to Native Americans. None can I think of that were at one time considered a slur or derogatory towards Native Americans as Redskins once was in this country. I'm also 100% positive George Preston Marshall with his racist ass meant no disrespect whatsoever to Native Americans when naming the team. In fact, to think he did is being ass backwards and nonsensical.

But make no mistake. Had Snyder's triflin ass simply answered the will there be a name change question witrh a couple no, we have no plans to change the name followed up by I've already answered that a couple times and nothing's changed. Or with a no comment. They might still be named the Redskins. People blaming wokeism are missing the mark. Snyder's to blame for the name change and Snyder alone. Insstead of taking cues from other owners or sports team or past owners of the Redskins. Just as he's done with damn near any and every situation relating to the Skins. He had to show his arrogant, totally clueless dickhead ass. I'm so glad he's gone.