• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Good chance team name gets changed per report.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, is that what you’re supposed to do? You like to restate the obvious. Thanks, captain!

Unfortunately, money doesnt care what a 20k “petition” says.
tell it to disney target and bush light

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skinsdad’s ability to mansplain is making me question everything I ever thought about anything:

Day is night!
Up is down!
Does peanut butter REALLY go with jelly?!?!
Should the Captain have sang at all with Tennille?
Would Bonnie still be alive today fo she left Clyde?!

All because of one word: period.

And dont get me started on his use of the word “next!”

Powerful, powerful stuff.
again let me lead you from out of the wilderness , forsake your echo chamber

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not going to argue with you why the opinion of a group of people who don't want to be a mascot matters more than others.

Have you ever thought that maybe native Americans don't want to be a mascot? I am not going to tell them out to feel.

If we changed our name to the Washington samurai and Japanese groups felt offended, yes, I think we should change it. Why, because the culture that we chose to make a mascot doesn't want it. That is the risk you run when you select a group of people as a team name or mascot. Some might be on board, and some might reject it.

I don't think you are seeing the matter through their perspective. If I am catholic and wisconsin changed their name to the Pope's, as a catholic, I have more of a voice e regarding the matter than an atheist.

How about the Irish? Are you worried they don’t want to be a mascot? Why would people choose the American Indian? It is because they fought hard. I am not telling them how to feel but I am not going to bend to their will.

I don’t need to see it through their perspective. They are not seeing it from any other person’s perspective. Again, the name honors them and that is why it is chosen.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The meaning had expanded, but 99.9 or 100% of the time it means homosexual.

If you were at concert and asked a guy who was singing to the music if he was gay, he would 100% think you were inquiring about his orientation. Come on now.

Woke is probably a better example actually.

Not one person has taken the word as a slur...entire narive american nations have. Apparently, some feel otherwise. You clearly haven't worked with native Americans. I have within charity circles, religious settings, and in college. They prefer the term native american to anything, especially Indian. Some have told me they prefer indigenous person. I am no native american scholar, but that is my experience. I am willing to bet that 99.9% of native Americans would currently be offended if they were called "redskin", even if it was done in a way that meant zero offense.

You have the right to your opinion but neither you nor I speak on behalf of native Americans. I am not attempting to at all and simply relaying my experience. Attempting to explain why the term "redskins" is not offense because you dont think it is is not right.

I will say this, if you aren't comfortable saying the word "redskin" to a native american to or around them, then a team should not be named that. I highly suggest you not use the word redskin anywhere around native Americans. Just some friendly advice.

The word woke when spoken by the right is an absolute slur. This is the problem with people and communication.
I don’t have to work with American Indians to know the history of a word. Like I said, the term Native American should offend every other person because it makes it sound like the American Indian was originally from here. They were not. They came and killed off the beings here before them.

Why would I refer to them as Redskins? I would say Indian...or dude…or lady…depending on the situation.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The word woke when spoken by the right is an absolute slur. This is the problem with people and communication.
I don’t have to work with American Indians to know the history of a word. Like I said, the term Native American should offend every other person because it makes it sound like the American Indian was originally from here. They were not. They came and killed off the beings here before them.

Why would I refer to them as Redskins? I would say Indian...or dude…or lady…depending on the situation.

The article you posted reflects a 2016 poll, please refer to a more recent case study. Like
I said, times have changed. You said the name redskins was meant to honor them. I agree with that but many Native Americans do not see it that way at all any longer.

Clearly, the thinking of native americans has changed over the past 40 years. After the change in 2020, the Navajo nation, which is the largest native american tribe in the US, praised the change and reaffirmed the Navajo position that the term redskin was offensive to them.

In my example, you said you would refer to a Native American as he or she or Indian. Why not redskin? If a co worker said, hey is John doe a white guy? Would you feel comfortable saying "nope, he is a redskin".

Even the dictionary classifies the term as offense now. Again, things have changed.

Last edited:

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again ... opinions vary. The word "some" says it all. The country has a huge problem with trying to inflict their will on others. Everyone is entitled to that. I have chosen my opinion and have no intention of changing it.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The white fucking liberal is the problem. What are those damn redskins going to do if the name was changed back to redskins.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The article you posted reflects a 2016 poll, please refer to a more recent case study. Like
I said, times have changed. You said the name redskins was meant to honor them. I agree with that but many Native Americans do not see it that way at all any longer.

Clearly, the thinking of native americans has changed over the past 40 years. After the change in 2020, the Navajo nation, which is the largest native american tribe in the US, praised the change and reaffirmed the Navajo position that the term redskin was offensive to them.

In my example, you said you would refer to a Native American as he or she or Indian. Why not redskin? If a co worker said, hey is John doe a white guy? Would you feel comfortable saying "nope, he is a redskin".

Even the dictionary classifies the term as offense now. Again, things have changed.

The poll was 2016. The times have only changed according to liberals who believe they know better than everybody else.

The truth doesn’t care how people see it. The team was literally named in honor of them. Time doesn’t change the truth.

You mean the leaders of the tribe…not the people. The leaders are politicians and all leaders want the money.

The white guy or black guy is the common descriptor. For the American Indian, it is Indian.

Yes…and the dictionary momentarily changed the definition of woman…until they realized it was stupid.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about the Irish? Are you worried they don’t want to be a mascot? Why would people choose the American Indian? It is because they fought hard. I am not telling them how to feel but I am not going to bend to their will.

I don’t need to see it through their perspective. They are not seeing it from any other person’s perspective. Again, the name honors them and that is why it is chosen.
You dont need to see it throught their perspective, but you clearly think that they should see it through yours.

“CANT YOU SEE I’M HONORING YOU?!?!?!”

Shot in the dark: Are you a white male?

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listen from about the 28 or 29 minute mark. It's weird. I don't think they could ever go back to Redskins. Even if they did they would probably have to change it again five to ten years later.

It's just that the name Redskins has been flowing out of the mouths of the owners and Ron.

Ron referred to Durant as a Redskins/Commanders fan. When asked about why Redskins is being used so freely Ron responded with "Well Josh said he wanted to bring back the glory."

Weird. Give it a listen when you get the time.

I'm still at 10%

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You dont need to see it throught their perspective, but you clearly think that they should see it through yours.

“CANT YOU SEE I’M HONORING YOU?!?!?!”

Shot in the dark: Are you a white male?

I think they should see it as it is. The deliverer of the message dictates if the message is a slur.