• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Gonna Be A Long Game...

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of those...Jesus Christ Foles threw some damn floater meatballs out there yesterday...I can't believe some of them came down for catches. Yeesh.

Yes!!! I kept complaining about that all game!

How far off the WRs must we be for these balls to be completed!

Ugh!!!

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They played too conservative, particularly in the first half. Not a team to play it close to the vest against.

And for the love of Christ, can someone please explain to me why Mizzell Sr. is getting multiple carries on their opening fucking drive? Enough with this fucking kid already. He has done nothing but take carries away from Howard and Cohen. I could understand it, late in a game, due to maybe stamina er what have you, in the opening series is lame af.

Yeah, I didn't get his over-involvement either...

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Defense got punched in the mouth on the opening drive. Then the Bears followed with a scared offensive attack, when they should've been testing philly's secondary. I felt Mitch could've ran a few times on 3rd down early on and didn't for some reason...and then after he tweaked his leg, that element almost disappeared entirely. I also felt Howard was running ok, and should've got more attempts.

the 33 yd PI on 3rd and long to extend their first TD drive still bugs me.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I need to re-watch the game sober. (Ugh..)

What the fuck was with the catch and fumble call by Miller? Why was that spotted back at the original line of scrimmage?

Another call that bugged me in the game was a 3rd and long for Philly early, wherein they did a dump off screen, and it looked as tho he would get the first easily, but right at the sticks, Deon Bush fucking leveled the ball carrier. The ref set the ball down where I thought it was, which was close, and then another ref came in and moved that fucker a yard and a half forward for an easy first down. He looked short to me, or at the very least close enough to measure or review, and in no fucking way did he get to where that ref placed the ball. That likely would've forced a punt from their end of the field.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to be the first to say that @richig07 and @BsGenius both should just go fucking kill themselves...once and for all...just fuck off and die. I hate you both.

I called that Parkey would fucking kill us, and un-fucking-fortunately, I was absolutely motherfucking right. I hope he dies of AIDS.

The officiating was shit. The play of the game for Eagles was a pussy pass interference call.

The only semblance of joy I can possibly take from this game, is knowing the Eagles won't do shit going forward. THEY WILL NOT WIN IT ALL.

No... yeah

It's totally my fault

Fuck off

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No... yeah

It's totally my fault

Fuck off
LOL, your fault for what? Being an obnoxious attention-whore? You want everyone to "Get after you", but in a cheeky, fun-loving way, right?

Nah dude, I ain't blaming you for shit, other than being annoying af.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, your fault for what? Being an obnoxious attention-whore? You want everyone to "Get after you", but in a cheeky, fun-loving way, right?

Nah dude, I ain't blaming you for shit, other than being annoying af.

Relax dude. Christ

I wanted to win, very badly... just like you. I was excited this past week. (I also did my fair share of drinking the weekend leading up... lol) It all surfaced in a way that was surely in poor form... I was annoying and obnoxious as holy shit. Do I regret it? Not really man. I was having fun. What do I really give a fuck if I make a fool of myself anonymously on the internet?

I am feeling the pain this week just like you and everyone else. It sucks

Honestly dude... you're probably my favorite poster on this board - Have a good off-season and let's get the fuck after it next year. We have way too many big games upcoming to fight over this. It ain't shit brotha.

:suds:

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Relax dude. Christ

I wanted to win, very badly... just like you. I was excited this past week. (I also did my fair share of drinking the weekend leading up... lol) It all surfaced in a way that was surely in poor form... I was annoying and obnoxious as holy shit. Do I regret it? Not really man. I was having fun. What do I really give a fuck if I make a fool of myself anonymously on the internet?

I am feeling the pain this week just like you and everyone else. It sucks

Honestly dude... you're probably my favorite poster on this board - Have a good off-season and let's get the fuck after it next year. We have way too many big games upcoming to fight over this. It ain't shit brotha.

:suds:
I'm good man...I was completely fuckshaced and ready to kill shit when I posted that. Barely even remember posting it.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To summarize:

2qnvwj.jpg

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really hope the bears use this devastating loss to comeback better. Next year is Trubiskys last year to prove himself before I start calling for a new QB to be drafted. I see potential for success with him, but we need a back up plan that may become a trading piece if it doesn’t pay off. He needs to show me some big time growth out of the gate.

I feel like it’s going to be very hard to improve the bears defense from here on out. Our best chance is the growth of Trubisky. This year was never going to be our year. If Trubisky comes into the year improved next year after being in the same offense, I think we are going to contend for a few years. If he sucks next year and the league figures him out as a check down runner, we’re back to being a solid team that picks outside the top ten but never really contends.

Trubiskys stats haven’t been too bad, but he has been pretty lucky this year. If he keeps making those bad throws, we have a bust. If he can start making those downfield throws more consistently, he can be very good. I think he needs to watch some Aaron Rodgers/Russell Wilson games in the offseason. He need to learn to use his legs to extend plays so receivers get open. I think he also needs to start getting the hall out a little quicker.

Trubisky's been in a straight upward trajectory since day 1. He proved himself more than in any game the way he played on those clutch 4th quarter drives. Some of the throws he made on those drives were eye popping.

This is one of the most confusing posts I have read during my time posting on ESPN or over here. All he's done is work hard, improve and demonstrate his worth.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trubisky's been in a straight upward trajectory since day 1. He proved himself more than in any game the way he played on those clutch 4th quarter drives. Some of the throws he made on those drives were eye popping.

This is one of the most confusing posts I have read during my time posting on ESPN or over here. All he's done is work hard, improve and demonstrate his worth.
He was still making boneheaded throws against the eagles. The eagles DBs just let them slip through their hands. He’s been good for where he’s at, but he still has a lot of growth left before I consider him a good QB. I feel I have been very objective with MT from day 1. I liked the trade up for him and defended it, but he hasn’t proven himself to me yet. Making all the throws is only a small part of the equation.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was still making boneheaded throws against the eagles. The eagles DBs just let them slip through their hands. He’s been good for where he’s at, but he still has a lot of growth left before I consider him a good QB. I feel I have been very objective with MT from day 1. I liked the trade up for him and defended it, but he hasn’t proven himself to me yet. Making all the throws is only a small part of the equation.

Almost every game, any given QB will "get away" with at least one.

I agree completely he needs to improve on that, but all indications say that his improvement is not at a stand-still.

Kid's a gamer and a grinder, IMO. I think he is trending up.

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember when Aaron Rodgers played a flawless game in week 1 against the Bears and the easily crushed us.

Or, Rodgers, the guy with the record for most consecutive passes without an INT, threw one right at Kyle Fuller, which hit him in the numbers and bounced to the ground, causing us to lose that game.

Every QB in the league throws bad passes and misses targets. Mitch will always do that. He's lowered the frequency of those as the season has gone on. That's about all you can ask him to do at this stage of his career.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I counted one interceptable throw at the end of the first half. Watch any of the best QB's in the game - they make one or two in most every damn game as well. Your not being unbiased - you have a microscope over him which you don't put over other QB's. Mitch simply didn't have a problem with turnovers this year. His INT total was the same as pro bowlers named Mahomes, Rivers and Goff.

No one is saying Mitch is a finished product. He's not and that's what is exciting. He's already a top half of the league QB. All he has done is grow over his 1.5 years as the teams QB.

You throwing the word "bust" around with him is just so damn confusing. This was such a positive year for him. Look where he came from in 2017.

If he stops here? Sure, that's not quite what we wanted with the number two pick. However, there's really no reason to assert that he will. Going into year #2 in this offense is actually more of a reason to believe he should turn a pivotal corner.

QB's like Pat Mahomes skew perspective on what QB progression is. Great QB's typically don't just explode like him - it's a steady trajectory upward until they hit that point. This is true for all the top guys in the league not named Mahomes... and most of the time? Guys with huge first seasons? They take a step back in year #2.

Trubisky is right on schedule and this year was nothing but a positive one for him. Especially seeing how he performed down the stretch Sunday. What a set of balls on those drives. He didn't just make the throws... he drilled them with no fear when his team's season was on the line.

When his progress flat-lines? Yeah, go ahead... throw that talk around. No one is saying he doesn't need to continue to grow next season.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Almost every game, any given QB will "get away" with at least one.

I agree completely he needs to improve on that, but all indications say that his improvement is not at a stand-still.

Kid's a gamer and a grinder, IMO. I think he is trending up.
You’re basically parroting my belief. He definitely looks like he is on the path, but I don’t consider him better than Cutler or Orton yet as a bears QB. Next year is the year that he can jump those two IMHO. He’s not bad for his time in the league, but he still needs to get better. I’ve seen similarly talented QBs become duds after better starts than Trubisky.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I counted one interceptable throw at the end of the first half. Watch any of the best QB's in the game - they make one or two in most every damn game as well. Your not being unbiased - you have a microscope over him which you don't put over other QB's. Mitch simply didn't have a problem with turnovers this year. His INT total was the same as pro bowlers named Mahomes, Rivers and Goff.

No one is saying Mitch is a finished product. He's not and that's what is exciting. He's already a top half of the league QB. All he has done is grow over his 1.5 years as the teams QB.

You throwing the word "bust" around with him is just so damn confusing. This was such a positive year for him. Look where he came from in 2017.

If he stops here? Sure, that's not quite what we wanted with the number two pick. However, there's really no reason to assert that he will. Going into year #2 in this offense is actually more of a reason to believe he should turn a pivotal corner.

QB's like Pat Mahomes skew perspective on what QB progression is. Great QB's typically don't just explode like him - it's a steady trajectory upward until they hit that point. This is true for all the top guys in the league not named Mahomes... and most of the time? Guys with huge first seasons? They take a step back in year #2.

Trubisky is right on schedule and this year was nothing but a positive one for him. Especially seeing how he performed down the stretch Sunday. What a set of balls on those drives. He didn't just make the throws... he drilled them with no fear when his team's season was on the line.

When his progress flat-lines? Yeah, go ahead... throw that talk around. No one is saying he doesn't need to continue to grow next season.
Richi, containing your ideas into a small and short readable message is a very useful skill in the real world. I’m not reading your novel of nonsense.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You’re basically parroting my belief. He definitely looks like he is on the path, but I don’t consider him better than Cutler or Orton yet as a bears QB. Next year is the year that he can jump those two IMHO. He’s not bad for his time in the league, but he still needs to get better. I’ve seen similarly talented QBs become duds after better starts than Trubisky.

Trubisky is certainly a better leader than Cutler ever dreamed of being...the polar opposite of Cutler. Sunshine vs. a black cloud. And he is a much better talent than Orton, and that's even if he never plays another down.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trubisky is certainly a better leader than Cutler ever dreamed of being...the polar opposite of Cutler. Sunshine vs. a black cloud. And he is a much better talent than Orton, and that's even if he never plays another down.
Yeah, but I’m talking total package so far. Cutler had a better arm, similar athleticism, and didn’t mind throwing down field. Orton was smarter, better in the no huddle, better at reading defenses, and a better pocket passer. Trubisky can surpass both next year. It’d be nice if we actually had a Bears QB he could be compared to that’s better, but Orton and Cutler are the cream of the crop since 2000.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree with your statement except for the bolded,Mohomes threw app 150 more passes,rivers threw 70 more passes and goff threw 561 times...……...That's a huge difference.

Trubiskys passing percentage was right on par with mahomes at 66%.tad bit better than goffs by 2% and a tad bit lower than rivers by 2%...….That's pretty good co.

You all know I wasn't too hip on MT after about 2 games played this year,but you all assured me he would get better with time.....
He actually showed flashes of being great,with a couple of head scratching moments...……..what I liked about him is can get us those critical 1st downs with his scrambling and actually showed in waning minutes of the eagles game,maybe he can handle the big time pressure......im looking forward to see what hes got next season...….I do believe that will tell whether hes valueable enough to be our starter for quite the while.