• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Golden Tate only has 1 career 100 yard game.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Golden Tate ranks 34th in the league in Yards and 21st in Yards after catch. He has steadily improved every season and is currently on pace to have 65-70 receptions for 900-950 Yards and 6 TDs. That isn't very average to me.

He is currently on pace for 64 catches 878 yards. As the most targeted WR on the team that is not very impressive. You also have to take into consideration the numerous screen passes the Seahawks have designed to Golden Tate this year, which account for his yards after the catch. Also being ranked 34th in yardage is misleading because there are some players who have only played 7 games, the Seahawks have played 8. If you use yards per game, he is ranked 49th.

It's about him not getting open, not his stat line.

Last edited by a moderator:

hawkfan1073

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is currently on pace for 64 catches 878 yards. As the most targeted WR on the team that is not very impressive. You also have to take into consideration the numerous screen passes the Seahawks have designed to Golden Tate this year, which account for his yards after the catch. Also being ranked 34th in yardage is misleading because there are some players who have only played 7 games, the Seahawks have played 8. If you use yards per game, he is ranked 49th.

It's about him not getting open, not his stat line.

Sure, whatever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Doesn't suprise me much, he drops too many or gives up on his route too early to make more catches and more yards. He is an average WR at best.

I don't agree with that, and I think that a big factor in Tate's lack of 100 yard games is that he gets a lot less opportunity than he would if he were in a pass-heavy offense. The Seahawks have been near the bottom of the league in number of pass attempts for several years now.

2013 pass attempts stats (Seahawks are 29th even though we haven't had a bye week yet):
2013 NFL Team Passing Stats - National Football League - ESPN

2012 pass attempt stats (Seahawks had the fewest in the league):

2012 NFL Team Passing Stats - National Football League - ESPN

2011 pass attempt stats (Seahawks were 25th in pass attempts):

2012 NFL Team Passing Stats - National Football League - ESPN

The only time that in Golden Tate's career that the Seahawks WEREN'T in the third of the league in passing attempts was his rookie year in 2010, when we were tied for the 14th most pass attempts in the league.

With the Seahawks being near the bottom in pass attempt in every year after 2010, Golden Tate hasn't had much OPPROTUNITY to rack up 100 yard games.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't suprise me much, he drops too many or gives up on his route too early to make more catches and more yards. He is an average WR at best.

Tate is crafty though and has good chemistry with Wilson… I love Tate's toughness and yards after the catch….. I didn't appreciate his showboating though the other night… Needs to grow up…

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't surprise me because of the type of offense we run, not because of Golden's skills. Also he had what 95 last week?

We are a run first offense and when we do pass we spread it around.

Also we are 7-1 without any 100 yard receivers this year if I'm not mistaken so I am not super worried about it.

Ding ding ding we have a winner!

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't surprise me because of the type of offense we run, not because of Golden's skills. Also he had what 95 last week?

We are a run first offense and when we do pass we spread it around.

Also we are 7-1 without any 100 yard receivers this year if I'm not mistaken so I am not super worried about it.

100% spot on with this statement! Plus I would like to add that its hard for Golden Tate or any of our WR's to get open when the play is breaking down at the line and Wilson is running for his life. Tate's numbers would be better if our o-line was healthy or at least the backups could block and allow the routes to develop and give Wilson time to throw.

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are some Tate haters, even though they claim to be "just stating the obvious" like, he can't get open.......BS. He drops passes all the time......bs.

The poster that compared him to Ward was spot on. Tough, crafty (hide that meaning with slightly aggressive) and TEAM player.

I love this guy. I look forward to punts to see what Tate will do in a positive way. Other haters worry. I don't. Love this guy. Type of guys you NEED to win.

After the stupid TAUNTING, I agree, stupid, I think and believe that Tate will calm it down. In FACT, I believe that next TD he gets, he will toss the ball to the ref, if the ref is away, he will run it to the ref.
NOW, when Tate does this, haters will claim he is being an ass. I disagree.

Bring it Golden, I love what you do (but quit the taunting please).

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who cares...how many 100 yard receiver have the seahawks had since last year? I bet not a lot

Look at a team like Jacksonville and they have a fair amount of 100 yd wrs this year and last year with Cecil Shorts and Blackmon...but look how terribly inefficient their offense is

Tate is what he is...a solid slot wr and an excellent play maker with the ball in his hands

He fits the role on our team and produces more than enough in his position considering the type of offense that we run. The real issue at wr on our team is not Tate it's Sydney. He's the big money guy who was supposed to be our #1 guy. No one was expecting 1000-1200 yds out of him but for a guy his size and his skill 700-800 yds is expected at the very least.

But instead he's given us nothing this year and he might as well be out for the year now cause we're better off having Baldwin or Kearse get more touches.

...oh and someone brought up drops with Tate? The guy is pretty sure handed...Seahawk fans are quick to forget Darrell Jackson and Koren Robinson...those were guys who consistently had drops. Tate is far from a Djack or Krob in terms of his sure hands

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said,

Tate may be a hater, every team has them, but he does our team well.

Can't stand that "he can't get separation talk" give me some stats on this haters.

Go Hawks.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always find it funny when people label others who disagree with them on a player as a hater. You can actually say something negative about a player's game and it doesn't mean they're about to organize a mob to run the player out of town.

Even stats can be ambiguous. Drops, for example, is a stat that people like to point to for a receivers hands, but every statistician thinks of drops in their own way. There's a difference between a "he should have caught that" pass and a "hit you in the hands" pass. Some people look at a drop as a pass that a receiver should have caught, where others see it as it's not a drop unless the ball was perfectly thrown but not caught. I personally call a drop one that a receiver should catch (case in point, there was a game where Dion Butler dropped 9 passes by my count, but the statistician only recorded 2 of the passes as drops). It doesn't mean that Butler's hands were better than I thought, he still should have caught those passes, but the person keeping the record thought differently than I did about whether they were drops.

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always find it funny when people label others who disagree with them on a player as a hater. You can actually say something negative about a player's game and it doesn't mean they're about to organize a mob to run the player out of town.

Even stats can be ambiguous. Drops, for example, is a stat that people like to point to for a receivers hands, but every statistician thinks of drops in their own way. There's a difference between a "he should have caught that" pass and a "hit you in the hands" pass. Some people look at a drop as a pass that a receiver should have caught, where others see it as it's not a drop unless the ball was perfectly thrown but not caught. I personally call a drop one that a receiver should catch (case in point, there was a game where Dion Butler dropped 9 passes by my count, but the statistician only recorded 2 of the passes as drops). It doesn't mean that Butler's hands were better than I thought, he still should have caught those passes, but the person keeping the record thought differently than I did about whether they were drops.

SURE, there are certain posters that, in your opinion are not Haters, but every post about Golden Tate is relatively negative. EX, Tate makes a great TD, but the response is about taunting. Tate plays well, but the response is "he will ask for a huge salary" like you know! Replies like TATE is way over rated, like really, who has Tate ranked high to begin with.

Keep bringing it Golden Tate.:suds:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow Golden Tate really brings out the passion on both sides. I think is fine as our #2 receiver in a run first offense, but not so good that I feel the Seahawks have to resign him. I hope he really continue to improve and changes my mind.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SURE, there are certain posters that, in your opinion are not Haters, but every post about Golden Tate is relatively negative. EX, Tate makes a great TD, but the response is about taunting. Tate plays well, but the response is "he will ask for a huge salary" like you know! Replies like TATE is way over rated, like really, who has Tate ranked high to begin with.

Keep bringing it Golden Tate.:suds:

The taunting was a big deal. Like it or not, the 15 yard penalty was no different from Giacomini's PF that cost the team so dearly at times. If he doesn't taunt, then no one talks about the taunt. But, that has no bearing on his skill level.

The overrated statement, I would assume is targeted at those who seem to think that 1 80 yard TD pass that he was lucky to even get is more important to show his excellence than the rest of the game where he was shut down (which trash talking by the DBs shutting him down led him to taunt IMO).

There are some things that Tate does very well, and there are some things he doesn't do very well. Like every player, he has his strengths and weaknesses, but not only do I not think he's elite in the NFL, but with Harvin being here, he may not be a must re-sign if he is looking for a large payday.

None of these things mean I hate him, but I do have a huge distaste for how the team uses him, just like I dislike how the OC uses a lot of the weapons that are on offense.

hawkfan1073

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The overrated statement, I would assume is targeted at those who seem to think that 1 80 yard TD pass that he was lucky to even get is more important to show his excellence than the rest of the game where he was shut down (which trash talking by the DBs shutting him down led him to taunt IMO).

How was he "shut down"? He was the most targeted receiver on either side of the ball with 7 targets and had 5 receptions which was the most for any receiver on either team. He had the most yards with 93 and 2 touchdowns (which single handedly won the game)
I don't see much shut down there.....

As for his 1 80 yd TD.....how about giving him some freakin credit for making a good catch instead of calling him lucky. He made a pretty good play imo. Aside from the taunting(which is a bullshit penalty) he played a really good game.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How was he "shut down"? He was the most targeted receiver on either side of the ball with 7 targets and had 5 receptions which was the most for any receiver on either team. He had the most yards with 93 and 2 touchdowns (which single handedly won the game)
I don't see much shut down there.....

As for his 1 80 yd TD.....how about giving him some freakin credit for making a good catch instead of calling him lucky. He made a pretty good play imo. Aside from the taunting(which is a bullshit penalty) he played a really good game.

How about actually watching the game?

Yeah, shut down. Those other 4 catches that went for a grand total of 13 yards were oh so impressive. You can put the blame on Bevell if you'd like, but that deep pass was the only time he was open all night when his pattern went beyond the line of scrimmage more than a few yards, and to do that he had to have the CB fall down at the very end. So really, aside from that catch, he played a pretty pedestrian game, and that's not even taking the taunting call into consideration.

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally call a drop one that a receiver should catch (case in point, there was a game where Dion Butler dropped 9 passes by my count, but the statistician only recorded 2 of the passes as drops). It doesn't mean that Butler's hands were better than I thought, he still should have caught those passes, but the person keeping the record thought differently than I did about whether they were drops.

For the record, in Butler's career, he had 9 targets in a game ONCE, one time. He had 2 receptions. Are you sure he dropped the other 7?
Another time he had 8 targets. He had 1 reception, 7 incomplete passes went his direction, Maybe that was the game he dropped 9 passes.
:wtf2:

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record, in Butler's career, he had 9 targets in a game ONCE, one time. He had 2 receptions. Are you sure he dropped the other 7?
Another time he had 8 targets. He had 1 reception, 7 incomplete passes went his direction, Maybe that was the game he dropped 9 passes.
:wtf2:

Well, then, I am obviously mis-remembering the number, or have attributed some to him that were others. It was the Green Bay game in 2011, but obviously he had only 8 targets, so the 9 number doesn't work.

hawkfan1073

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about actually watching the game?

Yeah, shut down. Those other 4 catches that went for a grand total of 13 yards were oh so impressive. You can put the blame on Bevell if you'd like, but that deep pass was the only time he was open all night when his pattern went beyond the line of scrimmage more than a few yards, and to do that he had to have the CB fall down at the very end. So really, aside from that catch, he played a pretty pedestrian game, and that's not even taking the taunting call into consideration.
He was the most prolific player in the game not named Zac Stacy. Definitely the best WR playing in that game, so there's that....
Should we discredit all the catches other receivers make when the DB's fall down? Good receivers make plays and he made the 2 game winning catches....I don't consider THAT pedestrian.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just had a convo on the gen board about "Lucky" plays. 99.9% of these plays that people consider lucky are products of extremely high effort, what more can you want from à player than high effort?